Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Trump Bans Coronavirus with Executive Order

I sit outside by myself in the back. We have walls around the home no one can see me. Outside that I understand what they're trying to do. Maybe some things are overboard, maybe. But we still have no clue on this so lets be cautious.

Is it tanning season there yet, in the Valley of the Sun?

What are the restrictions there in AZ or the Phoenix area? I haven’t seen anything about it?

This has nothing to do with the death rates; I obviously don't know what they are, and no one has enough data to say for sure, but this doesn't disprove anything or offer any suggestions what it might be.

It's also extremely misleading.

Headline: Dr. Deborah Birx: Media Has ‘Frightened The American People’ With Salacious Coronavirus Numbers

Actual quote: But I can tell you if you go back and look at Wuhan and Hubei and all of these provinces, when they talk about 60,000 people being infected, even if you said, alright well there’s asymptomatics and all of that, so you get to 600,000 people out of 80 million. That is nowhere close to the numbers that you see people putting out there. I think it has frightened the American people.

She didn't call out the media in particular or "salacious reporting," and her speech was not in response to any "leftist talking heads" "like Chris Hayes"

Try again maybe? Could you find the expected death statistics from noted viral pathologists like Texas' Lt. Governor, or Jerry Falwell Jr. about what we can expect, and cut and paste those here?

I always learn so much from your expert opinion on things. You are very knowledgeable and keep us all so well informed.

The data that is scaring people has nothing to do with the death rates? that's interesting and thought provoking. I'm really glad you're hear to make points like this.

Also, it's not misleading. She's talking about the numbers that are being put out there and how they're scaring people and how they're likely exaggerated. Obviously, they're being put out there by the media. Only a hack lawyer would make the point that she didn't specifically name the media to conclude the piece was misleading based on such a technicality.

Also, I have yet to quote a politician's estimates. I have cited a few experts, like John P.A. Ioannidis, co-director of Stanford University’s Meta-Research Innovation Center and professor of medicine, biomedical data science, statistics, and epidemiology and population health and recently in this thread Neil Ferguson, Epidemiologist at the Imperial College of London, who has been cited by the NYT who recently massively revised his estimates for coronavirus infections and deaths.

Edit: those massive revisions were downward - I know you only like to read headlines so I thought it important to include that last bit.

Last edited:
What are the restrictions there in AZ or the Phoenix area? I haven?t seen anything about it?

Public Schools are closed. Not sure about private. I know some colleges are moving classes to online. Churches, events, the freakin' Zoo (I was about to go there, dang). About normal with other states I guess.

They haven't ordered us to stay home that I'm aware of, no arrest if we go out. Just take precaution. But it changes daily.

Public Schools are closed. Not sure about private. I know some colleges are moving classes to online. Churches, events, the freakin' Zoo (I was about to go there, dang). About normal with other states I guess.

They haven't ordered us to stay home that I'm aware of, no arrest if we go out. Just take precaution. But it changes daily.

Cramming people together in jail as response to not social distancing seems a little counterintuitive.

Here's another data study by different professors of medicine at Stanford University who both show that estimated death rates of the novel coronavirus are likely "orders of magnitude too high" Do you understand how logarithms work? An order of magnitude means something is multiple times (usually 10x) bigger than the reference number.

So orders of magnitude, plural, would suggest the estimates are at lest 100x bigger than what they really are. According to the article, they're saying it's more like 2.5 orders of magnitude too high. They're also saying, based on data the US may be looking at a .01% death rate, that's an order of magnitude (1/10th for lawyers who went to retread law schools) less than the flue and more than two orders of magnitude less than your 3% number. now, I'm not saying these are the real numbers and neither are they, but they're definitely a fairly reliable source saying that we're probably being misled and overreacting by the stuff you're freaking out over.

Not sure if Dr. Bendavid and Dr. Bhattacharya are elected officials, but I did a quick Bing search and didn't find anything. I think my streak of not quoting any politicians or evangelical ministers and only quoting recognized experts is intact.

Last edited:
shocking isn't it?

Dr. Ray Casciari and Dr. Kelly Victory are also predicting it’s unlikely to be the catastrophe many believe.

We know The Daily Wire has a political perspective but no reason to think the scientists in the studies they cite do.

I would rather it turn out to be not as bad, and it has nothing to do with Trump being re-elected because as I’ve said incessantly, there are few things I give a shit about less.

Last edited:
Not sure I?m confident with the accuracy of this source.

First of all, the Wittmer is much prettier than she is being portrayed here.

Also, the Governor of New York is specifically pushing the use of these treatments - or at least as I understand it - substantially even more than the President.

it's been reported from multiple sources. It may be out of proper context perhaps not sure but that treatment has shown great promise Dr. Oz has been all over it, it's not acceptable that MI may prevent it until further studies while other states are not.

Not sure I?m confident with the accuracy of this source.

First of all, the Wittmer is much prettier than she is being portrayed here.

Also, the Governor of New York is specifically pushing the use of these treatments - or at least as I understand it - substantially even more than the President.

Republitards are just horny for Whitmer and trying to flirt.

Did you see Trump attacking her for no reason? dude is like one of those dorky teenagers who keeps teasing a girl and teasing a girl, but is too shy to make the next move.

Back