Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Detroit Tigers 2015-2016 offseason calendar

Maybe he didn't get the memo that he can spend more of Mike I's money.

So far is this what the team looks like?

Starters

JV
Zimmerman
Sanchez
Pelfrey
Lobstien (?)

Pen

Wison
Hardy
Verhagen
Ryan?
Lowe
Rodriguez

Lineup

1 Maybin
2 Kinsler
3 Miggy
4 JD
5 Vmart
6 Nick
7 Iggy
8 McCann
9 Gose

As of now it looks pretty shitty to me. Still need a lead off batter, corner OF, very weak at C, haven't solved the BP, weak at CF, weak at 3B, no bench yet.

So far is this what the team looks like?

Starters

JV
Zimmerman
Sanchez
Pelfrey
Lobstien (?)

Pen

Wison
Hardy
Verhagen
Ryan?
Lowe
Rodriguez

Lineup

1 Maybin
2 Kinsler
3 Miggy
4 JD
5 Vmart
6 Nick
7 Iggy
8 McCann
9 Gose

As of now it looks pretty shitty to me. Still need a lead off batter, corner OF, very weak at C, haven't solved the BP, weak at CF, weak at 3B, no bench yet.

I think they will go with Norris as their 5th starter. Maybin will split in LF with Collins, or CF with Gose.

Pen (will be 7 most of the season)

Rodriquez
Lowe
Rondon
Hardy
Wilson
Ryan
Farmer

Bench
Salty
Maybin/Collins/Gose
Romine
Machado

I think they will go with Norris as their 5th starter. Maybin will split in LF with Collins, or CF with Gose.

Pen (will be 7 most of the season)

Rodriquez
Lowe
Rondon
Hardy
Wilson
Ryan
Farmer

Bench
Salty
Maybin/Collins/Gose
Romine
Machado

thanks

it doesn't make me feel any better about it though. A ton of holes in that lineup, terrible catching situation, terrible bench. Looks like a sub .500 team to me

Brewers are at least entertaining offers on Lucroy. Sounds like they want to keep him but I am sure he could be had for the right offer. He is owed 9.25 million over the next 2 years. I wonder if teams would be interested in Mccann??

Brewers are at least entertaining offers on Lucroy. Sounds like they want to keep him but I am sure he could be had for the right offer. He is owed 9.25 million over the next 2 years. I wonder if teams would be interested in Mccann??

I have Lucroy as the second best catcher after Posey. Getting him would be a steal. His actual salary is $4.25 Mil in 2016 and $5.25 Mil Club Option in 2017 ($.25 Mil buyout).

At 29, you could get him and work on a longer extension. I would trade McCann and Norris without a blink of an eye.

You think Rondon will be back?

I mean let's face it, it's not like he was much good even without whatever attitude problem he seems to have.

I have Lucroy as the second best catcher after Posey. Getting him would be a steal. His actual salary is $4.25 Mil in 2016 and $5.25 Mil Club Option in 2017 ($.25 Mil buyout).

At 29, you could get him and work on a longer extension. I would trade McCann and Norris without a blink of an eye.

No way would I make this trade. This how the Tigers have stayed into there bad farm system in the first place. Trades of 3 for1,2 for 1 and so forth. Really the Cabrera 6 for 2 trade really has not been as great as some think. We have gone too ONE series with 20 mill + Cabrera. Yea the Triple Crown was full. But where are the Series Flags, Rings, Trophy. To win year in and year out you got to build young cheap and talent, a group that fits together r.
IMHO a farm system works best. The best trades are for a solid player of need that your team does not have in the system. I am not in love with McCann. In fact Avila stats pro rated out to as good as McCann's. Take AA stats times 3 and you get J.M./A.A;AB, 395>384;runs, 31< 57;2B, 17>12;3b 5/none, ouch; HR, 7< 12; RBI, 39 >36. Tigers getting 28 more runs out Avila could have made a difference in some games. In fact pro rate Holaday's stats out times 7 too McCann. The 28 2b'ss,14 HR's, 91 Rbi's. Give both JM & AA; a run for the money.
Of course that's is why stats are miss leading. small samples can be taken out of reality.
But back to the point I think the Tigers all ready have a plan that needs to develop. Lucroy isn't that good to make that trade imo.

Last edited:
No way would I make this trade. This how the Tigers have stayed into there bad farm system in the first place. Trades of 3 for1,2 for 1 and so forth. Really the Cabrera 6 for 2 trade really has not been as great as some think. We have gone too ONE series with 20 mill + Cabrera. Yea the Triple Crown was full. But where are the Series Flags, Rings, Trophy. To win year in and year out you got to build young cheap and talent, a group that fits together r.
IMHO a farm system works best. The best trades are for a solid player of need that your team does not have in the system. I am not in love with McCann. In fact Avila stats pro rated out to as good as McCann's. Take AA stats times 3 and you get J.M./A.A;AB, 395>384;runs, 31< 57;2B, 17>12;3b 5/none, ouch; HR, 7< 12; RBI, 39 >36. Tigers getting 28 more runs out Avila could have made a difference in some games. In fact pro rate Holaday's stats out times 7 too McCann. The 28 2b'ss,14 HR's, 91 Rbi's. Give both JM & AA; a run for the money.
Of course that's is why stats are miss leading. small samples can be taken out of reality.
But back to the point I think the Tigers all ready have a plan that needs to develop. Lucroy isn't that good to make that trade imo.

It's easy to only look at offensive #'s and wonder why a trade for Lucroy would make any sense. You have to take a catchers defense into consideration. How many runs per year would Lucroy prevent versus McCann? We can't see the future but based on past years performances I am going to go out on a limb and guess he would save a lot more than any catcher currently in our system. Reb has shown time and time again how Avila handled the pitching staff better, and Lucroy is up there in the top tier as far as defensive metrics. Defensive metrics get no love on TV. Only BA, HR, RBI.

Lucroy Last 3 years Away

.296 BAVG .355 OBP .466 SLG .821 OPS

He is 2nd in offensive stats the last 3 years away and 4th in defensive metrics. Total, he ranks out as the second best catcher in all of baseball. To say he isn't that good is just silly.

One thing is for sure, there will be at least 14 different players making the 2016 Opening Day roster and all 7 of the bullpen will be different and 3 of the 5 starting pitchers (if Greene doesn't make it). That would be 10 of the 12 pitchers.

One thing is for sure, there will be at least 14 different players making the 2016 Opening Day roster and all 7 of the bullpen will be different and 3 of the 5 starting pitchers (if Greene doesn't make it). That would be 10 of the 12 pitchers.

WOW...that is a HUGE change

Back