Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2023 Tigers MLB Draft July 9-11 Pick Max Clark #1

Scott Harris isn't tanking. He is trying to put talent into a woefully untalented organization. This isnt going to happen overnight, no matter how much we want it to. This organization just did something Avila never did. Had a plan and drafted accordingly.

John Verburg

Scott Harris isn't tanking. He is trying to put talent into a woefully untalented organization. This isnt going to happen overnight, no matter how much we want it to. This organization just did something Avila never did. Had a plan and drafted accordingly.

John Verburg

this is the kind of quote that drives me nuts. I am sure AA had a plan for every single draft and drafted accordingly. Now, were they good plans or plans that worked out well? In most cases, no.

Harris' plan may not work out either.

https://totallytigers.wordpress.com/2023/07/12/breaking-old-habits/
BREAKING OLD HABITS.
Totally Tigers

The MLB draft is now over and for the first time in almost 2 decades, the Tigers have a whole new cast involved in the scouting, drafting and signing of everyone they?ve selected.

And the differences are apparent. And in so many ways.

So much so, that I?ve got a list of 10 observations that show the Tigers are finally addressing the long-standing problems from past years that didn?t play out well in the end.

Just looked at the 2024 Schedule and this draft, well the reboot to the rebuild is really two (schedule) to three (player development) seasons off. Guess the slow boat to China vacation can be booked, and not miss much Or another way to look at this a round trip slow boat!
Tigers are going to waist so much pitching in the next two seasons, O unless they trade it away. However I would not mind E Rod and All Star going.

Back