Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Offseason Deals and Rumors

Phillips is getting older and declining, of course they did. Not comparable, and I did say probably part of a package deal.

Last edited:
Maybe if you offer Saurez with Price. Yankees are high on him, they won't give him away for nothing. Say what you want about Phillips but they chose not to trade Gardner for a raining allstar right after they lost Cano. He is extremely valuable and they know it

By the way there are better SS options on the FA market by a long shot

Only Assdribble and Ramirez, neither of which are good defensively at short and both of whom are declining. Everyone else is junk.

Also, no way in hell is Gardner worth Price. And you're overrating Phillips. The Yanks wouldnt have traded for him regardless of who the Reds wanted.

Last edited:
You are under valuing Gardner, he is a 4 WAR player, which is what Cabrera i was this year btw. Yankees will not give him away for a couple 4A players. Gardner is my personal favorite to play CF trust me and has been the last couple years. From what I have read out of NY, you. Have a better shot with almost any other player, cashman loves him

And yes, Cabrera, Ramirez, Lowrie, and Drew are all better than trading for a 4 A player

Arod's contract says hello.

talk about hello contracts Joe Mauer says step up and let me show you what 23 m's will buy you. Josh Hamilton's 17+, Of course the Yank has CC 24+ to deal with as well.
And lets face it Tigers got there money worth out of Sanchez 15+m's and Verlander 20+.

Our scouting is subpar..
And David Chadd continues to be employed. All these power arm relief pitchers has killed this organization from a lack of depth standpoint. However, at the end of the day, it falls on DD.

Last edited:
BASEBALL OPERATIONS
Vice President, Baseball Legal CounselJohn Westhoff
Director, Baseball Operations Mike Smith
Director, Latin American Player Development Manny Crespo
Director, Latin American Operations Miguel Garcia
Director, International Operations Tom Moore
Director, Minor League OperationsDan Lunetta
Director, Dominican Republic Operations Ramon Perez
Director, Player Development Dave Owen
Vice President, Amateur Scouting/Special Assistant to the General Manager David Chadd
Special Assistant to the General Manager Dick Egan
Director, Amateur Scouting Scott Pleis
Assistant, Amateur ScoutingJulian Shabazz
Director, Pro Scouting Scott Bream
Major League Scout Jim Olander
Major League Scout Jeff Wetherby
Major League Scout Bruce Tanner
Statistical Analyst Coordinator Sam Menzin
Scouting Assistant, International Operations Eric Nieto
Executive Assistant to the VP/Assistant GM & VP, Baseball Legal Counsel Eileen Surma
Director, Team Travel Brian Britten
Minor League Operations Coordinator Avi Becher
Director, Minor League & Scouting Administration Cheryl Evans
Administrative Assistant Marilyn Acevedo
Minor League Clubhouse Manager Robert Frutchey
Coordinator International Player Programs Sharon Lockwood

Full Front Office Directory
http://detroit.tigers.mlb.com/team/front_office.jsp?c_id=det

People seem to think Wynton Bernard is knocking on Comerica's door. He's not. This is a mere formality to protect a few prospects from being raided by subpar teams on Rule-5 Draft Day.

Wynton is at least another season away..... maybe more.

People seem to think Wynton Bernard is knocking on Comerica's door. He's not. This is a mere formality to protect a few prospects from being raided by subpar teams on Rule-5 Draft Day.

Wynton is at least another season away..... maybe more.

Why would we protect a projected career backup? It is a stupid move. At 24-year old, A Ball Players are not considered prospects. This would be like considering 27 or 28 year old AAA Ball Players prospects.

Why would we protect a projected career backup? It is a stupid move. At 24-year old, A Ball Players are not considered prospects. This would be like considering 27 or 28 year old AAA Ball Players prospects.
Thank God Hessman re signed, he could valuable addition next year:p

Back