Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Will Smith at the Oscars

I didn't think it was possible to have a lower opinion of Hollywood or our American "culture" than I already did, but then last night I was too tired to leave the couch when someone put the Oscars on TV.

I didn't watch much of it. I was looking at my phone, drinking beer.

I didn't see the slap. We saw Will Smith winning an award and were like "what the fuck is he crying and babbling about?"

I was like "What a stupid asshole."

We learned about the slap later, on the internet, and figured it out, but hated everything even more.

I tuned out completely when Amy Schumer came on.

I hate Hollywood. I hate everything.

I didn't see the slap. We saw Will Smith winning an award and were like "what the fuck is he crying and babbling about?"

We learned about the slap later, on the internet, and figured it out, but hated everything even more.

I had a little fun on Facebook because of it. I got a notification that someone had posted something - didn?t know what it was - so I clicked on it and it was about the slap.

There were various comments and observations and one guy I don?t know who lives in the middle of nowhere Michigan - probably a militia guy, maybe he would want to kidnap the governor, IDK - compared it with the libtard horseshit virtue signaling associated with the Oscars, and I was all ?what?? And I responded ?what the fuck does one black guy hitting another black guy have to do with any of that? The only thing more annoying than libtard virtue signaling is a Republitard seeing it and bitching about it where it doesn?t exist.?

From now on whenever things get especially tense between you and SpartanMack, I?m going to remind you both how much you both hate Amy Schumer.

Last edited:
From now on whenever things get especially tense between you and SpartanMack, I?m going to remind you both how much you both hate Amy Schumer.

I dunno. I'm thinking we hate her for very different reasons, and there's no real common ground there.

But she comes from a rich, politically connected family, and if push-came-to-shove (so to speak), he'd find more in common with her rhetorically and politically than he would, say any working class people fighting for better wages and safe working conditions.

And that's how I found out the Oscars were last night.

You (and presumably your lady, since watching the Oscars is usually a thing a woman drags a man into) win the board's purity test on this.

There were various comments and observations and one guy I don?t know who lives in the middle of nowhere Michigan - probably a militia guy, maybe he would want to kidnap the governor, IDK - compared it with the libtard horseshit virtue signaling associated with the Oscars, and I was all ?what?? And I responded ?what the fuck does one black guy hitting another black guy have to do with any of that? The only thing more annoying than libtard virtue signaling is a Republitard seeing it and bitching about it where it doesn?t exist.?

And then what did tigermud say?

Hey, if somebody wants an easy shot at me, you can say "Gee, for someone who supposedly hates the oscars, you've commented in this thread about them more than anyone else. Fuckface."

And that's how I found out the Oscars were last night.

same thing, heard about a slap on sports talk radio on the way to the gym and figured Lebron was probably involved somehow. Didn't find out it was actually the oscars until I saw it all over msn.com

Hey, if somebody wants an easy shot at me, you can say "Gee, for someone who supposedly hates the oscars, you've commented in this thread about them more than anyone else. Fuckface."

nobody had to wait until this thread for an easy opportunity for a shot at you. You serve them up like slow pitched softballs every day. Also, no one believes you hate the oscars or Amy Schumer - not even you. You're just barely smart enough to know you should be ashamed of it and thus, deny it publicly.

Last edited:
Dwayne the Rock Johnson hosting next year and dedicating 15 minutes to making fun of Jada Pinkett-Smith. Your move Will.

You (and presumably your lady, since watching the Oscars is usually a thing a woman drags a man into) win the board's purity test on this.

We were up north visiting my grandparents with the kids so no chance.

And even if we were home we're both knee deep in Letterkenny. I don't know if pure is the word I would use lol

It had to be the most privileged event of black on black crime in history.

Back