Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Will Smith at the Oscars

Trump actually did have a couple of comments. He said this was the type of thing that is the reason that has made the Academy so hesitant to include Black people in the past, and he also that if Chris Rock really does keep Will Smith?s wife out of his mouth, he?ll be the only guy in Hollywood who does.

Trump actually did have a couple of comments. he also that if Chris Rock really does keep Will Smith?s wife out of his mouth, he?ll be the only guy in Hollywood who does.

I don't know that many would disagree with him there.

I don't know that many would disagree with him there.

You?ve probably guess that Trump didn?t say that as far as I know, I came up with it myself.

I?ve heard quite a few jokes about the whole thing repeated but I haven?t heard that one yet. Maybe I?m the first one to have come up with it, I don?t know.

You?ve probably guess that Trump didn?t say that as far as I know, I came up with it myself.

I?ve heard quite a few jokes about the whole thing repeated but I haven?t heard that one yet. Maybe I?m the first one to have come up with it, I don?t know.

I heard this one "Will Smith's marriage is open to everything except jokes..." but it wasn't attributed to Trump as I recall.

So im a little torn here.

1 i like the idea of being on will smiths side....Chris Rock knows the context of his history with Will and understands the issue with Jada's hair. Made the joke anyway. You should get bitch slapped infront of all of america.

2 Its fucking chris rock...will smith deserved to get his ass beat. but its fucking chris rock. so its kind of a bitch move.

So im a little torn here.

1 i like the idea of being on will smiths side....Chris Rock knows the context of his history with Will and understands the issue with Jada's hair. Made the joke anyway. You should get bitch slapped infront of all of america.

2 Its fucking chris rock...will smith deserved to get his ass beat. but its fucking chris rock. so its kind of a bitch move.

There have been hundreds of more offensive, egregious jokes targeted at specific people over the years at awards shows. If you're that sensitive, stay home.

Imagine Will Smith at one of those Comedy Central Roasts. Never mind, don't. He wouldn't make it to the first commercial break.

Alopecia is literally just hair loss. It's simply a vanity thing. She doesn't have cancer, she's not in chemo. If Jada is that sensitive she should get a wig or they should stay at home if violence (against 150 lb, 55 year old men) is their only recourse.

I'm not going to watch your dumb video, but the thought occurred to me that the whole thing was staged as well.

I get the sense ratings have been down for the oscars for sometime. I could be wrong about that, as I haven't looked it up, but I didn't get a sense a lot of people that I know and talk to regularly were watching.

the thought occurred to me the event now was more a backwater thing, with lots of B-listers and not where anybody legitimately cool would want to be. A dumbfuck slapping another dumbfuck is just the sort of completely idiotic thing our trash culture would love to talk about for days... pushing god-knows-what news they don't want us to think about to page 2.

and I saw a news blurb that tickets to Chris Rock's shows have skyrocketed.

Hmmmm...

Last edited by a moderator:
If that was staged Will Smith needs to give his Oscar to Chris Rock.

I'm 50/50 on this.

If you asked me "Is Will Smith dumb enough to slap Chris Rock on national TV, and then yell like a jackass at him, all over a bad joke about his wife?" I would have said "yes."

Asha Rangappa is probably hoping Trump runs and gets re-elected even more than Tigermud or Spartanmack. Her rise as a commentator followed his run for president. She pops up in my twitter feed a lot less these days, and presumably that's correlated with less CNN appearances from her.

Side rant (if you'll indulge me here): I knew like a half-dozen people like her in law school... the irritating thing is they'd put on this whole "I'm a hip, fun, liberal and progressive feminist attorney! Proof you can have it all if you work hard!" attitude.

BUT then you'd be like "Okay, so how do you earn your living?" and the response is "I throw people - mostly black and hispanic people - in jail for decades for doing drugs" or "I help write Non-disclosure agreements the powerful corporations my law firm represents force women who got harassed or sexually assaulted by their executives to sign, to keep it all hushed up."

Real progressive and cool! Girl Power! Let's get a drink sometime!

This video sucked though... a lot of talk about a single tweet from her.

Back