Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Congrats KAWDUP

tinselwolverine

On winning the 2012-2013 Detroit Sports forum Michigan board bowl pick 'em championship.

I think we should start a tradition of the last pick 'em winner congratulating the new pick 'em winner.

So it will be on you to congratulate next fall's regular-season winner.

Unless, of course you win that one.

Then, I guess, it will be incumbent upon me, as the most recent winner who isn't you, to continue to congratulate you, until you finally lose.

Last edited:
I'm bummed i forgot to do mine til the 7th game. And didn't get to do my points. Still finished 11th some how.

On winning the 2012-2013 Detroit Sports forum Michigan board bowl pick 'em championship.

I think we should start a tradition of the last pick 'em winner congratulating the new pick 'em winner.

So it will be on you to congratulate next fall's regular-season winner.

Unless, of course you win that one.

Then, I guess, it will be incumbent upon me, as the most recent winner who isn't you, to continue to congratulate you, until you finally lose.

Thanks Tinsel. My secret? . . . pick against the Big Ten. :*)

Good job KAWDUP!

When you coming to visit again?

Interesting question. As soon as I get time, I will post what is going on.

hint: I are now a Southerner. :*)

If you ask Champ - I'm sure he will tell you my IQ dropped a bunch of points. :*)

Last edited:
Interesting question. As soon as I get time, I will post what is going on.

hint: I are now a Southerner. :*)

If you ask Champ - I'm sure he will tell you my IQ dropped a bunch of points. :*)

Yee Haw! Welcome to the club! Moonpies and RC cola for everyone!

KAWDUP fits right in down south, I reckon.

Change of pace being in a red state. Had to give up my Lions and Wolverines season tickets, but hey at least Atlanta has a real pro football team.

Losing that much IQ brings me right down to your level. I almost feel naked.

Change of pace being in a red state. Had to give up my Lions and Wolverines season tickets, but hey at least Atlanta has a real pro football team.

Losing that much IQ brings me right down to your level. I almost feel naked.

LOL, well that's true. But be careful with the ad hominem attacks... or as they call them in your parts, "fightin' words." I don't think dueling was ever outlawed in them there red states.

LOL, well that's true. But be careful with the ad hominem attacks... or as they call them in your parts, "fightin' words." I don't think dueling was ever outlawed in them there red states.

Come on down here someday and I'll buy you a drink before I kill you in a duel.

Not really wanting to bring the politics forum here, but I now live in a city where by law, every citizen must own a gun. It is a misdemeanor to not own a gun. I don't own one, so I am in violation - oh well. Even though it is un-enforceable, the city has one of the lowest violent crime rates in the country. Go figure. :*)

Come on down here someday and I'll buy you a drink before I kill you in a duel.

Not really wanting to bring the politics forum here, but I now live in a city where by law, every citizen must own a gun. It is a misdemeanor to not own a gun. I don't own one, so I am in violation - oh well. Even though it is un-enforceable, the city has one of the lowest violent crime rates in the country. Go figure. :*)

Is it a one time misdemeanor? Or can you be charged over and over every time you don't own a gun?

When they show to verify that you're in compliance with the law, just don't open the door, and yell "you ain't takin' my guns commie! Now git before I fill up yer britches with buckshot!"

Is it a one time misdemeanor? Or can you be charged over and over every time you don't own a gun?

When they show to verify that you're in compliance with the law, just don't open the door, and yell "you ain't takin' my guns commie! Now git before I fill up yer britches with buckshot!"

No clue. Wife has already picked up the ubiquitous "y'all" (sheesh) - not sure if this law has ever been enforced in quite a few years, but I guess I will have to find out :*)

I don't even know what their real ranking is in violent crime, it is just part of the local BS you hear when you transplant down here. Supposedly, as the story goes, the Japanese even came to visit the city once to see how this law was being applied. Believe it . . . or not!

No clue. Wife has already picked up the ubiquitous "y'all" (sheesh) - not sure if this law has ever been enforced in quite a few years, but I guess I will have to find out :*)

I don't even know what their real ranking is in violent crime, it is just part of the local BS you hear when you transplant down here. Supposedly, as the story goes, the Japanese even came to visit the city once to see how this law was being applied. Believe it . . . or not!

better question with regards to crime rate: what exactly is the population density there? the low rate is probably not due to the guns...

better question with regards to crime rate: what exactly is the population density there? the low rate is probably not due to the guns...

I know the city of which he speaks, er, writes. Stats from 2010: 30,000 in the city, 688,000 in the county (everything down here is couched in county terms). Which makes it roughly equivalent to Oak Park population-wise and vicinity to downtown. As to density; 3500/sq mile, to Oak Parks' 5682/sq mile. I'll let someone else do the crime comparison.

You better pick up the ubiquitous "Ya'all" also, 'fore they run you out of town. I used to live down souf and they hate them some Yankees. Its best to try to fit in as much as possible. Its not hard to fool them into thinking your from dere.

Hi Y'all.

Everything moves maddeningly slow (especially the traffic) in Atlanta, but even though most locals aren't too fond of us Yankees, there a boatload of people here from the Michigan area, so can't imagine getting "run out of town" any time soon.

I was working installing baggage handling systems (all over). Very high stress, many hours, lot's of travel. Many occasions where my team and I had to be available 24/7. It took over a year to get enough of a break in the action to find and interview for jobs in Atlanta. Wife's family has been down here for awhile, so Atlanta become the first choice.

I am really bummed to be leaving the Ann Arbor area. Leaving so much behind in the way of family and friends, but I was tired of the stress.

I now work for a software company in Atlanta. I am now responsible for parts of the User Interface software provided to the Power industry (particularly nuclear). Quite a switch. I get reasonable release schedules, 40 hours weeks, no on-call at all, and very little travel. Surprisingly I even got more money for doing this. Go figure.

In any case, I won't be renewing my Lions season tickets this year (20 years now), and while there will still be some trips back for Michigan football games, I will have to be curtailing most of my tailgate activity - I helped run one for just about every game and had to turn that over to others.

I expect that will mean more time to post here (I'm sure Champ is thrilled). Hello NFL ticket, and sports bars will be used to me very soon. :*)

Loved my 50+ years in Michigan, and certainly hope to come back and live/retire there, but for now "I are a Southerner".

If I post a pic of some stereotypical southerner/redneck, and say "this is KAWDUP's new neighbor," will you be able to claim that your new neighbor is actually a nuclear engineer, corporate attorney from King and Spaulding, or maybe a thoracic surgeon, in order to expose my ignorance of what "the new South" is really like?

Back