Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Trade Rumors Castellanos to Cubs, Greene to Braves - signs with the Reds now Phillies

You can bet whoever we get in trades will end up worse off and whoever we trade will probably have a better Career then they did in Detroit. The Tigers need new blood. New owners, new coaches , new everything !

You can bet whoever we get in trades will end up worse off and whoever we trade will probably have a better Career then they did in Detroit. The Tigers need new blood. New owners, new coaches , new everything !

If I'm an up and coming minor leauger and my team is interested on anyone on the Tiger's roster....I'd be terrified of getting shipped there.

If I'm an up and coming minor leauger and my team is interested on anyone on the Tiger's roster....I'd be terrified of getting shipped there.

not me. I would be excited because there is a clear path to the major leagues and a big pay raise $$$$

not me. I would be excited because there is a clear path to the major leagues and a big pay raise $$$$

Fair point. But also the top notch coaching and player development they have to offer...priceless!!

Fair point. But also the top notch coaching and player development they have to offer...priceless!!
That pretty much sums it up if a player has a notch in his swing or a pitcher has a kink in his throwing motion I don't trust anyone associated with this team to fix it.

https://247sports.com/mlb/tigers/Article/WTKA-Podcast-What-Will-Matt-Boyd-Bring-133365676/
WTKA Podcast: What Will Boyd Bring? 15 minutes.
TigsTown

Paul Wezner joins Ira Weintraub on the Michigan Insider on WTKA to discuss the Tigers recent struggles and what we should be on lookout for in July now that the Michigan baseball run is over. That specifically includes who could be available on the trade market and what the Tigers might be able to get for them, as well as details of how rookies like Tommy Henry and Jimmy Kerr are brought into the organization.

Cubs would trade for Greene after getting Kimbrel? I know he just Krumbeled (sic) last night, but ...

I rather have him lose out then just give him away. It's not like we lose Boyd after the year. Lets get something good not trade just to trade.

I rather have him lose out then just give him away. It's not like we lose Boyd after the year. Lets get something good not trade just to trade.

He had a deal last trade deadline for Castellanos, when he was having a career year. I get that you want to maximize value, but by all accounts, this year and last, Avila tends to "overvalue" his players.

He had a deal last trade deadline for Castellanos, when he was having a career year. I get that you want to maximize value, but by all accounts, this year and last, Avila tends to "overvalue" his players.

We're talking about Boyd here. Nonetheless, with Nick - why trade him for a bag of crap? You have another year to try to get him. Take a chance that he has another big year.. Nothing worse than getting ml fodder.

Back