Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Border chaos

I have not seen any hordes of illegal migrants looting and pillaging... unless you consider the people running private equity funds to be "illegal migrants"

You will eventually it’s only a matter of time until it spreads to all states all towns

I have not seen any hordes of illegal migrants looting and pillaging... unless you consider the people running private equity funds to be "illegal migrants"

I think most of the looting and pillaging consists of our home grown, mostly inner city, deadbeats. USA, USA, USA!!

Well if you haven't seen it, then it must not be happening.

If that's your standard, tell me how many cops have you seen murder unarmed black people? And while you're at it, how many private equity funds have you actually seen looting and pillaging?

Somehow, you still amaze me with the level of nonsense and stupidity in your posts.

Then do something Joe! You have the executive authority you dumb fuck!

I remain unconvinced there is actually a border crises, or hordes of migrants "invading" our great nation... more of the same bullshit political football kicking, whipping up more of a ferver than usual maybe (editorial from USA TOday):
A much-ballyhooed convoy of MAGA patriots descended on a town near the southern border, ostensibly ready to protect America from what right-wing politicians like Gov. Greg Abbott cynically, dangerously and falsely call “an invasion.”The “God’s Army” convoy was supposed to be a mighty force of 700,000 or more people from every corner of America. It wound up being maybe a couple hundred vehicles parked at a rural ranch in Quemado, Texas – basically a Trump rally without a Trump, but with plenty of hucksters selling MAGA merch and grifting the easily grifted.

Some actually visited the border in nearby Eagle Pass, Texas, and were surprised to not witness the invasion they had been promised. Convoy-goer Misty Gregory told MSNBC: “It’s not what I expected, but then again I don’t know what I expected. I can tell you it’s not as bad as what I thought, so that’s kind of eye-opening in itself.

Abbott and about a dozen other pro-razor-wire GOP governors were in Eagle Pass on Sunday, hollering and whatnot. Some residents said the recent invasion of Trump supporters from the convoy had been downright scary.

This was on vivid display in Texas over the weekend. A much-ballyhooed convoy of MAGA patriots descended on a town near the southern border, ostensibly ready to protect America from what right-wing politicians like Gov. Greg Abbott cynically, dangerously and falsely call “an invasion.”

The “God’s Army” convoy was supposed to be a mighty force of 700,000 or more people from every corner of America. It wound up being maybe a couple hundred vehicles parked at a rural ranch in Quemado, Texas – basically a Trump rally without a Trump, but with plenty of hucksters selling MAGA merch and grifting the easily grifted.

Abbott and about a dozen other pro-razor-wire GOP governors were in Eagle Pass on Sunday, hollering and whatnot. Some residents said the recent invasion of Trump supporters from the convoy had been downright scary.

We are constantly being told that we’re being invaded, and that never felt true until today, when the convoy came to town in anticipation of the governors’ event,” Jessie F. Fuentes told WOAI NBC News Channel 4. “This is political theater by outsiders. The reality is that it has brought dangerous, violent groups into our beautiful, peaceful city. Eagle Pass is safer than most cities in America if you look at crime statistics. This is just a fact. We don’t appreciate these staged events that dramatically misrepresent our reality on the border and that invite extremist groups that pose a real danger to people in our community.
Calling yourself "God's Army" is creepy... sounds more like a cult. I saw a video of a guy getting baptized, and the whole thing was really bizarre, and pathetic. I guess if you're unemployed or barely employed with time on your hands, and really stupid, this gives you something to do.

Huh, so I guess all that data that shows illegal border crossings have more than quadrupled, the skyrocketing opioid deaths, all these Democrat mayors complaining about their cities being over run by illegal aliens are just BS, etc, etc.

This anecdote about Trump supporters congregating in one spot along a nearly 2,000 mile border and not witnessing a constant stream of thousands foreigners crossing over has convinced me. At first I was skeptical, then I read the part about someone selling MAGA hats and another person getting baptized and I knew the border crisis was all a giant scam. It all makes sense now. I bet Governor Abbott is sneaking into Mexico at night, kidnapping random people and bussing them to Chicago, LA and New York.

Good work.

4 republicans voted against impeachment for mayorkas and I completely agree with them. This broader crises will not be solved by replacing one left wing derelict with another.

Waste of time house republicans.

I remain unconvinced there is actually a border crises, or hordes of migrants "invading" our great nation. governors were in Eagle Pass on Sunday, hollering and whatnot. Some residents said the recent invasion of Trump supporters from the convoy had been downright scary.
[/INDENT]Calling yourself "God's Army" is creepy... sounds more like a cult. I saw a video of a guy getting baptized, and the whole thing was really bizarre, and pathetic. I guess if you're unemployed or barely employed with time on your hands, and really stupid, this gives you something to do.

I agree that some of these whack jobs are...well, whack jobs!

As far as the group of MAGA people at the border not witnessing any crossings, maybe the immigrants are smart and know that those MAGA guys don't mess around. The MAGA whack jobs probably pose more of a danger to the illegals than our border patrol agents, who are forced to welcome the immigrants with open arms, free sandwiches, voter registration cards, and Biden pins. ;)

4 republicans voted against impeachment for mayorkas and I completely agree with them. This broader crises will not be solved by replacing one left wing derelict with another.

So you only impeach someone when you can replace them with someone who won't repeat the same mistakes? Maybe that person who replaces the one who's impeached won't repeat the same mistakes because they'll get impeached as well.

There is no magic pill that will fix this. Impeachment is just 1 step amongst many. He is clearly incompetent or worse, intentionally neglecting his duties. He deserves to be fired even if firing him doesn't solve the border problem. The failure of the impeachment is also handing a victory to Biden and Mayorkas as it will be spun as proof that Mayorkas is doing his job.

I see NYC is going to start giving immigrants prepaid debit cards to use. According to the article, a family of 4 could receive $1,000 per month. Seems like a good idea. I'm sure this will cure the problem...that or more people will show up.

Democrat solution to everything...throw taxpayer money at the situation.

https://www.wptv.com/nyc-to-roll-out-53-million-prepaid-card-program-for-migrant-families

They should put them all on a one way bus to Florida or Texas. I hear that's how real patriots and savvy politicians do it.

I see NYC is going to start giving immigrants prepaid debit cards to use. According to the article, a family of 4 could receive $1,000 per month. Seems like a good idea. I'm sure this will cure the problem...that or more people will show up.

https://www.wptv.com/nyc-to-roll-out-53-million-prepaid-card-program-for-migrant-families

FTFA:
Mayor Eric Adams is launching a pilot program that would give 500 migrant families with children, and who are currently residing in hotels leased by the city to accommodate asylum-seekers, prepaid debit cards to buy food and baby supplies.

According to the mayor's strategy, the program, which is run by the New Jersey company Mobility Capital Finance, aims to substitute the existing practice of providing migrants in shelters with non-perishable food boxes.
It's just a pilot program and limited to 500 families, and it's intended to replace the money they're already spending. AND rest assured, going based on how we run welfare programs since they were "reformed" in the 90's, they'll probably get a lot less, and the application procedures will be so complicated and poorly-designed (and maybe even in English only, !WINK WINK!) that none of these poor people will probably get anything. This gives the city an excuse to kick them off the existing rolls, and wash their hands of the whole thing.

So relax! NYC will be free to redistribute that money to some already rich real estate developer or bank in the form of a "subsidy" to "create jobs" or "keep jobs in NYC."

Avg. Republican voters:
"Good. We like to see the rich keep getting richer, because we pretend we're also rich like them, and also we hate brown people."

So you only impeach someone when you can replace them with someone who won't repeat the same mistakes? Maybe that person who replaces the one who's impeached won't repeat the same mistakes because they'll get impeached as well.

Waste of time for as long as Buck is behind the desk and demons in control of the senate.

Come one come all, everything is free illegal migrants treated better than our own poor and homeless.

They should put them all on a one way bus to Florida or Texas. I hear that's how real patriots and savvy politicians do it.

Might work, maybe FL And Texas could then start shipping them all back home to their country of origin.

The border can't be too bad (it is) if using it as an election tool is more important. Gaslight Obstruct Project. Same old song and dance.

GOP says Biden has all the power he needs to control the border.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Build more wall. Reinstate Trump-era immigration policies. Or simply shut down the U.S.-Mexico border.

Congressional Republicans argue that President Joe Biden already has all the authority he needs to halt the flow of migrants through the U.S.-Mexico border. They’re making the claim as a bipartisan deal that the president negotiated with senators to expand his authority is facing near-certain defeat.

Congressional Republicans argue that President Joe Biden already has all the authority he needs to halt the flow of migrants through the U.S.-Mexico border. They’re making the claim as a bipartisan deal that the president negotiated with senators to expand his authority is facing near-certain defeat.

“President Biden needs Congress to be able to address the situation at the border,” said Kathleen Bush-Joseph, a lawyer and policy analyst at the nonpartisan Migration Policy Institute. “That is the simplest way to put it.”

The $118 billion bipartisan proposal in Congress would overhaul the asylum system to provide faster and tougher enforcement, as well as give presidents new powers to immediately expel migrants if authorities become overwhelmed with the number of people applying for asylum. It also would add $20 billion in funding — a huge influx of cash.

The package, which pairs border enforcement policy with wartime aid for Ukraine, Israel and other U.S. allies, would be the most significant immigration legislation in a decade. It has the potential, for better or worse, to transform some of the most vexing border problems. And up until recently, it appeared to have a chance at passing. Donald Trump’s allies are looking to sink the deal in large part because the Republican presidential frontrunner is loathe to give Biden a win on immigration. Trump wants to hammer the president on the issue during the campaign.

“Just months ago, Republicans were asking for this exact bill to deal with the border, to provide support for Ukraine and Israel. And now it’s there. And they’re saying, ‘Nevermind. Nevermind,” Biden said Tuesday.

House Speaker Mike Johnson said Tuesday he would not put the bill on the House floor in its current form, saying it would act as a “magnet” for illegal immigration, the authority to shut down asylum was “riddled with loopholes” and that the release of migrants into the U.S. would only continue.

“If you give extraordinary authority to the very architect of the catastrophe, it will do no good,” Johnson said.

Might work, maybe FL And Texas could then start shipping them all back home to their country of origin.

No, they would've done that in the first place. More political points to score by shipping them to New York, Chicago, or some uppity California neighborhoods.

Back