Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

buyers or sellers?

Like Miller and Maybin. You take Miggy away and the Tigers become the Lions.

no, you take Lebron away from the Cavs and they become the Pistons. Baseball is different. One guy in the lineup of 9 doesn't make that much of a difference.

no, you take Lebron away from the Cavs and they become the Pistons. Baseball is different. One guy in the lineup of 9 doesn't make that much of a difference.

You honestly think you'd get anything fair for Miggy? I'm talking about young talent that you know is good? Trade a Price who's gone in two months, don't trade a proven stud, under contract for a bunch of maybe's.

Not going to trade the best hitter in Tigers' history since Greenberg. There is still room/time to get good players to compliment him.

You honestly think you'd get anything fair for Miggy? I'm talking about young talent that you know is good? Trade a Price who's gone in two months, don't trade a proven stud, under contract for a bunch of maybe's.

Not for a bunch of maybe's...I said I would trade Miggy for the right package of ML players + a few prospects.

Not for a bunch of maybe's...I said I would trade Miggy for the right package of ML players + a few prospects.

The right players aren't out there. No one trades young ML already studs for aging, but the best, studs. And several okay players aren't good enough.

The right players aren't out there. No one trades young ML already studs for aging, but the best, studs. And several okay players aren't good enough.

probably not...because teams know that it is better to have 2 or 3 good players vs one stud.

probably not...because teams know that it is better to have 2 or 3 good players vs one stud.

That's the point..it doesn't happen. That's why teams trade prospects but that's what they are, just prospects. A bunch of maybe's in a can..

for the right package...sure.

Kaline to the Reds for 3rd year 1B Tony Perez and minor league catcher Johnny Bench!

So now you're clairvoyant? So who are those players right now?

EDIT: And the Tigers kind of had those two positions covered in 1966.

Last edited:
I think we agree. 2 or 3 good players > Miggy

But Miggy>2 or 3 maybe good players. Or did you forget our 2 shining stars before Miggy got here, Miller and Maybin - the M&M boys..

Let me ask you..you're the GM, who would you trade for Miggy, both teams would agree?

So now you're clairvoyant? So who are those players right now?

EDIT: And the Tigers kind of had those two positions covered in 1966.

It was a joke.

As far as who those players are right now. I have no idea. I don't have a lot of knowledge about other teams players, who could be available, etc.

But Miggy>2 or 3 maybe good players. Or did you forget our 2 shining stars before Miggy got here, Miller and Maybin - the M&M boys..

Let me ask you..you're the GM, who would you trade for Miggy, both teams would agree?

I have no idea...how am I supposed to know what another team would or would not agree to?

Would there even be a team interested in a 32 year old that hasn't been that healthy for about 3 years? Oh, and have to pay him between 28-32 mil until he's 40(2023).

Would there even be a team interested in a 32 year old that hasn't been that healthy for about 3 years? Oh, and have to pay him between 28-32 mil until he's 40(2023).

Why wouldn't there be? He was cleaning up this season. 1st time on the DL. Even hurt he's still better than most.

what does this mean?

I'm saying there's 3 ways to go about it..

1. Trade him for another aging star..but why when we already have the better one.
2. Trade him for ML proven stars..but why would they trade young stars for an older star.
3. Trade for unproven prospects..but that's a big big gamble.

That's what I meant.

Bottom line is Miggy could be 32, 28 or even 24..there is no market for such a great hitter. You'd get screwed by trading him..

Back