Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Congrats KAWDUP

If I post a pic of some stereotypical southerner/redneck, and say "this is KAWDUP's new neighbor," will you be able to claim that your new neighbor is actually a nuclear engineer, corporate attorney from King and Spaulding, or maybe a thoracic surgeon, in order to expose my ignorance of what "the new South" is really like?

I will tell you that when I moved here in '93 my preconceived idea of "the poor South" was totally wrong.

I will tell you that when I moved here in '93 my preconceived idea of "the poor South" was totally wrong.

well duh. there's also the wealthy southern elite that used to own human beings as property and longs for the day when they can do so again. was your street named "Antebellum Way" or "Secession Ave."?

well duh. there's also the wealthy southern elite that used to own human beings as property and longs for the day when they can do so again. was your street named "Antebellum Way" or "Secession Ave."?

Don't Carpetbaggers count for anything?

Well, you just answered your own question about whether or not you are ignorant of the "new South."

If I post a pic of some stereotypical southerner/redneck, and say "this is KAWDUP's new neighbor," will you be able to claim that your new neighbor is actually a nuclear engineer, corporate attorney from King and Spaulding, or maybe a thoracic surgeon, in order to expose my ignorance of what "the new South" is really like?

Well I live in quite a nice area. Got more house than I expected. 3500 sq ft. It is amongst quite a few (1800 to be sure) other similar homes. So to answer your question, you just might be a bit ignorant about at least Atlanta. I was sold when I saw several U of M flags flying on people's houses and no Moo State flags at all. That's gotta be worth something, no?

Well I live in quite a nice area. Got more house than I expected. 3500 sq ft. It is amongst quite a few (1800 to be sure) other similar homes. So to answer your question, you just might be a bit ignorant about at least Atlanta. I was sold when I saw several U of M flags flying on people's houses and no Moo State flags at all. That's gotta be worth something, no?

MSU grads live in Kennesaw.

How can you tell who is the widow at a Dunwoody funeral?

She's the one in the black tennis togs.

Edit: ha ha. Just realized Kennesaw must be where KAWDUP lives.

Last edited:

When i lived there, it was more the dumb poor white guys that longed for the "good ol' days."

The rich guys that I knew were all transplants...

Weenie. Why of course you just realized that. I believe you. NOT!!!

;*)

"Lurleen, git out the fine china. them yankees that moved in next door is coming over."

Weenie. Why of course you just realized that. I believe you. NOT!!!

;*)

When you said you lived in a town that required everyone to own a gun, I didn't know you were in in greater Atlanta. I think there are other towns throughout the south that require residents to own guns, but Kennesaw is certainly the most notable one in the Atlanta area.

If M&B09 comes on this thread, defending that guy's Constitutional right to have a toilet on his porch, this thread is likely to catch fire.

That said, if that guy put extra Tabasco
on an already spicy gumbo the night before that photo was taken,
this thread is already on FI-YAAAAAH!!!!!!!

If M&B09 comes on this thread, defending that guy's Constitutional right to have a toilet on his porch, this thread is likely to catch fire.

That said, if that guy put extra Tabasco
on an already spicy gumbo the night before that photo was taken,
this thread is already on FI-YAAAAAH!!!!!!!

Speaking of gastronomic fire, I just got back from a Thai place. I ordered and the waiter double checks to make sure I meant to order a spicy dish. I calmly reply "yes". My wife, who does not share my taste in spicy food, interjects with enthusiasm. "Yeah he does! He always orders something spicy!"

I told her that I was going to pay for her enthusiasm and made her taste it to see what she had done to me. It was delicious, but I can feel it burning a hole in my stomach right now.

Speaking of gastronomic fire, I just got back from a Thai place. I ordered and the waiter double checks to make sure I meant to order a spicy dish. I calmly reply "yes". My wife, who does not share my taste in spicy food, interjects with enthusiasm. "Yeah he does! He always orders something spicy!"

I told her that I was going to pay for her enthusiasm and made her taste it to see what she had done to me. It was delicious, but I can feel it burning a hole in my stomach right now.

Just, please, take pictures?

When i lived there, it was more the dumb poor white guys that longed for the "good ol' days."

The rich guys that I knew were all transplants...

I would agree to a point with the first sentence, except this difference - it's the OLD dumb poor white guys that longed for the "good ol' days."

We're "slowly boiling the frog" and bringing the younger ones around.

By the way, there's a BUNCH of rich native Georgians, they just don't show it with Beemers and Hummers. Those are mainly the transplants.

Boss_Hogg_%28Sorrell_Booke%29.JPG

"KAWDUP's fine computin' skills will help me catch them Duke boys once and for all."

I was floored at the size of some of the suburban ATL houses last summer -- Johns Creek or Johnson Creek, Alpharetta, Norcross ... Houses that in Denver -- based on size, not quality -- that would go for $750k+ were in low-mid-300's

Then my buddy explained the huge variance in quality among builders and developments.

We're happy in our 2700 sq ft 1932 Tudor in Park Hill.

when I was a little kid, I never really thought about the politics of the Dukes of Hazzard (nor did I notice Catherine Bach), but now I realize there was something twisted about the way Southerners worshiped an American car... made by union labor in the North, by Yankees they despised.

Back