Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Welp, We're Going To Need A New HC

Reports coming out that Jim will return to Michigan for 2022 and has notified the school as such.

Harbaugh told athletic director Warde Manuel that entertaining interest from the NFL will not be a re-occurring issue in the future, and that he'll stay at Michigan as long as it wants him, Schefter reports.

I've seen several people say that schefter reported the part about him saying that he won't be pursuing the NFL in the future but it is not in Schefter's story on ESPN.

New thread title needed lol. For the continuity of the program I am glad to hear this news that he will be back for next season. I am keen to see if he can repeat some of the great accomplishments from last season, or if they were more of a blip on his resume.

once the news he's staying is confirmed, somebody better go check on the msu fans. make sure they're okay.

once the news he's staying is confirmed, somebody better go check on the msu fans. make sure they're okay.

I'm elated that he's coming back to Michigan. I was worried you'd hire a great coach who would win big games (plural)

If he's staying they seriously need to get an extension announced asap. Something to show there's a real commitment to the program. They need to salvage as much as possible after the past month tanked all of the equity from the previous season.

Good. Now lets build an NIL money cannon. And a super-pac to get our recruits' parents elected to local government positions.

New title of the thread should be "Welp, We're NOT Going To Need A New HC".

Those who stay........
.....didn't get a job offer

https://theathletic.com/3108906/202...gs-coaching-search?source=user-shared-article

From a Vikings writer

He left Ann Arbor believing he was not coming back, and as the process got rolling, it started to look like he would be in Minnesota to stay.

But the Vikings had some hard questions to ask. They wanted to know more about his style and ability to work with others. They wanted to know more about how things ended with the 49ers. They wanted to hear his vision for leading this team back to the Super Bowl for the first time since 1977.

Sometime around 3 p.m., for reasons that are not exactly clear, things started to take a left turn. The tenor started to change, and if there was any momentum at Harbaugh?s back as he tried to secure the job, it disappeared.

Shortly before 6:30 p.m. CT, ESPN first reported that Harbaugh called Michigan athletic director Warde Manuel to tell him he was coming back to the Wolverines for the 2022 season and beyond

I'm glad he's not leaving! We just beat the tar out of a great OSU team, won a Big Ten championship, and made the CFP playoff, in a year we were picked to finish 3rd or worse in our division. We started the season unranked, for heaven's sakes, and are the first and only team to do that, and make the playoff. Holy Shit!

I said this when they hired him. He is better suited for coaching college kids. His style will wear on professional athletes, as was the case in SF. Elite college football players only have to put up with him for 3 or 4 years.

I'm not sure if UM football is "back" but they certainly had a great year. Let's see if he can repeat that success.

I said this when they hired him. He is better suited for coaching college kids. His style will wear on professional athletes, as was the case in SF. Elite college football players only have to put up with him for 3 or 4 years.

I'm not sure if UM football is "back" but they certainly had a great year. Let's see if he can repeat that success.

Be pretty hard after losing your DC and all the stars from that d.

Be pretty hard after losing your DC and all the stars from that d.

The Offense is loaded with talent.. They need to carry the team until the defense can find its legs. With the schedule they have they better win 10+ games. I am sure they will finish ahead of Msu in the East just like last season G. Wink, wink ?? but then neither Msu and Michigan have a tough non conference schedule. Hopefully Michigan will defend its big ten title because as you know Michigan was the 2021 Big ten champions.

Last edited:
https://theathletic.com/3108906/202...gs-coaching-search?source=user-shared-article

From a Vikings writer

He left Ann Arbor believing he was not coming back, and as the process got rolling, it started to look like he would be in Minnesota to stay.

But the Vikings had some hard questions to ask. They wanted to know more about his style and ability to work with others. They wanted to know more about how things ended with the 49ers. They wanted to hear his vision for leading this team back to the Super Bowl for the first time since 1977.

Sometime around 3 p.m., for reasons that are not exactly clear, things started to take a left turn. The tenor started to change, and if there was any momentum at Harbaugh?s back as he tried to secure the job, it disappeared.

Shortly before 6:30 p.m. CT, ESPN first reported that Harbaugh called Michigan athletic director Warde Manuel to tell him he was coming back to the Wolverines for the 2022 season and beyond
I can see this. After the 'not feelin' the love' interview with Dave Brandon that didn't result in him coming back to Michigan earlier, I can definitely see an interview turning south.

Back