Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Election Aftermath

I realize you're not the partisan hack SOME Conservatives are (with a Capital "C"), but when I read a comment like this, where were you on this issue when the National Guard killed four kids at Kent State for protesting the invasion of Cambodia, or any of the other countless instances of Americans paying some price for protesting any of our insane interventions (which in hindsight is basically all of them going back to 1950)? I'm genuinely curious.

An unnecessary tragedy, even as I perceived when it happened when I was 13. (Your reference on this particular date is not lost on me). And shooting unarmed students is, on its face, obviously inexcusable.

(They were right to protest the expansion in Cambodia, by the way... that was a disaster. Our intervention there lead directly to the Khmer Rouge taking over. Even Nixon - it's been revealed, called the CIA out for badly miscalculating how to intervene there - "What the hell do those clowns do out there in Langley?").

Having read a few links on the topic, there was considerable mayhem and destruction organized and completed by protesters in the town and on campus, over a period of four days, including the razing of the ROTC building on May 4th.

An unnecessary tragedy, even as I perceived when it happened when I was 13. (Your reference on this particular date is not lost on me). And shooting unarmed students is, on its face, obviously inexcusable.

Having read a few links on the topic, there was considerable mayhem and destruction organized and completed by protesters in the town and on campus, over a period of four days, including the razing of the ROTC building on May 4th.

You may find this thread interesting.

Strong paper trail underlying the allegations a wannabe cop-student/informant/provocateur named Terry Norman fired the first shot, possibly provoking the National Guard fire. And the FBI was all over both sides of the issue, including really hamming up the ROTC thing and trying to conflate it with the shooting to excuse the murders.

I honestly didn't know it was today when I posted that, so I can't take credit for it; came to mind because I read the article on Cambodia in Wikipedia's "On This Day" feature a couple days ago.

Jerry Casale of the band DEVO was a student there at the time, and he gave some (really depressing) interviews that included the information that for weeks afterward, bands of redneck Ohioans from the surrounding area would cruise campus looking to pick fights with and beat up students, and polls showed over half of the non-Kent St affiliated population in the area approved of the shootings, or otherwise blamed the students themselves.

That's kinda my proxy for the percentage of Americans that are either rotten human beings or easily swayed by government propaganda to being rotten.

Pretty depressing... but that's where I am now, these days in my thinking on such things

I imagine the Feds arresting a member of congress means they have ironclad charges.

Rep. George Santos charged in web of fraud, including stealing from campaign to buy designer clothes

CENTRAL ISLIP, N.Y. (AP) ? U.S. Rep. George Santos, the New York Republican infamous for fabricating key parts of his life story, has been indicted on charges that he embezzled money from his campaign, lied to Congress about his income and cheated his way into undeserved unemployment benefits, prosecutors said Wednesday.

The indictment says Santos induced supporters to donate to a company under the false pretense that the money would be used to support his campaign. Instead, it says, he used it for personal expenses, including to buy designer clothes and to pay his credit cards and car payments.

Santos also is accused of lying about his finances on congressional disclosure forms and applying for and receiving unemployment benefits while he was employed as regional director of an investment firm that the government shut down in 2021 over allegations that it was a Ponzi scheme.

Last edited:
I imagine the Feds arresting a member of congress means they have ironclad charges.

Rep. George Santos charged in web of fraud, including stealing from campaign to buy designer clothes

Probably ironclad. Given their track record there's no reason to believe they would ever do anything like this or investigate a candidate for president without really solid evidence of wrong doing. It's probably why they're not going after Biden. I'm sure things would be different if they had classified documents at his private office or residence or a laptop with tons of incriminating evidence on it. The feds are an evidence based organization that only goes where the facts take them.

Last edited:
I thought a guy like Santos would have figured this out, but apparently not... you want to commit fraud in this country, you gotta go BIG: like 20+ years of taking millions of dollars in handouts for you, your wife and "special nephew," from a shady billionaire (sorry, for the redundancy there) and who knows who else, WITHOUT ever disclosing any of that.

And you absolutely cannot say stuff like this. The only people in this country who can really burn someone for fucking with them are defense contractors/their check-writers in the Pentagon.

Disclosure: Just based on his twitter feed, and that other Republicans hate him, which is all I really know about him, I actually kinda like George Santos.

I would vote for a Trump/Santos ticket over Biden/Harris.

I still wouldn't vote for Trump/Santos, but over those two, and many other democrats, sure.

Probably ironclad. Given their track record there's no reason to believe they would ever do anything like this or investigate a candidate for president without really solid evidence of wrong doing. It's probably why they're not going after Biden. I'm sure things would be different if they had classified documents at his private office or residence or a laptop with tons of incriminating evidence on it. The feds are an evidence based organization that only goes where the facts take them.

This is pretty funny.

I guess we?ll see what they have on Santos.

He?s already admitted to some pretty hinky shit.

This is pretty funny.

I guess we?ll see what they have on Santos.

He?s already admitted to some pretty hinky shit.

I have no idea what the charges are and am not following it due to having about as much interest in the case as I have trust in the FBI/DOJ. I just thought it was a good setup to make fun of the government and some of the shady stuff they do.

I have no idea what the charges are and am not following it due to having about as much interest in the case as I have trust in the FBI/DOJ. I just thought it was a good setup to make fun of the government and some of the shady stuff they do.

Yeah, I got it.

That?s why I said it was funny.

Our imperfect union is better than both anarchy and totalitarianism.

But it sure ain?t perfect.

But what is?

The "players" are lining up for 2024, and we'll see which are chosen by the Oligarchy to "run" for president. The republic is dead, so it matters not who is "selected" any more.

America hating terrorist and traitor Stewart Rhodes sentenced to 18 years in prison for trying to overthrow our Democracy on a January 6th, 2021. Traitor got off light.

"Today's sentences reflect the grave threat the actions of these defendants posed to our democratic institutions," said Attorney General Merrick Garland. "The Justice Department will continue to do everything in our power to hold accountable those criminally responsible for the January 6th attack on our democracy."​

I would like to know the actual facts and all the circumstances about the OKC Bombing, and in Garland's suspected role in suppressing them.

Many of our elected and appointed officials who have merited trials for crimes uncharged are the ones who identify the threats to our "democracy."

Last edited:
America hating terrorist and traitor Stewart Rhodes sentenced to 18 years in prison for trying to overthrow our Democracy on a January 6th, 2021. Traitor got off light.

Light? 18 years is an awfully long time for trespassing...

Last edited:

the Judge in the case: ?He was the one giving the orders,? Mehta said. ?He was the one organizing the teams that day. He was the reason they were in fact in Washington DC. Oath Keepers wouldn?t have been there but for Stewart Rhodes, I don?t think anyone contends otherwise. He was the one who gave the order to go, and they went.?

I thought it was Trump's fault?

The "overthrow" transpired more than 100 years ago. And We, the People, deserve the tyranny we have permitted to subsist.

Some, it seems, are willing subjects. Others are not.

the Judge in the case: ?He was the one giving the orders,? Mehta said. ?He was the one organizing the teams that day. He was the reason they were in fact in Washington DC. Oath Keepers wouldn?t have been there but for Stewart Rhodes, I don?t think anyone contends otherwise. He was the one who gave the order to go, and they went.?

I thought it was Trump's fault?

Don't they have a right to be there and to protest? What exactly is criminal about any of that? Sure, you can charge them for going inside, property damage and assault where appropriate, but giving an order to go and going doesn't seem like much of a crime.

Last edited:
Don't they have a right to be there and to protest? What exactly is criminal about any of that? Sure, you can charge them for going inside, property damage and assault where appropriate, but giving an order to go and going doesn't seem like much of a crime.

when the result of them breaching the property led to 5 deaths, that seems like a crime.

when the result of them breaching the property led to 5 deaths, that seems like a crime.

except they didn't lead to 5 deaths - that myth has been pretty thoroughly debunked. And even if they did, they should be charged with something specific to those deaths.

except they didn't lead to 5 deaths - that myth has been pretty thoroughly debunked. And even if they did, they should be charged with something specific to those deaths.

yes...I do remember some of those being of natural causes. I think they tried to pin 5 additional police officer deaths on the riot. I think 2 committed suicide and another had a stroke??

Anyway, I am all for people that riot being held accountable for what happens due to their decision. I don't care if it's a bunch of right wing nut jobs rioting because they think the election was stolen, or a bunch of black lives matter assholes rioting because some police officer shoots an "innocent" black guy. IMO, they all deserve to be in jail.

yes...I do remember some of those being of natural causes. I think they tried to pin 5 additional police officer deaths on the riot. I think 2 committed suicide and another had a stroke??

Anyway, I am all for people that riot being held accountable for what happens due to their decision. I don't care if it's a bunch of right wing nut jobs rioting because they think the election was stolen, or a bunch of black lives matter assholes rioting because some police officer shoots an "innocent" black guy. IMO, they all deserve to be in jail.

I agree with this 100%, but that's not what he was convicted of or sentenced for. This insurrection stuff is a bunch of BS, it was a riot at worst. They should be fined for property damage, sentenced to probation or maybe a short jail term but 18 years for what is most likely an FBI operation is a joke. Just like the guys who are in prison for the FBI orchestrated BS kidnapping attempt on Gov Whitmer. There are a few FBI agents and senior officers that probably deserve 18yrs+ for setting up the rubes in michigan and a few that should lose their jobs and possibly go to jail for the manufactured BS around Jan 6.

and none of those cops died from anything that happened on Jan 6. Ashley Babbit is the only person that was murdered in the mostly peaceful insurrection.

Last edited:
Back