Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2019 Offseason (General)

Aye seems that way. Sounds like they plan on pairing him with an offensive D-man like Green or Hronek.

Since he is so defensively minded, they hope it allows the offensive partner free reign to play their game.

Colorado Acquire: Nazem Kadri, Calle Rosen, 3rd round pick [2020]

Toronto Acquire: Tyson Barrie (50% salary retention), Alex Kerfoot, 6th round pick [2020]

Not really a shocker Kadri got moved, I've been expecting this for almost a year. What is surprising is the haul that Toronto got for him.

Offensively Kerfoot is near Kadri's offensive production and is an RFA.

Barrie is a top pairing D-man.

Rosen has potential and should battle for a roster spot especially since Colorado lost both Nemeth and Barrie.

Kadri is the distraction that Kadri is. At least he comes with a cheap cap hit.

https://www.tsn.ca/leafs-trade-agitator-kadri-to-avs-for-barrie-kerfoot-1.1331599

Aye seems that way. Sounds like they plan on pairing him with an offensive D-man like Green or Hronek.

Since he is so defensively minded, they hope it allows the offensive partner free reign to play their game.
I wish we had gotten him for a bit cheaper but I'm okay with defensive minded. Everyone wants to be part of the offense these days and our goalie pays for it.

The sad thing is, Filppula will still outperform Nielsen who is his replacement's replacement.

Not sure we really need him though.

"Likely on the second or third line, he is expected to play center to allow Andreas Athanasiou to play on the wing."

?We had a hole in the middle,? Yzerman said.

Yah, Filps and Nielsen will be the #2-3 centers.

Nielsen is slowing down, I'd think he is the more likely candidate to slide down to third line. It was very evident when he was on Zadina's line during that short stretch Z got.

Filps can also slide to either wing, but I prefer him at center.

Well, that 1 million contract he gets is a bargain compared to the 7 he was getting.

Someone pointed out that Mantha broke his hand fighting Nemeth last season.
And broke his hand fighting Vitkovsky the season before he was signed.

Supposedly he joked on twitter he should fight McDavid next. Can't confirm as I don't use that platform.

Both highly touted prospects who should be in the NHL full-time this season.

Perhaps Buffalo is getting ready to move out Ristolainen, that is a lot of D they acquired since the deadline.

Montour
Miller
Jokiharju

Doubt there is any market for Bogosian anymore, and Scandella is pretty much in same boat.

How badly I did guessing the contracts.

Grossly overestimated goalie market, after the first signed for cheap it constricted the market.

Think pretty much everyone else left on the list is gonna sign 1 year deals with exception of Gardiner and possibly Brassard/Hutton.

From salary side of unsigned, Gardiner still somewhat confident except maybe a 3 year deal. Brassard should easily still get 3 mil, the rest apart from Hutton closer to 1 million.
FxDQk9b.png

ONjSERs.png

Just heard a great story of John Scott choking the shit out of Ristolainen when he was a rookie. Couldn't help but laugh.

Edmonton Acquire: James Neal

Calgary Acquire: Milan Lucic (Edm retain some salary)

Back