Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

What to do with Stafford

You can't rank QB's other than what he does. You can't rank them because they have a bad defense, or injury etc. Or else maybe all the other QB's are ranked wrong. Maybe Dalton is elite, maybe Harrington was elite, Rodney Peete?

You can't rank QB's other than what he does. You can't rank them because they have a bad defense, or injury etc. Or else maybe all the other QB's are ranked wrong. Maybe Dalton is elite, maybe Harrington was elite, Rodney Peete?

You have to take all factors into consideration if you are smart. Are you smart enough to do that? Do you understand things that affect QB play?

Do you understand if its 3rd and long because run game sucks is harder on a QB to complete a pass or extend the drive

Do you understand drops hurt QB rating

Do you understand pressure can cause incompletions and picks, as can bad routes, off WRs hands

Think before you speak

You have to take all factors into consideration if you are smart. Are you smart enough to do that? Do you understand things that affect QB play?

Do you understand if its 3rd and long because run game sucks is harder on a QB to complete a pass or extend the drive

Do you understand drops hurt QB rating

Do you understand pressure can cause incompletions and picks, as can bad routes, off WRs hands

Think before you speak

The rating is a directional measure of what he is. Over a looooong period of time it paints him as average. Part of this is because theres no part of his game that lends to a higher rating. Historically hes not a high comp % guy. Hes not a creator. He doesnt do well when the pocket collapses to extend plays. His first instinct is to duck....which is the weirdest thing ive seen from a qb in the history of the NFL. And thats not something he does once or twice a year...literally EVERY time he feels pressure he puts his head down and ducks lol. Its very odd.

Hes a great pocket passer. I will reiterate...GREAT pocket passer. When the pocket is clean. When he has talent around him. When he doesnt have to create. When he doesnt have to move off his spot. Unfortunately, no oline is built to sustain that for 4 qtrs.

Last edited:
The rating is a directional measure of what he is. Over a looooong period of time it paints him as average. Part of this is because theres no part of his game that lends to a higher rating. Historically hes not a high comp % guy. Hes not a creator. He doesnt do well when the pocket collapses to extend plays. His first instinct is to duck....which is the weirdest thing ive seen from a qb in the history of the NFL. And thats not something he does once or twice a year...literally EVERY time he feels pressure he puts his head down and ducks lol. Its very odd.

Hes a great pocket passer. I will reiterate...GREAT pocket passer. When the pocket is clean. When he has talent around him. When he doesnt have to create. When he doesnt have to move off his spot. Unfortunately, no oline is built to sustain that for 4 qtrs.

You could say that almost about everyone. Give me perfect talent, lots of time and players can compete passes.

To be fair I think Matt very well could be in a Ryan tannehill situation. He has had garbage organization most of his career. I think if he went to a good one he would have a similar numbers hike.

To be fair I think Matt very well could be in a Ryan tannehill situation. He has had garbage organization most of his career. I think if he went to a good one he would have a similar numbers hike.

He's had an AJ Brown type most of his career. We would never have a RB like Henry because Patty insisted on a 2-3 back system. But their offense isn't super stud or anything. One of those years Tannehill had less than 3000 yards. Not a full season but still. We need to build the D and you can win with a Dalton type, or Winston.

Last edited:
He's had an AJ Brown type most of his career. We would never have a RB like Henry because Patty insisted on a 2-3 back system. But their offense isn't super stud or anything. One of those years Tannehill had less than 3000 yards. Not a full season but still. We need to build the D and you can win with a Dalton type, or Winston.

theres not a single thing Swift cant do that Kamara does. We chose not to use him correctly. Thats on Bevell and Stafford. 4.6 ypc average and we dont use the guy. Its mind boggling.

Qb rating is very team dependent. Fact

Swift got hurt too. They used him plenty as runner and receiver. Swift isnt a workhorse like kamara

Qb rating is very team dependent. Fact

Swift got hurt too. They used him plenty as runner and receiver. Swift isnt a workhorse like kamara

Kamara isnt a work horse. He carries the ball 10 times a game and only had 2 games over 100 yds rushing this year. Man, youre just on a roll of being wrong today. Didnt eat your wheaties.....

Last edited:
Bad news for Stafford #1 when asked about staffords status holmes' answer was "hes a great player." lol

Bad news for Stafford #2 its being reporting we interviewed ravens QB coach James Urban for OC. Hes coached Vick, Mcnabb and Lamar.

Could mean Trey Lance is in play???

Kamara isnt a work horse. He carries the ball 10 times a game and only had 2 games over 100 yds rushing this year. Man, youre just on a roll of being wrong today. Didnt eat your wheaties.....

So swift shouldnt be getting all those carries then too. Kamara doesnt either i guess. You lost this round

Bad news for Stafford #1 when asked about staffords status holmes' answer was "hes a great player." lol

Bad news for Stafford #2 its being reporting we interviewed ravens QB coach James Urban for OC. Hes coached Vick, Mcnabb and Lamar.

Could mean Trey Lance is in play???

The best news about that or at least the 2nd best news is Bevell isn't a lock to stay..

But he got more than Swift and catches 80 balls a year.

Kamara played more games and isnt a rookie

Swift is good, he started slow then they gave him more and more. Missed 3 games then more and more. He will be a weapon. That will help run game but is far from enough. Need a 2nd back and better run blocking

Lions 30th run game. Fact. Swift still good. Fact

Kamara played more games and isnt a rookie

Swift is good, he started slow then they gave him more and more. Missed 3 games then more and more. He will be a weapon. That will help run game but is far from enough. Need a 2nd back and better run blocking

Lions 30th run game. Fact. Swift still good. Fact

I know he's good not arguing that. Just used him wrong.

What to do with Stafford is easy. Get a time machine and go back to the end of last year and fire Quintricia. Bring in a new GM that trades Stafford before his body completely breaks down and pick up some extra high picks. Draft for the future and tank the season and take Trevor Lawrence first overall this year.

Stafford and our #7 for DeShawn. Sounds more tempting if you say Stafford and Fields/Wilson/Lance. Solves their immediate and future QB concern.

Stafford and our #7 for DeShawn. Sounds more tempting if you say Stafford and Fields/Wilson/Lance. Solves their immediate and future QB concern.

That would be a dream scenario. Only problem, Watson has a no trade clause. He wouldn?t agree to come to Detroit.

That would be a dream scenario. Only problem, Watson has a no trade clause. He wouldn?t agree to come to Detroit.

The Texans are expecting three 1st round picks minimum. His choice might be between a team like the Lions or going back to Houston. I agree it's a long shot, but maybe Holmes will come out swinging.

The Texans are expecting three 1st round picks minimum. His choice might be between a team like the Lions or going back to Houston. I agree it's a long shot, but maybe Holmes will come out swinging.

Teams that are in win now mode should look into that deal... like SF. Not detroit.

Back