Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Congrats KAWDUP

I was floored at the size of some of the suburban ATL houses last summer -- Johns Creek or Johnson Creek, Alpharetta, Norcross ... Houses that in Denver -- based on size, not quality -- that would go for $750k+ were in low-mid-300's

Then my buddy explained the huge variance in quality among builders and developments.

We're happy in our 2700 sq ft 1932 Tudor in Park Hill.

as long as heating or cooling costs don't completely spiral out of control, those ginormous McMansions won't be too costly to maintain... but some areas of the south seem to be reaching the "carrying capacity" of the environment in some regards. the last couple summers they've been out of water.

You didn't notice DAISY DUKE?!?!?

Though I will say I always said I wanted a nice, comfortable house and the ability to travel (vs. becoming housepoor) and mission accomplished.

I'm even in La Jolla this week ...hmmm, who lives in La Jolla?!

when I was a little kid, I never really thought about the politics of the Dukes of Hazzard (nor did I notice Catherine Bach), but now I realize there was something twisted about the way Southerners worshiped an American car... made by union labor in the North, by Yankees they despised.

Keep pitchin' your ignorant stereotypes michchamp - maybe somebody will take your bait.

Bach was hot, that is all I will say.

but some areas of the south seem to be reaching the "carrying capacity" of the environment in some regards. the last couple summers they've been out of water.

Atlanta is one of those places. America is fortunate in terms of water and we export crops that use a lot of water, so it will impact the 3rd world if it ever gets really bad in places in the US. If we ever get ahead of the energy demand curve, I think ocean desalination plants and water pipelines will follow.

Atlanta is one of those places. America is fortunate in terms of water and we export crops that use a lot of water, so it will impact the 3rd world if it ever gets really bad in places in the US. If we ever get ahead of the energy demand curve, I think ocean desalination plants and water pipelines will follow.

Mary Ann, or Ginger?

my favorite thing was when they were passing (or trying to pass) water conservation laws, they had to fight not only the prevalent anti-government retards down south, but also the country club snobs who insisted that golf courses by exempt from any water conservation efforts.

and of course, the only solution to such problems that affect "the collective" will be through "central planning" and "big government" but just don't call them that, okay?

my favorite thing was when they were passing (or trying to pass) water conservation laws, they had to fight not only the prevalent anti-government retards down south, but also the country club snobs who insisted that golf courses by exempt from any water conservation efforts.

and of course, the only solution to such problems that affect "the collective" will be through "central planning" and "big government" but just don't call them that, okay?

Move to Havana, Pinko.

I'm not following. Help me out.

Perhaps the greatest debate in Americana is who was hotter-Marianne or Ginger? from Gilligans Island.

They both were hot for the Professor, a handsome but nerdy academic, who was completely oblivious to the fact that they both were hot for him.

Your posts sometimes sound like the stuff the professor used to say.

So I merged it with the Daisy Duke hot chicks from TV motif.

6692384_f260.jpg

Red and Guilty

Last edited:
for the record, I never noticed Daisy Duke/Catherine Bach, because I was 3-4 years old when I first watched that show. all I cared about was the car, and the sweet jumps they would pull in that thing.

years later, as the proliferation of cable channels and concurrent decrease in brainpower and creativity of our society resulted in much of the garbage culture of the 80's being recycled, I saw the show again and had the realization that Daisy, NOT the General Lee, was what I was tuning in to see.

Perhaps the greatest debate in Americana is who was hotter-Marianne or Ginger? from Gilligans Island.

They both were hot for the Professor, a handsome but nerdy academic, who was completely oblivious to the fact that they both were hot for him.

Oh. Then my oblivious answer was appropriate.

...and while my memory is fuzzy, Marianne.

6692384_f260.jpg

Red and Guilty

I feel for you that your effort was lost on Red, who probably could not build a coconut-powered radio to save his life (or ours, if we were also passengers on the ill-fated SS Minnow.)

for the record, I never noticed Daisy Duke/Catherine Bach, because I was 3-4 years old when I first watched that show. all I cared about was the car, and the sweet jumps they would pull in that thing.

years later, as the proliferation of cable channels and concurrent decrease in brainpower and creativity of our society resulted in much of the garbage culture of the 80's being recycled, I saw the show again and had the realization that Daisy, NOT the General Lee, was what I was tuning in to see.

Hey Champ, it's ok to admit that you tuned in to watch Bo and/or Luke. That kind of thing is accepted these days.

I feel for you that your effort was lost on Red, who probably could not build a coconut-powered radio to save his life (or ours, if we were also passengers on the ill-fated SS Minnow.)

was it really ill-fated? they had it made and they kept trying to get off the island. I'd have no problem being stranded on that island with Ginger and Mary Anne.

was it really ill-fated? they had it made and they kept trying to get off the island. I'd have no problem being stranded on that island with Ginger and Mary Anne.

true. however, as far as we know there was no birth control on the island, and I sure as heck wouldn't want to be around after 9 months.

Then again, the professor was pretty handy with inventing things out of the local environment.

Yeah, I could deal.

And, of course the correct answer to the age old question is "why choose?"

Although, for the slightly less stalwart, "what day is it?"would not be entirely incorrect.

Careful. You're stuck on an island.

yeah. was thinking that too. would suck to get shanked in your sleep by a jilted lover with a sharpened piece of coconut. especially in the situation where there are more guys than girls on the island.

look at what happened on Pitcairn Island after the HMS Bounty mutiny...

Back