Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Border chaos

It's just a pilot program and limited to 500 families, and it's intended to replace the money they're already spending. AND rest assured, going based on how we run welfare programs since they were "reformed" in the 90's, they'll probably get a lot less, and the application procedures will be so complicated and poorly-designed (and maybe even in English only, !WINK WINK!) that none of these poor people will probably get anything. This gives the city an excuse to kick them off the existing rolls, and wash their hands of the whole thing.
[/INDENT]

most government run programs are crap.

If the design is to make it more difficult for the migrants, that's actually brilliant. Maybe they will send word back to Mexico that it isn't worth the hassle and to just stay home ;)

No, they would've done that in the first place. More political points to score by shipping them to New York, Chicago, or some uppity California neighborhoods.

They tried that on Martha’s island, the uppities wouldn’t accept that and had em all removed. Uppity hypocrites

The border can't be too bad (it is) if using it as an election tool is more important. Gaslight Obstruct Project. Same old song and dance.

GOP says Biden has all the power he needs to control the border.

Well above and beyond same ol song and dance. It’s a full on invasion

“The so-called “ Remain in Mexico” policy put in place by the Trump administration forced asylum seekers to wait out their claims in Mexico in squalid camps riddled with crime and sickness. But that agreement relies on cooperation from Mexico, and President Andrés Manuel López Obrador is hinting that talks with the U.S. on migration could suffer after reports of a U.S. investigation into suspected drug money donations for his 2006 campaign. On Tuesday he said he finally agreed to meet with a top White House adviser only after he got a call from the president.”

Then get that cooperation with him! Trump managed to get that corporation from Mexico before buck gave it up! He could stop the flow dramatically if wanted to!

Colleen long, go house a migrant!

They should put them all on a one way bus to Florida or Texas. I hear that's how real patriots and savvy politicians do it.

exporting them to the states and municipalities that voted for this seems a lot more savvy than handing them money for breaking the law.

FTFA:
Mayor Eric Adams is launching a pilot program that would give 500 migrant families with children, and who are currently residing in hotels leased by the city to accommodate asylum-seekers, prepaid debit cards to buy food and baby supplies.

According to the mayor's strategy, the program, which is run by the New Jersey company Mobility Capital Finance, aims to substitute the existing practice of providing migrants in shelters with non-perishable food boxes.
It's just a pilot program and limited to 500 families, and it's intended to replace the money they're already spending. AND rest assured, going based on how we run welfare programs since they were "reformed" in the 90's, they'll probably get a lot less, and the application procedures will be so complicated and poorly-designed (and maybe even in English only, !WINK WINK!) that none of these poor people will probably get anything. This gives the city an excuse to kick them off the existing rolls, and wash their hands of the whole thing.

So relax! NYC will be free to redistribute that money to some already rich real estate developer or bank in the form of a "subsidy" to "create jobs" or "keep jobs in NYC."

Avg. Republican voters:
"Good. We like to see the rich keep getting richer, because we pretend we're also rich like them, and also we hate brown people."

I think the average Republican is more likely to say something like "are you on drugs? that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard."

No, they would've done that in the first place. More political points to score by shipping them to New York, Chicago, or some uppity California neighborhoods.

If they tried to deport them, the Biden administration would have them in court before the bus left the depot. Biden can't sue them for sending them across state lines especially when his own administration has been flying them all over the country, dumping them on his political opponents pretty much since day 1.

Don’t send them to my uppity neighborhood. We’re already full up.

Also why would Abbott send them to another border state? Okay, I can guess he hates Newsom - the Gavinator is pretty hateable. Still kinda a bad look. Send them to Detroit - nobody will notice.

Also why would Abbott send them to another border state?

Simple case of not caring about it unless it's someone else's problem. Same as when representatives vote against aid for other states then beg for it when their state needs it. "Fuck you, I got mine."

Okay, I can guess he hates Newsom - the Gavinator is pretty hateable. Still kinda a bad look. Send them to Detroit - nobody will notice.

That's the whole point, he wants people to notice. It's only a bad look to people that would never have voted for him to begin with.

Make a 51 first state and send them there. I'm sure we some extra land for a new state. You could also just seperate California into two states and there you go.

... Still kinda a bad look. Send them to Detroit - nobody will notice.

yeah they will. people will notice there's more Central American restaurants all of the sudden, and 30-somethings from the suburbs with rich parents will try to open Honduran-BBQ fusion gastropubs where the old Tiger Stadium used to be.

yeah they will. people will notice there's more Central American restaurants all of the sudden, and 30-somethings from the suburbs with rich parents will try to open Honduran-BBQ fusion gastropubs where the old Tiger Stadium used to be.

Then you'll ignore all the crime the migrants bring instead focusing on the 30-somethings, accusing them of racism for their appropriation of Honduran culture because that's the real crime...

Saw this on the news this AM.

https://www.cbsnews.com/newyork/new...opened-fire-in-times-square-injuring-tourist/

Some highlights:

The 15 year old suspect arrived in New York from Venezuela less than six months ago and was living at a migrant shelter on the Upper West Side, police said.

A police source told CBS New York that he is also a suspect in a January armed robbery in the Bronx, as well as another shooting in Midtown in which no one was hurt.

Shocking surveillance video showed the moment a shooter, dressed all in white, opened fire on a female security guard inside of JD Sports in Times Square Thursday night.

"The shooting incident in Times Square last night was way beyond reckless," Caban said.

According to police, the gunman and two friends stole clothes and sneakers and were trying to exit the store when a security guard confronted them. The teen in white can be seen on video walking away, and then turning around, pointing a .45 caliber pistol, and firing.

"He shot [at] the NYPD officers who pursued him through the streets of Midtown without a single thought of who he might hit or who he might kill,"

Saw this on the news this AM.

https://www.cbsnews.com/newyork/new...opened-fire-in-times-square-injuring-tourist/

Some highlights:

The 15 year old suspect arrived in New York from Venezuela less than six months ago and was living at a migrant shelter on the Upper West Side, police said.

A police source told CBS New York that he is also a suspect in a January armed robbery in the Bronx, as well as another shooting in Midtown in which no one was hurt.

Shocking surveillance video showed the moment a shooter, dressed all in white, opened fire on a female security guard inside of JD Sports in Times Square Thursday night.

"The shooting incident in Times Square last night was way beyond reckless," Caban said.

According to police, the gunman and two friends stole clothes and sneakers and were trying to exit the store when a security guard confronted them. The teen in white can be seen on video walking away, and then turning around, pointing a .45 caliber pistol, and firing.

"He shot [at] the NYPD officers who pursued him through the streets of Midtown without a single thought of who he might hit or who he might kill,"

OMFG that's shocking!

I'm going to hide under my bed until the government makes all the brown people gone.

Nobody brought up color. Why do you assume he's brown? 25% of Venezuelans are white.

Why are you surprised that he would say that?

The only thing about that monumentally stupid post is that he forgot to remind everyone that cops are the real threat to the community at large and that a 15 year old who shouldn’t be in the country attempts to murder a security guard and a few cops while shoplifting isn’t a danger to any of us. If we just let them steal what they want none of this would have happened.

He’s personally never seen it happen and until he does it’s overblown fear mongering.

OMFG that's shocking!

I'm going to hide under my bed until the government makes all the brown people gone.

You really don’t think that’s shocking? A 15 year old confronted for shoplifting shoots a security guard then, in one of the busiest parts of one of the biggest cities in the country, shoots at cops pursuing him hitting a tourist and your reaction is it’s just a regular Friday in New York and if it bothers you, you’re racist. You’re probably more concerned about what a good guy with a gun might have done and more sympathetic to the shooter being profiled than the tourist nearly killed by his stray bullet.

That’s amazing.

I must be the real racist here, HURRRhurrHURRhurr

That’s well established already. The point I’m making here is that you’re a moron. A 15 year old tries to shoot his way out of getting busted for shoplifting in a crowded tourist area and your reaction is it’s just another Friday in NYC.

Back