Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Turns out WE actually live in the "shithole country"

I do believe that wearing a mask did very little to prevent the person wearing it from getting covid. I do think that people that had covid and wore a mask was beneficial in helping to limit the spread to other people.

I also believe that the lockdowns weren't necessary and the entire thing was handled very poorly.

According to this review of of 78 studies, surgical masks only reduced the risk by 5%. N-95s, which are far less comfortable, restrict your breathing more were better but at only 30% effective (at best) it?s not at all clear that the reduction wasn?t outweighed by the costs.

You may be right about healthy vs infected and masks - this review didn?t make a distinction - at least not according to the article. I think the best way for someone with COVID to avoid spreading it was to stay home and isolate until you?re no longer contagious.

Last edited:
I do believe that wearing a mask did very little to prevent the person wearing it from getting covid. I do think that people that had covid and wore a mask was beneficial in helping to limit the spread to other people.

I also believe that the lockdowns weren't necessary and the entire thing was handled very poorly.

Wait, what?

People who tested positive for Covid were supposed to have stayed isolated until they tested negative twice in a row.

Test positive and go to the grocery store with a mask, and it?s okay?

JFC!

In not one single non-lockdown locality was that EVER considered acceptable.

According to this review of of 78 studies, surgical masks only reduced the risk by 5%. N-95s, which are far less comfortable, restrict your breathing more were better but at only 30% effective (at best) it?s not at all clear that the reduction wasn?t outweighed by the costs.

You may be right about healthy vs infected and masks - this review didn?t make a distinction - at least not according to the article. I think the best way for someone with COVID to avoid spreading it was to stay home and isolate until you?re no longer contagious.

Oh, dude?I just posted this after you did.

Wait, what?

People who tested positive for Covid were supposed to have stayed isolated until they tested negative twice in a row.

Test positive and go to the grocery store with a mask, and it?s okay?

JFC!

In not one single non-lockdown locality was that EVER considered acceptable.

That?s true but there were probably hundreds of thousands if not millions of asymptomatic infections - that?s likely what he?s referring to which I didn?t think about before I posted my response. Of course it would be impossible to test if masks were effective at preventing infected people from spreading the disease if nobody knows their infected. I think most people who knew they were infected stayed home.

Last edited:
That?s true but there were probably hundreds of thousands if not millions of asymptomatic infections - that?s likely what he?s referring to which I didn?t think about before I posted my response. Of course it would be impossible to test if masks were effective at preventing infected people from spreading the disease if nobody knows their infected. I think most people who knew they were infected stayed home.

I don?t know.

In context I assumed our friend TomDalton22 was talking about people who knew they were infected.

That said I?m a pretty big fan of TomDalton22.

Back