Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Detroit Tigers 2015-2016 offseason calendar

Looking at his numbers, if Guilmet ever can figure out how to bring his minor league success up to the bigs he'd be a monster.

Just tuned in did not hear all but sounds like. Oreo's offer to Davis 6 years for 150 mills. Could be up to 7/168. Cards could be in the mix, should O's not get him.
MLB Tonight also said Cards offered 190 to Price. And are still talking to Heyward.

http://www.blessyouboys.com/2015/12...s-bovada-predictions-odds-giants-cubs-red-sox

The Tigers' World Series odds are worse after the Winter Meetings, WTF?

13 teams have better odds (11 teams on 2 Nov)

3 other teams, including CLE have the same odds as DET (4 other teams, including CLE on 2 Nov)

So pretty much, now and on 2 Nov, they are/were about in the middle.

The article made a lot of sense when it comes to why the odds are what they are.

Looking at the list...I think there is a lot of value betting the Tigers at 25/1. My reasoning is IF they are in it near the trade deadline we know that Mr I is probably more likely than any other owner to mortgage the future for a chance to win now.

If I were to throw $100 down on a team this is the order in which I would do it.

Tigers @ 25/1
Cardinals @ 16/1
Pirates @ 18/1

The #Tigers appear to be sitting back waiting for Yoenis Cespedes, whose price may be dropping.

while I don't have high hopes for the Tigers I don't put much stock into those projections.

They have the Indians with 85 wins then the next 4 teams have 81,79,79 & 78

I don't think there is any chance the division is that close from top to bottom. I also don't see the Royals finishing 4th. I guess that's why they play the games. I'm ready!

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/tigers-avoid-arbitration-with-lhp-wilson-reach-1-525m-deal-011316
Tigers avoid arbitration with LHP Wilson, reach $1.525M deal.
FoxDetroit

Tigers and infielder Andrew Romine have avoided arbitration, agreeing to a one-year deal worth $900k for 2016. Deal also includes $25k in performance bonuses.

The Tigers and Andrew Romine have avoided arbitration by agreeing to a one-year deal worth $900K, reports Jon Heyman (on Twitter). That figure clears Swartz?s projection by $200K. Romine, who can earn more via playing time incentives (per MLB.com?s Jason Beck, on Twitter), will split utility infield duties with free-agent pickup Mike Aviles this season. The 30-year-old batted .255/.307/.315 in 203 plate appearances last year.
MLBtraderumors

So it is very obvious that management is hell bent on trying to compete this year with total disregard for the future. If that is the case I say they try to trade for Lucroy. The Brewers are in re-build mode...maybe they would take McCann and a pitching prospect. He hits lefties and righties equally well (.350 OBP & .792 OPS) can take a walk and has better away numbers than home.

He wants a trade to a contender.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/14604916/jonathan-lucroy-milwaukee-brewers-hoping-trade-contender

Back