Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

3 Way Done deal , Tigers get Price !!

What if, some crazy way, somehow we offer Max a little bit more than we did and he comes back and we have him locked up with Price and and Ricky for the year as well? HIGHLY unlikely but why not offer Max a little more? He is worth it...

For sure with Jackson as hot as he has been this month. My guess is the Tigers are tried of waiting for AJ to put it all together...

What if, some crazy way, somehow we offer Max a little bit more than we did and he comes back and we have him locked up with Price and and Ricky for the year as well? HIGHLY unlikely but why not offer Max a little more? He is worth it...

How much is in the kitty though? We have to find replacements for Vmart and Hunter for sure if you pay Max, let alone try to resign Price.

We are not the Yankees.

Last edited:
How much is in the kitty though? We have to find replacements for Vmart and Hunter for sure if you pay Max, let alone try to resign Price.

We are not the Yankees.

In the scenario I proposed I was going about it thinking we keep Max and not extend Price and just let him play out his final year. But yeah I hear you.

We are not the Yankees.

Make and sell more crappy pizza.

In the scenario I proposed I was going about it thinking we keep Max and not extend Price and just let him play out his final year. But yeah I hear you.

I would think we could keep Price for less than what Max wants. That being said as far as SP go on talent alone I'd take Price.

How bad will it be if Max leaves and the only player we have left from the Granderson deal is Phil Coke????

It is incredibly nice to have a LEFTY of his caliber in the rotation.

have I really been reading quotes from you guys stating:

now we don't have a qualified leadoff hitter
leaves a really big hole in our lineup

srsly? the only thing ill miss with ajax being gone is the 180 strikeouts per year. Great trade. Great rotation. Beane and DD need to have a few beers together....theyre putting on a show although im surprised he moved cespedes.

And most obvious he's a Lefty which we NEED, and one of, if not the best one.

I disagree on the NEED lefty part, but he definitely has a much better track record than Max.

We needed relief pitching got none
we needed a hitter got none.
Sent the best relief pitcher/starter that we could have used in the playoffs.
What good is Price when the pen can not hold a lead?
Pen just gave 3 too the sox!
I like Price but was not what Tigers needed. Add to everything else the D in the OF got worse.

have I really been reading quotes from you guys stating:

now we don't have a qualified leadoff hitter
leaves a really big hole in our lineup

srsly? the only thing ill miss with ajax being gone is the 180 strikeouts per year. Great trade. Great rotation. Beane and DD need to have a few beers together....theyre putting on a show although im surprised he moved cespedes.

Well you obviously looked at it very in-depth. I mean who can argue with that.

Nothing else to see here people...move along.

I disagree on the NEED lefty part, but he definitely has a much better track record than Max.

OK because trotting out 5 right handed starting pitchers every year is a GREAT idea...............................................

Back