Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Offseason Deals and Rumors

Tony Paul is also a troll on twitter. Problems I have with the detnews are henning and paul.
Tom Gage seems ok enough for me.....and they the detnews always are changing the original time stamp on their Tigers stories. Probably the writers for the Lions, etc. do the same.
It sucks and it's imo childish/stupid. Same story with a 12 hour later time stamp and heading so I/we think it's new. I caught on awhile ago. None of the freep or Mlive or the Tigers site, or any Tigers blogger do that.
I asked Paul about it and he gave me a wise ass answer.

As for Victor, if he does get 4 years, it's imo more in the 60 to 70 Million range.

Tigers will miss the boat, but getting Martin to catch 3 years with an option for 4th, would help with them most likely keeping Avila.

If the Tigers somehow get Martin why would they keep Avila? Isn't $5M+ a little expensive for a back up catcher?

idk, what they could do is not give him the 5.4 M and give him less.

I looked it up and he has a $5.4M club option with a $200K buyout. He made $4.35M last year. I guess if they were able to sign Martin they could just buy him out.

Tony Paul is also a troll on twitter. Problems I have with the detnews are henning and paul.
Tom Gage seems ok enough for me.....and they the detnews always are changing the original time stamp on their Tigers stories. Probably the writers for the Lions, etc. do the same.
It sucks and it's imo childish/stupid. Same story with a 12 hour later time stamp and heading so I/we think it's new. I caught on awhile ago. None of the freep or Mlive or the Tigers site, or any Tigers blogger do that.
I asked Paul about it and he gave me a wise ass answer.

Gage's story about Miggy being mute was annoying in the light of all the topics that were just laying there for the picking. The Det. Media are enablers and sycophants in many ways and dare not challenge the front offices of particularly the Tigers and Lions.

Gage's story about Miggy being mute was annoying in the light of all the topics that were just laying there for the picking. The Det. Media are enablers and sycophants in many ways and dare not challenge the front offices of particularly the Tigers and Lions.

You're right on that Miggy story Byco, and none seem to have any testicular fortitude to ask the real questions to recent past manager or DD.

I am pretty skeptical with Martin. He is coming off of back to back career years in Pittsburgh, but in the 5 years prior he was a decent 2 WAR catcher.

He could very well come back to the AL and then come back to earth. For 12-15 million per year and giving up a 1st round pick its to risky for me. Id stick it out for a year with Avila and see what you have with McCann. Seems like Waiters is a good bet to hit the Market next year.

I am pretty skeptical with Martin. He is coming off of back to back career years in Pittsburgh, but in the 5 years prior he was a decent 2 WAR catcher.

He could very well come back to the AL and then come back to earth. For 12-15 million per year and giving up a 1st round pick its to risky for me. Id stick it out for a year with Avila and see what you have with McCann. Seems like Waiters is a good bet to hit the Market next year.

I don't remember if Wieters was this or next year, but better for the following year with him coming back from TJ surgery.

What do you guys think about the Tigers making a run at Hanley Ramirez to take over 3B, and move Nick C. out to RF to take over for Torii? OF could be JD, Davis, Nick (L to R), and IF would be HanRam, Iggy, Kinsler, Miggy (L to R). If we did this, we likely couldn't pursue another SP (Max walks and we fill #5 from the minors or scrap heap). VMart coming back might also be in question if we did this.

What do you guys think about the Tigers making a run at Hanley Ramirez to take over 3B, and move Nick C. out to RF to take over for Torii? OF could be JD, Davis, Nick (L to R), and IF would be HanRam, Iggy, Kinsler, Miggy (L to R). If we did this, we likely couldn't pursue another SP (Max walks and we fill #5 from the minors or scrap heap). VMart coming back might also be in question if we did this.

You might be able to get Headley AND Aoki for the same amount of money and not have to give up a first round pick.

Headley means a big bidding war with the Stankees. They already informed A-Roid to bring an outfielder's glove to camp in February.

I would not move Casty at all. He will only get better over there at third. I think they are getting Stubbs and Miller.

I wouldn't be surprised if they made a trade for Tulo or Carlo Gonzo either.

Last edited:
Stubbs name I have not heard......Interesting name for a CF bandaid!!!
He's due for at least 7M in arb this winter. On the last year of his contract too.

Headley means a big bidding war with the Stankees. They already informed A-Roid to bring an outfielder's glove to camp in February.

They didn't think enough of him to offer him a QO. As far as a bidding war...what do you think they will have to do with Han Ram and the Dodgers?

He's (Chase) not a Q.O. type-player. They would prefer locking him up for around 3Y/33M.

Last edited:
Stubbs name I have not heard......Interesting name for a CF bandaid!!!
He's due for at least 7M in arb this winter. On the last year of his contract too.

He has the Coors Field effect and is going to get paid for it.

Last 3 years away

0.219 BA, 0.278 OBP, 0.631 OPS

Headly is not coming here. Watch, they will pull off a big trade and land Carlo from the rockies.

Back