Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Welcome!

Who is your favorite football team?

1. Green Bay (no mod)

2. Detroit (mod possibilities)

Spockmaster said:
aww, how come im not a mod? lol

why would you want to be a mod when you're already Captain Picard? lol

thanks for the board monster. i hope many of the posters from espn come here, and that KC might continue his team notes thread here

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
Spockmaster said:
aww, how come im not a mod? lol

why would you want to be a mod when you're already Captain Picard? lol
you make a good point
tongue.png

gowings2004 said:
thanks for the board monster. i hope many of the posters from espn come here, and that KC might continue his team notes thread here

Gowings, and everyone,
Since the news came out over at espn, I decided to go back to early season 2011 and copy and save key Tigers news stories, to have been put at the new boards. With over 1500 pages back to July 2008, it would have made impossible and really no sense to add it all, just too much work and stories to go through, one season seemed like the best choice.
The way they are set up, is in all likelihood going to make it impossible to do over there. ( No Pages, replies, views, etc ).
I am still saving Tigers news, a couple of threads, and will start a Tigers team notes and Tigers minor leagues threads here on or around August 15.
I knew Detroit teams posters enjoyed it for the most part. Every so often a poster would post in it to say "thanks, and this is great". A few times posters/troll variety would say "get a life".
I hope more posters from the Tigers, Lions, RedWings, Pistons boards will join here. We will all wait and see how things shake out after the change over there.
Lastly, there don't seem to be any filter that block out a few sites I post Tigers news stories to. Hardball Times for one, and any of the Tigers sites with the word blogspot, or in reference to a players stats from Baseball Reference the letters pos which we all know stands for something else, but in the links is meant for position.

Regardless what happens any news you bring over here will be much appreciated. Thanks..

I am a long time, multiyear lurker on the espn boards, thanks for making this available!

ChrisintheD said:
I am a long time, multiyear lurker on the espn boards, thanks for making this available!

cool man. welcome, but i hope you post here too.

I am kalinesboy.......a little brudder to the Titan Kaline Country. Suffice to say I apreciate having a fair land to refugee to from the ESPN board bogs. Now if I could just find a smiley to finish this post with........

kalinesboy said:
I am kalinesboy.......a little brudder to the Titan Kaline Country. Suffice to say I apreciate having a fair land to refugee to from the ESPN board bogs. Now if I could just find a smiley to finish this post with........

lol welcome man. as for the karma thing, it's not a big deal. basically you give reputation to people that deserve it or take it away if the post is stupid or unnecessary. You don't have to do it, but there are a few on here that have asked for it.

ChrisintheD said:

Also a long time lurker of the ESPN boards, Looking forward to being an active poster on this board, seems that the robust level on this site is just right. Cheers!

I've been over here a few days...thanks again Monster for giving us a place to come to. There was an exodus like this on the NHL general board over at ESPN, and that board is doing really well. We have the core guys here already, I think this board will be a good spot for the foreseeable future.

Also, WTF is up with jz over there? Did he not get an invite or something? He's got his panties in a serious bunch.

He's lonely is my guess. He's pumping out the new forum and gets upset that many of us decided to get away from ESPN 2.

Hey guys, good to see everyone on here and thanks for the invite KC. Lets see the Tigers win a pennant!

Thanks for the link to this site. Seems like what everyone liked about the ESPN board.

Back