Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Congrats KAWDUP

Wow, can we get any further afield? You guys are a truly entertaining.

yeah. was thinking that too. would suck to get shanked in your sleep by a jilted lover with a sharpened piece of coconut. especially in the situation where there are more guys than girls on the island.

look at what happened on Pitcairn Island after the HMS Bounty mutiny...

Amongst me Mary and and ginger, the one who would be doing all the "Shankin"would be me.

yah and i'm not too worried about Mr Howell, Gilligan, or the Cpt. The Cpt and Gilligan were more interested in each other anyway. I think an unfortunate accident might have to happen to the professor, though...

they called him skipper, not captain. right?

Gilligan... the Skipper too... the millionaire and his wife... the moooooovie star... the professor and mary ann... here on gilligan's isle...

interesting:
Executive producer Sherwood Schwartz believed in avoiding exposition, so he composed the sea shanty-style theme song, "The Ballad of Gilligan's Isle", as a capsule summary of the castaways' predicament. This was done so that first-time viewers would instantly understand the premise. He took the same approach with the themes to The Brady Bunch and It's About Time.​

haha, Jerry Van Dyke is such a chump:
Bob Denver was not the first choice to play Gilligan; actor Jerry Van Dyke was offered the role, but he turned it down, believing that the show would never be successful. He chose instead to play the lead in My Mother the Car, which premiered the following year and was cancelled after one season.​

haha, Jerry Van Dyke is such a chump:
Bob Denver was not the first choice to play Gilligan; actor Jerry Van Dyke was offered the role, but he turned it down, believing that the show would never be successful. He chose instead to play the lead in My Mother the Car, which premiered the following year and was cancelled after one season.​

I was a real little kid when that show came on.

I thought it was real cool the way the car talk to that guy.

Back