Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Welp, We're Going To Need A New HC

Well, it?s about time. He really never wanted to be at Michigan. Always looked lost, dazed, and confused.

I honestly think this has everything to do with UM not embracing NIL as intensely as possible. Harbaugh knows that will b required to compete and after having to take a pay cut due to not winning, he is making a move that no one should criticize. The criticism should be on UM's NIL policies.

I so agree with Z. I just don?t get Michigan. The biggest Alumni base and yet we don?t want to use the new NIL to help get the top players to Michigan.

I so agree with Z. I just don?t get Michigan. The biggest Alumni base and yet we don?t want to use the new NIL to help get the top players to Michigan.

You mean like that QB who dropped out of HS to go to OSU for NIL, doesn't play, transfers to another school and gets more NIL. NIL is a racket.

You mean like that QB who dropped out of HS to go to OSU for NIL, doesn't play, transfers to another school and gets more NIL. NIL is a racket.

I know, right?

As opposed to college revenue sports (football and basketball), which before the NIL was a Buddhist monastery.

Also ?that QB who dropped out of high school? probably ain?t gettin? a lot of NIL gear sold.

?Can I help you??

?Yes, I?d like to purchase all the NIL gear you have for sale pertaining to that QB who dropped out of high school to go to OSU for NIL and didn?t play, only to transfer here, wherever here is, to get more NIL.?

A couple of stories out there about Will Johnson exploring his options if Jim leaves. Fuckin awesome, Jim.

I understand having a desire to move up. I even understand having a desire to try to win a super bowl. I just don't understand why he would or would be allowed to fuck the program over the way this has the potential to.

at this point... I'm going to avoid speculating until we know what went down in the contract negotiations between Harbaugh and the AD.

That may be the case but that doesn't change the fact that some schools seem better at it then Others.

The optics of Jim interviewing With Minnesota and not getting an offer would be embarrassing for the University of Michigan. He comes back to the school with his tail between his legs not getting an NFL job that he clearly wants. This is deplorable by Jim as he is leaving his assistant coaches hung out to dry right now. For his camp to claim that Jim was embarrassed that he had to take a pay cut and then turned around and gave all his bonus money to the University is laughable. I'm over a coach who was 1-6 against osu 3-4 against
Msu.. I hope the vikings sign him.

Time to find a coach who wants to be at Michigan.

Last edited:
While I am generally dismissive of the idea that coaching football is rocket science, or even complicated or difficult, I still don't think it would be wise to hire someone who has never coached before as our head football coach.

While I am generally dismissive of the idea that coaching football is rocket science, or even complicated or difficult, I still don't think it would be wise to hire someone who has never coached before as our head football coach.

I would usually agree with that for anyone but Tom Brady. He's called more offensive plays, installed more game plans and been responsible for more in-game adjustments than our current staff combined. Recruiting would work itself out if Tom Brady is the one sitting in living rooms.

Back