Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Wide spread election fraud 2020

When was that ever an issue? Or are you making up more nonsense?

from the beginning. Do you think it never did or would happen? Where's the evidence for that? Or do you think you need to wait until a few kids are abused, raped or killed in a detention center to recognize that it's a potentially dangerous situation? In that case, how many kids would need to be hurt before it's an issue?

from the beginning or do you think you need to wait until a few kids are abused, raped or killed in a detention center to recognize that it's a potentially dangerous situation? how many kids would need to be hurt before it's an issue?

well, plenty of stories have trickled out of the government of ICE agents abusing kids anyway

and I guess you're ignoring the traumatic experience to a young kid of being separated from your parents and kept in a cage, but maybe you don't consider them to be human or something. that wouldn't surprise me.

we'll see if Biden eliminates the practice, or declares like Obama did after Bush that "we need to look forward not back" and normalizes and continues all the lawless unconstitutional behavior of his predecessor. (hell ICE itself should be abolished, and those guys should have to go get real jobs)

from the beginning. Do you think it never did or would happen? Where's the evidence for that? Or do you think you need to wait until a few kids are abused, raped or killed in a detention center to recognize that it's a potentially dangerous situation? In that case, how many kids would need to be hurt before it's an issue?
That's not always the issue. Obviously you make your best effort to do what you have to in those situations. But this policy included expanding separations to situations where that wasn't the case. Which has been spelt out so clearly here there is no possible way you don't understand that.

Last edited:
The Biden administration is already weaseling out of the promise of getting $2000 checks in everyone's (eligible) hands if the Dems won in GA.

I don't think that's correct - my understanding is the $1.9T package being proposed includes pmts to individuals that when added to the pmts in the recently passed stimulus gets them to the $2k number.

Last edited:
That's not always the issue. Obviously you make your best effort to do what you have to in those situations. But this policy included expanding separations to situations where that wasn't the case. Which has been spelt out so clearly here there is no possible way you don't understand that.

one of us isn't understanding it - you can't make exceptions where you don't have the facilities to accommodate those exceptions nor is it the government's responsibility to build those facilities and it's completely unreasonable to expect them to be built immediately or for the country to wait until they are built to enforce the law and secure the border. again, if you break the law and are detained, you get separated from your children - that's no different than any citizen being detained for breaking any other law.

Last edited:
one of us isn't understanding it - you can't make exceptions where you don't have the facilities to accommodate those exceptions nor is it the government's responsibility to build those facilities and it's completely unreasonable to expect them to be built immediately or for the country to wait until they are built to enforce the law and secure the border. again, if you break the law and are detained, you get separated from your children - that's no different than any other citizen being detained for breaking any other law.
How do you think it was before and after the policy was in place?

On the spectrum of Trump supporters, you expect to find people that flat out support him and people that support him but at least complain about the terrible crap that makes it difficult for them to support him, but what do you make of a person that claims to not be a fan of Trump, but defends his worst polices?

On the spectrum of Trump supporters, you expect to find people that flat out support him and people that support him but at least complain about the terrible crap that makes it difficult for them to support him, but what do you make of a person that claims to not be a fan of Trump, but defends his worst polices?

I was for securing the border and enforcing the law long before Trump was President. And I reject the idea that what Obama did with family separation was somehow all about protecting the children, but that policy suddenly becomes immoral because you don't like Trump and he actually decided to enforce the law.

This is just bullshit moral posturing - you don't have the high ground you think you do, but I'm sure you'll keep going for page after page about how it was different under trump and if you're for securing the border, you're in an untenable morally bankrupt position...blah, blah, blah.

Last edited:
I was for securing the border and enforcing the law long before Trump was President. And I reject the idea that what Obama did with family separation was somehow all about protecting the children, but that policy suddenly becomes immoral because you don't like Trump and he actually decided to enforce the law.

This is just bullshit moral posturing - you don't have the high ground you think you do, but I'm sure you'll keep going for page after page about how it was different under trump and if you're for securing the border, you're in an untenable morally bankrupt position...blah, blah, blah.
Nope. Not what I've said. Maybe you're trying to convince yourself.

Nope. Not what I've said. Maybe you're trying to convince yourself.

nope. It's bullshit moral posturing. If you break the law and are detained, you get separated from you children - that's for the safety of the children and it should be a significant deterrent to people considering breaking the law. There no special exemption, nor should there be one for non-citizens who break the law by illegally crossing the border. You can criticize the execution of the policy, but the policy itself is not immoral.

Last edited:
I don't think that's correct - my understanding is the $1.9T package being proposed includes pmts to individuals that when added to the pmts in the recently passed stimulus gets them to the $2k number.

you don't think? or you know?

Trump is such a spineless pussy. He is such a disgrace...pretty much leaving in the middle of the night like a petulant child. Good riddance!

Trump is such a spineless pussy. He is such a disgrace...pretty much leaving in the middle of the night like a petulant child. Good riddance!

0800 is not the "middle of the night."

He stated in advance of his intentions.

John Adams, John Quincy Adams, Martin Van Buren, and Andrew Johnson are the other four presidents to skip the inauguration, all but Van Buren's with contention.

I can't imagine he'd have been welcome anyway.

John Adams, John Quincy Adams, Martin Van Buren, and Andrew Johnson are the other four presidents to skip the inauguration, all but Van Buren's with contention.

ok...I got the time wrong. The rest was spot on.

There is no mandate for a former president to be present at the successor's inauguration. Probably to account for extra-ordinary occasions such as these.

probably...those extra-ordinary occasions like the outgoing President in the process of his second impeachment for inciting an insurrection. :clap:

So what was Van Buren?s deal? Did he have a hair appointment, or something?

Or was it the weather? - it was bad that day - one could?a caught their death o? cold, I hear...

probably...those extra-ordinary occasions like the outgoing President in the process of his second impeachment forinciting an insurrection. :clap:

Yeah, well, that's not really what happened, but there's not much use in discussing it.

So what was Van Buren?s deal? Did he have a hair appointment, or something?

Or was it the weather? - it was bad that day - one could?a caught their death o? cold, I hear...

Van Buren was Dutch... William Henry Harrison didn't want a non-WASP at the inauguration.

Back