Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

USC, UCLA May Join B1G

If they do this why not just go up to 20 teams ? Go get Stanford, Oregon,Washington, and and Utah.

My four team pods. I have know idea how scheduling will work or championship would be decided

Michigan
Michigan st
Indiana
Purdue

Ohio state
Penn state
Rutgers
Maryland

Illinois
Northwestern
Wisconsin
Iowa

Minnesota
Nebraska
Colorado/Missouri/ insert any decent middle mapped team
Utah

Washington
Usc
Ucla
Oregon

Last edited:
Espn

USC, UCLA planning move from Pac-12 to Big Ten as early as 2024,

USC and UCLA, two of the Pac-12's flagship programs, are planning to leave the conference for the Big Ten as early as 2024, and a move is considered imminent, sources confirmed to ESPN on Thursday.

There is still a formal notification process, as the two schools have to let the Pac-12 know their intentions to leave. USC and UCLA also have to formally apply to the Big Ten. According to a source, that process is underway.

Multiple sources told ESPN on Thursday that the move is expected to happen. A source called the next steps "formalities," and an announcement could come within the next 24 hours.

A source said that the exploration of finances and what it would take to make the move has been going on for weeks. While finances are playing a big role in the move, competitiveness, brand and the overall landscape of the future of the sport have played a bigger role.

"USC and UCLA have to make the decisions to position them best for the long term," a source familiar with the move told ESPN. "The future is so uncertain we need to be operating from a position of strength."

The Mercury News first reported the news of USC's and UCLA's planned departures.

The reason this move would be less disruptive than potential moves in the ACC is that USC and UCLA have a grant of rights tied to the current Pac-12 television contract, which expires after the 2023 football season and 2023-24 school year. That's why the expectation is that both schools can go to the league for the 2024-25 season and not suffer any financial penalty.

Pac-12 officials had been nudging both Los Angeles schools for years to extend the grant of rights. The fact that they didn't hinted that they had greater ambition.

"We just got Sooner'd and Horn'd," a high-ranking university official at one of the Pac-12 schools told ESPN, referring to the decision made last year by Texas and Oklahoma to leave the Big 12 conference for the SEC.

The financial pressures being felt by the Pac-12 are similar to those being felt in the ACC and beyond, as conference revenue projections -- which can vary and are not always linear -- have the SEC and Big Ten making nearly double the amount of some of the other Power 5 leagues later this decade. Those financial pressures left USC and UCLA with the choice of bullying the Pac-12 for unequal revenue shares or going elsewhere and having a seat at the table for the long term. The impact of the finances will allow them to not only stay competitive nationally in football but also sustain the support for all of the sports, including women's sports and non-revenue sports.

"With Texas and Oklahoma going to the SEC, it became evident for those schools that there was only one option," said the source familiar with the move.

It will be interesting to see how this will affect Fox's upcoming television deal with the Big Ten, which is expected to be announced in the upcoming weeks. The addition of the two schools would bring in both the West Coast and one of the country's most appealing media markets.

The move is gutting for the future of the Pac-12, as Fox's added investment in UCLA and USC inventory in the Big Ten means that investments in the Pac-12, which Fox has long owned part of, will be decreased significantly. This move leaves the conference with Oregon and Washington as its top schools after losing the two biggest brand names.

"I was always of the opinion that UCLA couldn't leave Cal," a Pac-12 source told ESPN. "There's no more political state than that or system than that. That was very surprising."

Pac-12 commissioner George Kliavkoff was not immediately available for comment.

Last edited:
According to 97.1 Nebraska had lost its AAU accreditation and the big ten isn?t happy about it. Not sure why it?s a big deal it was years ago.

Three or four super conferences are about to form. Former pac 12 teams or big 12 could end up together. Big ten is going to 20 teams . Kick Nebraska out. Pick up Washington, Oregon,Stanford, Utah , and maybe California. Along with usc and ucla. Or keep Nebraska and forget California.

Big 12 picks up Arizona, asu. Washington st, Oregon st, and Colorado.

Last edited:
My guess is they would stay together and play in the west. They would have to send a team to the east, maybe Indiana.

I don?t think so.

I think one should be in the East Conference and one should be in the West Conference.

Why let a B1G power grab from the west coast fuck up the balance of power we already have in the conference?

Do we have no pride?

I don?t think so.

I think one should be in the East Conference and one should be in the West Conference.

Why let a B1G power grab from the west coast fuck up the balance of power we already have in the conference?

Do we have no pride?

Aren't they rivals? Can you split them up.. As of now the W blows, this helps. It should.

My guess is they would stay together and play in the west. They would have to send a team to the east, maybe Indiana.

That?s too simple. And it makes too much sense.

And it would suddenly create a rivalry out of whole cloth from the USC v UCLA game a regular season ending rivalry game that could be tied in marketing wise with the Ohio State v Michigan rivalry as a major television event, which has never been allowed to happen ever in the history of televised sports ever.

Aren't they rivals? Can you split them up.. As of now the W blows, this helps. It should.

Yeah, no.

They?re not rivals.

Not at all.

I don?t think they?ve even ever played each other.

Not even once.

See my last post.

I think it?s a huge conspiracy theory to make it LOOK like they?re rivals.

Just to promote the Ohio State v Michigan game - as a way of USC and UCLA trying to glam onto the glory of the B1G.

Don?t be surprised if you start seeing ?images? of USC v UCLA ?rivalry? games (that never really happened) suddenly appearing on the ?internet.?

EDIT: Look - it?s already starting to happen.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5qMzVNKp2tw

Last edited:
Very weird posts today, Tin.

Wait, what?

?Weird? as opposed to what other day?

And that being said, what about today wasn?t weird?

So you?re saying the weirdest board poster was reacting to the weirdest day ever weirdly?

Wouldn?t that be the literal description of normal?

Yeah, no.

They?re not rivals.

Not at all.

Not even once.

See my last post.

Just to promote the Ohio State v Michigan game - as a way of USC and UCLA trying to glam onto the glory of the B1G.

Don?t be surprised if you start seeing ?images? of USC v UCLA ?rivalry? games (that never really happened) suddenly appearing on the ?internet.?

Just you wait - the money grubbing national media that will be complicit in the conspiracy that there ever was a UCLA v USC ?rivalry? will start insisting that there really, truly was a time when USC was ever really called ?Southern Cal.?

Wait, what?

?Weird? as opposed to what other day?

And that being said, what about today wasn?t weird?

So you?re saying the weirdest board poster was reacting to the weirdest day ever weirdly?

Wouldn?t that be the literal description of normal?

You upped your game.

Yeah, no.

They?re not rivals.

Not at all.

Not even once.

See my last post.

Just you wait - the money grubbing national media that will be complicit in the conspiracy that there ever was a UCLA v USC ?rivalry? will start insisting that there really, truly was a time when USC was ever really called ?Southern Cal.?

Oh, Crap.

I resent this again.

Last edited:

Oh, Crap.

I resent this again.

That was pre killing spree.

That was pre killing spree.

I know, right?

But I have to thank you and congratulations you - YOU upped the game.

When you asked ?aren?t they (USC v UCLA) a rivalry already??

GEICO could make that a $billion marketing idea to sponsor the soon to be more than mega rich B1G.

?Did you know that fifteen minutes could save you up to 15% with GEICO??

?Did you know that UCLA and USC were rivals before they joined the B1G??

?Did you know that Jack and Jill went up the hill to fetch a pale of water??

?Do you know what happened when Harry Met Sally??

?Has anyone ever asked you to let them tell you the story about Jack and Diane??

You?ll get the creative credit and I?ll sell the concept.

We?ll settle with the money more comfortably in the southwestern United States than most people have in the history of humanity.

Not that we are not pretty much already doing that anyway.

Back