Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Verlander Triple Crown Watch

Justin Verlander wins the AL Triple Crown for pitching.

Weaver done for season. Justin Verlander wins AL pitching Triple Crown. Kershaw won in NL. 1st time since 1924 dual pitching Triple Crowns kershaw nl.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/pitching/_/league/al/order/false
Verlander leads the AL in Wins, Strikeouts, ERA, Innings Pitched, WHIP, Pitches total, Component ERA, BAA batting average against, batter OBP, batter Slugging, and batter OPS.

I watched Chariots of Fire yesterday. Reminded me of JV and Miggy. Abraham's track coach tells the manager of Eric Lidell to take good care of him, because he will probably never see another like him. I am thankful that I live in a country where capitalist pizza moguls may actuallly entertain me with two magnificent teams, in little over a quarter century. I fully expect to see another team like this again however. Like NEXT YEAR!

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]http://detroit.tigers.mlb.com/news/artic....k_d et&c_id=det
Justin Verlander wraps up AL pitching Triple Crown.
from the Tigers official site

I just seen that Weaver was pulled, congrats to JV.

Jeff Weaver has indeed been scratched. MLB.com has Garrett Richards as the probable. Justin Verlander has won the Triple Crown!

24-5, 2.40 ERA, 250 ks.

Congrats to JV, Weaver is a little bitch. Just like him to duck the last game.

jdbaker1 said:
Congrats to JV, Weaver is a little bitch. Just like him to duck the last game.
while i do think he's a whiny little bitch, it was sciocia that pulled him because he'd be on 3 days rest otherwise and theyre eliminated. same reason santana didnt pitch last night.

Back