Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Abdullah Signs

25-28 over a 4 YEAR stretch with all that talent.

You made a point he "gets it done" every year.

What exactly does he get done?

0-3 in "win and in" games......DONE

sub .500 4 year stretch......DONE

You can say he had a better year......and I won't argue with that. Romo is the ARod of football. Lot's of numbers.......little to show for it. Not good enough, himself, to make teams better.

This isn't about that. Who says Dallas is stacked, you? All I'm saying is Romo has been the better QB. And they don't belong in the same category.

He didn't miss the throw. He threw it on purpose. Should have been PI. I explained the heigh difference. Throws like that are made all the time in the NFL.

Please explain the your reasoning as to WHY he would need to back shoulder a throw to a WR who has a 5 yard cushion and is running a streak/fly/9 route?

All that would do is allow the defender the time he needs to get back into the play and make a play on the ball.

So, it was either a bad throw if he was try to lead him........or........it was a piss poor decision to throw a back shoulder fade to a wide open WR streaking down the sideline with a CB in his dust.

I'll let you answer which one it is.

Please explain the your reasoning as to WHY he would need to back shoulder a throw to a WR who has a 5 yard cushion and is running a streak/fly/9 route?

All that would do is allow the defender the time he needs to get back into the play and make a play on the ball.

So, it was either a bad throw if he was try to lead him........or........it was a piss poor decision to throw a back shoulder fade to a wide open WR streaking down the sideline with a CB in his dust.

I'll let you answer which one it is.

It would draw PI. Which it did. But again the refs messed it up. There was no downside to the decision. You don't always lead a guy.

hell...the refs probably called that an uncatchable ball since it was so under thrown!

Not underthrown. Plus Fuller rarely beats the press like that. Usually he is 10 yards behind where he was.

This isn't about that. Who says Dallas is stacked, you? All I'm saying is Romo has been the better QB. And they don't belong in the same category.

Eh.....you seem to be avoiding my question.

How has Romo "every year got it done"?

And offensively in 2014.... Dallas WAS stacked. There is no denying that. HOF season from their RB. HOF #1 WR in his prime. HOF TE still playing well. Best o-line in football. Good #2 WR. Good #3 WR.

Not sure what else you would want.

Stafford had a HOF #1 WR and a VERY good #2. Bad line. OK RB's. Terrible #3 WR. Terrible TE. Bad o-line (yeah, I said it 2X)

Its not making excuses......Romo was better last year. But you can't compare offenses with Dallas as a whole and say the Lions were even close!

It would draw PI. Which it did. But again the refs messed it up. There was no downside to the decision. You don't always lead a guy.

Soooooooo he has a guy wide open and instead of just leading him for an easy TD you think his thought process was to back shoulder it in hopes of getting PI???

LOL...... you're super smart!!!!!

Soooooooo he has a guy wide open and instead of just leading him for an easy TD you think his thought process was to back shoulder it in hopes of getting PI???

LOL...... you're super smart!!!!!

He wasn't wide open when the throw was made.

Ok, tons o fun........i'll educate you a little. This is the NFL. QB's make a lot of throws before the WR is open. Have you ever seen any WR ever run an out route?? Most QB's throw that ball before the WR even makes his break. OK? Still following??

Stafford made the right read. You can see in the video he reads single high safety and does a great job in looking him to the opposite side of the field. He knows he has Fuller running a 9 on the other side. His job then, is to throw it to him in stride.

He doesn't. He underthrows it. Bad throw.

Ok, tons o fun........i'll educate you a little. This is the NFL. QB's make a lot of throws before the WR is open. Have you ever seen any WR ever run an out route?? Most QB's throw that ball before the WR even makes his break. OK? Still following??

Stafford made the right read. You can see in the video he reads single high safety and does a great job in looking him to the opposite side of the field. He knows he has Fuller running a 9 on the other side. His job then, is to throw it to him in stride.

He doesn't. He underthrows it. Bad throw.

His job is to throw to the receiver backshoulder or in stride. And at the time of the throw, backshoulder was the right call. He chose that and then got hosed when they didn't throw a PI. He knew the height difference. Apparently you do not.

TIL: Stafford is so next level that instead of going for the touchdown on a go route, he purposefully threw the ball behind the WR to draw a PI call because it was the better read.

jck.gif

Lions won the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And Stafford did well in second half. 3 FG attempt drives and a TD.

Lions won the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And Stafford did well in second half. 3 FG attempt drives and a TD.

Nobody is arguing that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The throw was still bad.......even with 23 exclamation points.

So your tape knowledge tells you that Stafford was unable to anticipate the WR would get open. He does not understand his own players and the opposing defenders enough to understand what will happen?

That is something you do not want in a Starting NFL QB. If he is only able to comprehend what is happening, as opposed to what will happen, he isn't smart enough to be NFL. The only chance we ever have for him to be successful is if a guy is wide open when the ball is released and he stays wide open while the ball is in flight. Stafford would make a great High School QB and a very good college QB. NFL he will struggle.

So your tape knowledge tells you that Stafford was unable to anticipate the WR would get open. He does not understand his own players and the opposing defenders enough to understand what will happen?

That is something you do not want in a Starting NFL QB. If he is only able to comprehend what is happening, as opposed to what will happen, he isn't smart enough to be NFL. The only chance we ever have for him to be successful is if a guy is wide open when the ball is released and he stays wide open while the ball is in flight. Stafford would make a great High School QB and a very good college QB. NFL he will struggle.

(He also would have to be open BEFORE he threw the ball, so Stafford could make the read.......while he was throwing it.....while the ball was in the air......and during the catch)

.........................................................OR....................................................

He just underthrew the ball. That happens. To EVERYONE!

To be honest.......in that play.......I see both sides of Stafford. The good and the bad.

Good........

-Great read. Single high safety with the guy on the right side (looks like CJ???) running a deep post.
-Recognizes it quickly.
-Looks the safety to the post side of the field.
-Makes the right read to Fuller.....who is m2m on the left.

All of those are traits of good QB's

The bad.....

-Inaccurate throw.
-Inability, at times, to make the big play when it's staring you in the face.
-Though he's never really had a talented #3.....makes very few plays to anyone not wearing #81 or #15.

Live by the sword......

Last edited:

Fuller typically doesn't beat the press that quickly. The throw was to the right spot. Stafford has a better deep ball than most in the league.

skipped over half the posts but why would you want a PI call and ball inside the 20 when you could have just thrown a TD pass?

And booger yes, I was being sarcastic when saying he "obviously doesn't have the arm strength to throw outdoors" but with that said....you don't go 0 for forever on the road against good teams if you throw the ball consistently well both indoor and outdoors. Obviously something is different...

Wasn't obvious TD at the time of the throw, Fuller wasn't wide open when he threw it. 6'2 vs 5'8. a jump ball can be made back shoulder. And with Fuller never beating press usually, that is proper spot.

Back