Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Abdullah Signs

Wasn't obvious TD at the time of the throw, Fuller wasn't wide open when he threw it. 6'2 vs 5'8. a jump ball can be made back shoulder. And with Fuller never beating press usually, that is proper spot.

I would believe you more if you would just say....

"Stafford isn't used to Fullers speed on the outside. Fuller beat the press quickly and Stafford made the correct read but pretended like he was throwing to a 5.6 40, 300 lb lineman guy instead of his blazing fast wide out."

I would believe you more if you would just say....

"Stafford isn't used to Fullers speed on the outside. Fuller beat the press quickly and Stafford made the correct read but pretended like he was throwing to a 5.6 40, 300 lb lineman guy instead of his blazing fast wide out."

Fuller was weak. He couldn't beat the press. That was his big weakness. Do you even watch?

Press coverage. Bump and run. He got jammed at the line alot which slowed him on deeper routes. Hopefully he improves on that this year with even more strength and experience.

Press coverage. Bump and run. He got jammed at the line alot which slowed him on deeper routes. Hopefully he improves on that this year with even more strength and experience.

It wasn't Press? as in what is Press Coverage.
I know what Press Coverage is.

I was what the hell are you talking about...Press?
The DB was 10 yards off him at the snap. Never laid a finger on him.

It wasn't Press? as in what is Press Coverage.
I know what Press Coverage is.

I was what the hell are you talking about...Press?
The DB was 10 yards off him at the snap. Never laid a finger on him.

Stafford is used to Fuller not being that deep due to press coverage. Plus the height differential is a good spot for a back shoulder ball. Jennings couldn't even turn his head. He committed PI. Fuller was coming back to the ball.

Last edited:
Stafford is used to Fuller not being that deep due to press coverage. Plus the height differential is a good spot for a back shoulder ball. Jennings couldn't even turn his head. He committed PI. Fuller was coming back to the ball because Stafford terribly under threw it.

fify

Stafford is used to Fuller not being that deep due to press coverage. Plus the height differential is a good spot for a back shoulder ball. Jennings couldn't even turn his head. He committed PI. Fuller was coming back to the ball.

So Stafford saw it wasn't press coverage pre-snap, but still thought Fuller might magically be jammed at the line.

Also, now he didn't throw it short on purpose, but Fuller was deeper than Stafford thought. So Stafford intended to lead him, however due to not being jammed by the invisible guy fuller was deeper and the result was an unintended intended jump ball at the 20.

Really it is a TRUE reception. Chalk up one for Fuller.

Remember when Stafford overthrew a guy into a rack of grocery bread in his Pepsi commercial? Can we break down the film on that one?

Last edited:
From now on, whenever LKP condescendingly refers to "game tape", you can just direct him to this thread. Can't even analyze a single .gif, let alone a football game. Pathetic. Troll. Call it what you want.

From now on, whenever LKP condescendingly refers to "game tape", you can just direct him to this thread. Can't even analyze a single .gif, let alone a football game. Pathetic. Troll. Call it what you want.

Pathetic troll sounds about right!

Eh.....you seem to be avoiding my question.

How has Romo "every year got it done"?

And offensively in 2014.... Dallas WAS stacked. There is no denying that. HOF season from their RB. HOF #1 WR in his prime. HOF TE still playing well. Best o-line in football. Good #2 WR. Good #3 WR.

Not sure what else you would want.

Stafford had a HOF #1 WR and a VERY good #2. Bad line. OK RB's. Terrible #3 WR. Terrible TE. Bad o-line (yeah, I said it 2X)

Its not making excuses......Romo was better last year. But you can't compare offenses with Dallas as a whole and say the Lions were even close!

I think we have a miscommunication. Getting it done doesn't mean SB champs, it means good QB numbers. He's better than Matt and it really isn't that close.

I think we have a miscommunication. Getting it done doesn't mean SB champs, it means good QB numbers. He's better than Matt and it really isn't that close.

OH...statistically, Romo blows the doors off of Matt....and it isn't even close!

Career stats

Romo

65.2 comp %
7.90 YPA
2.2 : 1 TD to INT ratio
97.6 career QB Rating

Stafford

59.6 comp
7.01 YPA
1.5 : 1 TD to INT ratio
83.6 career QB rating

The point about Matt is that many many QB's in this league could have won 10 games with this team. I realize you need more to win playoff games. But 2011, he took it upon himself to get us over the top on several occasions. I just want that Matt back..The past 3 years have been dismal.

The question is, after 2017, do you cut him if his game doesn't improve? Or let him finish his next two years off or restructure again?

The point about Matt is that many many QB's in this league could have won 10 games with this team. I realize you need more to win playoff games. But 2011, he took it upon himself to get us over the top on several occasions. I just want that Matt back..The past 3 years have been dismal.

The question is, after 2017, do you cut him if his game doesn't improve? Or let him finish his next two years off or restructure again?

here is the problem. If he doesn't improve that means he is likely outside the top 10 QBs in the league but inside the top 20. Let's say for argument sake he is the 15th best QB in the league. The likelyhood of getting someone better is slim. That said...if you restructure you are easily going to have to pay him "franchise" QB money because of the current contract he is in. Again...the player will have the organization by the balls.

Nobody could have taken us to the playoffs in 2012 and 2013. Too many injuries and weapon turnvovers and defensive injury break downs (secondary).

Stafford played well in 2013. 6th in TDs, 6th in first downs, 6th in 3rd down %. The turnovers many were not his fault.

We were 4-4 in the first half of 2012 then we were very injured in the second half (Burleson, Young, Broyles all out last 5-6, Pettigrew last 4) of the season. 4-4 should have been 6-2 if not for special teams too.

We can win a Super Bowl with Stafford. No doubt. He is a good QB.

Nobody could have taken us to the playoffs in 2012 and 2013. Too many injuries and weapon turnvovers and defensive injury break downs (secondary).

Stafford played well in 2013. 6th in TDs, 6th in first downs, 6th in 3rd down %. The turnovers many were not his fault.

We were 4-4 in the first half of 2012 then we were very injured in the second half (Burleson, Young, Broyles all out last 5-6, Pettigrew last 4) of the season. 4-4 should have been 6-2 if not for special teams too.

We can win a Super Bowl with Stafford. No doubt. He is a good QB.

Just to watch you talk yourself into a circle.

2014 Stafford Ranks:
TDs: 14th
1st Downs: 12th
3rd down %: 23rd.

Average rank 16th. Smack dab in average land. But better than his QB rating, so he has that going for him. That makes 2014 - a average to poor season.

Also nobody could of gotten us to 9-7? Interesting theory.

Last edited:
Just to watch you talk yourself into a circle.

2014 Stafford Ranks:
TDs: 14th
1st Downs: 12th
3rd down %: 23rd.

Average rank 16th. Smack dab in average land. But better than his QB rating, so he has that going for him. That makes 2014 - a average to poor season.

Also nobody could of gotten us to 9-7? Interesting theory.

There was no protection or run support. He had protection in 2013. MAJOR Oline injuries in 2014. Two RTs, RG, LG playing hurt, Lt for 2 games. Plus Calvin, Bush and TE injuries.

Stafford was clutch in close games and limited turnovers on 600 attempts. He was anything good about our offense in 2014. Great year for Stafford. Outstanding says Mayhew. Mayhew>all of you combined.

It's not a circle. It's different injury circumstances. More injuries in 2014 and still very good play by Stafford in 2014.

Last edited:

I broke all three gifs down perfectly. I know about progressions (you all seem to ignore them), I know about Fuller's issue previously with the press (which is why Stafford may throw a backshoulder ball) and I know about the height difference between Fuller and Jennings.

It's pathetic you guys can't follow the simple things I say.

Back