Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Turns out WE actually live in the "shithole country"

not to mention i was right in saying subtraction. Tinsle wanted to know the opportunity for new cases. In that example you would simply subtract the total population from the current new case number. Not sure why he would divide. No wonder why his data is always messed up.

if you subtract the total population from the new case numbers you would get a huge negative number (about -330M)

It sounds like you were trying to find the uninfected population. For that number you would subtract the total cases from the total population

not to mention i was right in saying subtraction. Tinsle wanted to know the opportunity for new cases. In that example you would simply subtract the total population from the current new case number. Not sure why he would divide. No wonder why his data is always messed up.

That question was never asked. This is about rates, which you'd probably get wrong as well since you have the subtraction backwards (would be about -60mm). Also, even if you got the math right, that's not the "opportunity." If you believe people who survive COVID can't get it again, it would be the population minus the TOTAL number of positive cases AND all the people who had it but never got a positive test, not the total population minus new cases. And if you're not sure if survivors are immune, the number no one asked for would be the total population.

Even if my data was messed up (it's not) at least it's relevant. You're answering questions no one is asking and doing it with utterly meaningless stats.

Last edited:
maybe you were at the dog park listening to parents who have been dealing with kids home from school since early March.

Maybe.

But that would be some apeshit level of stir crazy that would make Angelenos at a dog park spout right wing MAGA propaganda.

Like, parallel universe levels of ape shit stir crazy.

Parents at the dog park complaining they dont have time to teach their kids. Yup...id say thats proof we live in a shit hole right there.

First of all, that was a joke. I don't really think Tinsel was confusing the CDC with a conversation he overheard from a bunch of soccer moms - should have been pretty obvious.

Second, I would say this is another example of your "messed up data." Shithole countries are places where people live in cities with massive, sprawling ghettos of makeshift shelters cobbled together with ply wood and corrugated steel, they lack basic infrastructure like underground plumbing so they live with open sewers. They often lack other basic services like policing, functioning schools, etc. They have murder rates that are almost as high as Chicagos - higher even in some cases. Many children never go to a school or if they do, it's very different from what you probably experienced.

Mom's complaining that their kids aren't going to the schools their tax dollars built is the textbook definition of a first world problem, not a shithole.

Yup, I'd say your post is proof right there that you're an idiot.

Last edited:
Maybe.

But that would be some apeshit level of stir crazy that would make Angelenos at a dog park spout right wing MAGA propaganda.

Like, parallel universe levels of ape shit stir crazy.

I would think the dog park is a safe space where even left wing nutjobs would feel safe admitting their kids are driving them nuts.

And I would say this is another example of your "messed up data." Shithole countries are places where people live in cities with massive, sprawling ghettos of makeshift shelters cobbled together with ply wood and corrugated steel, they lack basic infrastructure like underground plumbing so they live with open sewers. They often lack other basic services like policing, functioning schools, etc. They have murder rates that are almost as high as Chicagos - higher even in some cases. Many children never go to a school or if they do, it's very different from what you probably experienced.

Mom's complaining that they're kids aren't going to the schools their tax dollars built is the textbook definition of a first world problem.

Yup, I'd say your post is proof right there that you're an idiot.

It's kind of funny...people complaining about our "Shithole" country and they use a person in a park dedicated for their pets in the example. My guess is real "shithole" countries probably don't even have nice public parks for humans. :lmao:

It's kind of funny...people complaining about our "Shithole" country and they use a person in a park dedicated for their pets in the example. My guess is real "shithole" countries probably don't even have nice public parks for humans. :lmao:

they're called sweatshops and they're way nicer than any dog park you've ever seen.

You?re funny.

I made a joke that in Italy, like New York, low new cases made sense because everyone is already either over it or dead.

Not that that?s far from true.

Guess that went over your head.

My calculations were all obviously percentages which, by definition, are always calculated through multiplication or division and never through subtraction - I guess if you already have 100 as the denominator, you could use subtraction.

Percentage definition

Don?t know how you could have possibly interpreted them as calculating the opportunity
for new cases - obviously, anybody who doesn?t have it and isn?t dead presents an opportunity for a new case.

And you talk about my intellectual acuity, for the love of God.

What a joke.

I would think the dog park is a safe space where even left wing nutjobs would feel safe admitting their kids are driving them nuts.

Oh yeah they do that.

I?ve heard famous actors doing that.

It would be out of school to say who they are.

That question was never asked. This is about rates, which you'd probably get wrong as well since you have the subtraction backwards (would be about -60mm). Also, even if you got the math right, that's not the "opportunity." If you believe people who survive COVID can't get it again, it would be the population minus the TOTAL number of positive cases AND all the people who had it but never got a positive test, not the total population minus new cases. And if you're not sure if survivors are immune, the number no one asked for would be the total population.

Even if my data was messed up (it's not) at least it's relevant. You're answering questions no one is asking and doing it with utterly meaningless stats.

Yes...yes it was. Copied and pasted below since you have such a hard time reading for yourself. Here's 3 serperate paragraphs where he insinuating that Italys new case rate is low because theres no one else left to get it. Appraently he was joking. a 3 paragraph joke...fucking hillarious.

"It makes sense that new infections are low, much for the same reason that it makes sense that new infections are low in the state of New York.

There?s really nobody left to infect.

Everybody has either had it and recovered from it or died."

Yes...yes it was. Copied and pasted below since you have such a hard time reading for yourself. Here's 3 serperate paragraphs where he insinuating that Italys new case rate is low because theres no one else left to get it. Appraently he was joking. a 3 paragraph joke...fucking hillarious.

"It makes sense that new infections are low, much for the same reason that it makes sense that new infections are low in the state of New York.

There?s really nobody left to infect.

Nice.

Yeah, I think that?s funny.

I have to admit though, I think I might?ve stolen that joke from Ben Shapiro

I think he made that joke about New York..

Also separating sentences with a space doesn?t make those sentences paragraphs.

That?s not what the paragraph is.

Separating sentences is a style of composition that could be referred to as ?bullet points? or ?memorandum? style

It?s to benefit people with low reading comprehension.

There’s really nobody left to infect.

that's a statement, not a question. And it was most likely hyperbole.

Last edited:

and that person in the park is wearing $500 worth of LuLu Lemon clothes and $200 Nikes, walking a dog that eats better than everyone in Haiti and is walked on a designer collar and leash that costs more than a Chinese laborer makes in a month. Welcome to Hughes' shithole.

Last edited:
maybe you were at the dog park listening to parents who have been dealing with kids home from school since early March.

"Fuck that underpaid teacher's health, I miss my morning Starbucks and mailman dicking."

Yes, I could see that.

What do you call an Ethiopian with a dog?

A vegetarian.

What do you call an Ethiopian with two dogs?

A rancher.

I don't know what that distinction might be. I think you 'corrected' mhughes with a distinction that doesn't exist.

I said it was division, not subtraction. That was the distinction and I'm pretty sure it exists, but maybe you should ask the computer.

I said it was division, not subtraction. That was the distinction and I'm pretty sure it exists, but maybe you should ask the computer.

You should go see if you can pass that test Trump is so proud of acing.

You should go see if you can pass that test Trump is so proud of acing.

Is it the one that asks of there is a distinction between short and long division? If it is we should both take it and compare scores - no asking the computer!

Last edited:
How shithole countries operate - a case study:
Email correspondence and interviews with more than a dozen state and local officials in Utah show that the health of the state?s businesses was prioritized over the health of the public, as officials stopped slowing the spread of the virus and instead calculated how many sick people its health system could bear.

And ignored how many would die...?

it's still shocking - even for cynics like me - to see how elected officials have openly expressed a total lack of concern for American lives... these are people who in theory should be accountable to voters, and they're perfectly comfortable publicly telling people to go die; they are willing to feed bodies into "the machine" to keep the gears greased.
With key health experts cut out of the decision-making process, including the state epidemiologist and local officials who were stripped of their ability to issue their own restrictions, the governor and the commission quickly swept aside restrictions meant to slow the virus?s advance in Utah. You can now hold indoor events with up to 3,000 people and outdoor events with up to 6,000. You can drink at bars, eat in restaurants and go to the movies.
And in Utah, infections are rising. The percentage of tests that come back positive is at 10% as of July 13, compared with 3% to 5% in April. On July 14, the state reported its highest number of deaths on a single day since the pandemic began. Since late May, the seven-day average of daily case counts statewide has quadrupled.

Utah?s story is mirrored in states across the country, where leaders sidelined public health experts and forged ahead without meeting criteria scientists say are necessary to reopen.

by ignoring COVID-19, they're not helping "the economy," they're destroying it.

This is a totally dysfunctional, corrupted political system.

Back