Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. whitesox Game Thread September 4

The Tigers have the bats to do some damage if they get into the post season. Hopefully the 2-5 pitchers will hold up their end of the bargain.

Know what the best thing thing about Miggy's walk-off HR last night was?

Ozzie and the Sox won't invite him out for a drink after the game, like in 2009.

cool.png

wow 4-0 now.. The sox are done!!! But with that said, the Indians are still going to be tough.. They play 9 games against this joke Sox team I believe and I'm thinking they will be boosted because of that..

Tigers 3rd inning,

Magglio first pitch changeup line drive single to left, Maggs is 18 for 40 lifetime vs. buerhle,

Young chasing crap low, cutter fouled back, takes another inside, changeup ground foul, throw to first with base stealing threat Maggs, low fouled back, fastball outside, curve hangs and pulled to left single,

Cabrera fastball outside, curve in and called a strike, fastball fouled back, curve low is lined to left and caught,

Martinez waits throw to first, takes a curve low, strike call, cutter in the dirt, again, changeup ground foul full count, drilled down left for a single and Maggs scores Young to third,

Tigers lead 2 - 0,

Avila line drive single to left and Young scores,

Tigers lead 3 - 0,

love it,

pitching coach out to talk,

Peralta takes curve low, buerhle now taking time between pitches, Jhonny takes low again, grounder to short flips to second for one and the tailor made dp broken up throw is low and wild safe at first and runner scores,

Tigers lead 4 - 0,

Raburn swings and misses, fly to left,

buerhle with 65 pitches, nice,

Tigers lead 4 - 0.

tigers99888 said:
wow 4-0 now.. The sox are done!!! But with that said, the Indians are still going to be tough.. They play 9 games against this joke Sox team I believe and I'm thinking they will be boosted because of that..

Sox don't want to finish 3rd though, so I expect them to try real hard against the Indians.

MI_Thumb said:
[quote="Mitch":wqijx7pf]

No, he's a hard thrower.

94-96 is a hard thrower...[/quote:wqijx7pf]

Yes. I just meant he can get higher :)

A nightmare is the 2009 season. We can't rest players and be complacent. Need to stomp on their necks and keep aggressive until we have it in the bag.

MI_Thumb said:
tigers99888 said:

Sox don't want to finish 3rd though, so I expect them to try real hard against the Indians.
You have a manager an a GM on their way out with the way things are looking even if they finish second.. I think they could lay down for other teams now..

A sweep here would be amazing. The only way the Tigers don't win the division is if they absolutely choke. No team can catch them otherwise.

Scherzer 4th inning,

pierre fastball strike call, slider is low, hard grounder to Raburn makes the play and throws to Cabrera,

popgunramirez slider strike call, fastball inside corner strike, fastball high, fastball fouled back, now that one looked more like a strike than pitch two, ground foul, ground to third Inge throws him out,

konerko fastball low, changeup outside, outside, fastball strike call, fastball fouled back full count, grounder to Inge,

Scherzer with 62 pitches,

Tigers lead 4 - 0.

jdbaker1 said:
A sweep here would be amazing. The only way the Tigers don't win the division is if they absolutely choke. No team can catch them otherwise.

That's usually how it works. A series win against Cleveland sure would help.

:)

It's like Max Scherzer has a twin brother that pitches sometimes, cause I can't equate Max this start, with Max on his last start.

A Twin is the only feasible explanation.

Hell yeah. Max is amazing tonight. I don't want to jinx it, but if he gets a negative hit by the ninth...

Back