Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Fielder for Kinsler trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

lol...read the last part of the article then read who wrote it.

"If the Tigers move Miguel Cabrera to first base, which they will likely do, and if Mark Teixeira of the Yankees is healthy in 2014, Fielder will have some serious competition for the title of best first baseman in the league. But, for now, that honor goes to Fielder"

Brian Honea is a freelance writer based in Dallas, Texas, and a lifelong follower of the Texas Rangers.

lol...read the last part of the article then read who wrote it.

"If the Tigers move Miguel Cabrera to first base, which they will likely do, and if Mark Teixeira of the Yankees is healthy in 2014, Fielder will have some serious competition for the title of best first baseman in the league. But, for now, that honor goes to Fielder"

Brian Honea is a freelance writer based in Dallas, Texas, and a lifelong follower of the Texas Rangers.

I am observant Tom, I saw who wrote the article. It would be no less than a Tiger writer making claims about Kinsler. Just because some sportwriter puts it in print does not make it so.

Also, IMHO, Teixeira isn't even in the top 5 for the AL for offense.

1. Cabrera
2. Napoli
3. E. Encarnacion
4. Fielder
5. Pujols
6. C. Davis
7. Teixeira
8. Swisher
9. Konerko
10. Hosmer

I am observant Tom, I saw who wrote the article. It would be no less than a Tiger writer making claims about Kinsler. Just because some sportwriter puts it in print does not make it so.

Also, IMHO, Teixeira isn't even in the top 5 for the AL for offense.

1. Cabrera
2. Napoli
3. E. Encarnacion
4. Fielder
5. Pujols
6. C. Davis
7. Teixeira
8. Swisher
9. Konerko
10. Hosmer

I wasn't calling you out or anything...I just quoted the article.

This a fucking terrible trade. Kinsler is a hack outside of Texas.

Kinsler Career

Home = .304 BAVG .387 OBP .511 SLG .898 OPS 9.32 PA/BB

Away = .242 BAVG .312 OBP .399 SLG .710 OPS 12.12 PA/BB

Last 3 years

Home = .294 BAVG .380 OBP .492 SLG .872 OPS

Away = .231 BAVG .303 OBP .387 SLG .690 OPS

Another anti Ian Kinsler post by Rebbiv.

Notice how he uses batting avg in this post?

I thought its all about the OPS in which was .808 for his career. He says nothing about HR's or WAR.

Rebbiv cherry picked certain stats to try and make everyone on this board think Kinsler sucks

A. Kinsler is and will be a below average 2B

B. Where is our lefty power bat now that Fielder is gone?

Kinsler was never Below average? A 2nd baseman with a career OPS of .805?

2014 he is the 2nd ranked 2B only behind Altuve

But whether it was this deal or another deal, there was nothing that said we couldn't get better value.

Many of you make it seem like this was the only opportunity for the rest of his contract to trade Fielder. A team like the Yankees would have traded us someone (Gardner?) for Fielder, especially if we are kicking in $30 Mil.

I am not against trading Fielder. I am actually all for it. I just am against getting an aging, overrated, overpaid and injury risk player in Kinsler.

Kinsler was on a short list of mine that I didn't ever want to see in a Tiger's uniform. The Tigers absolutely have issues scoring runs on the road and Kinsler does not help here. In fact, he is going to be a liability.

Kinsler has 2 less runs on the road than at home as of 7- 3 - 2014. He also has 2 less games played.

41 games played at home 30 runs scored

39 games played away 28 runs scored

home and away OPS .826

What do runs scored have to do with anything?

Bat me in front of Cabrera, Vmart and JD and I'll score a shitload too.

Kinsler was never Below average? A 2nd baseman with a career OPS of .805?

2014 he is the 2nd ranked 2B only behind Altuve

i've been bitchslapping him on this trade all year.

i remember him saying Infante and Kinsler are a push. ROFLMFAO.

he's a fraud. every move the Tigers make sucks. no credit for anything good they've done.

Last edited:
Another anti Ian Kinsler post by Rebbiv.

Notice how he uses batting avg in this post?

I thought its all about the OPS in which was .808 for his career. He says nothing about HR's or WAR.

Rebbiv cherry picked certain stats to try and make everyone on this board think Kinsler sucks

Those are Kinsler's stats, right?

I use BAVG for moron's like you that want to use counting stats like HRs, Runs and RBIs.

Why is it you are only around talking smack when Kinsler is hitting great? Hmmm. I wonder if I should dig up some of your posts were you stated Lombardozzi was and All Star and that you guaranteed Hamilton would be Rookie of the Year.

I really must have hurt your pussy for you to have such a vendetta against me.

The numbers don't lie. Don't kill the messenger if you don't like the message. And yes, Kinsler is have a career/fluke season. Good for him and the Tigers. But it still doesn't change his away splits for the 3 years before this one. And, wee still have 81 games left to play in this one and another 4 years of him.

he's a fraud. every move the Tigers make sucks. no credit for anything good they've done.

Talk about being full of one's self.

And yes, for the last 3 year's performance. Kinsler and Infante were a push. Get over it or prove were the numbers are wrong.

Last edited:

I use BAVG for moron's like you that want to use counting stats like HRs, Runs and RBIs.

Why is it you are only around talking smack when Kinsler is hitting great? Hmmm. I wonder if I should dig up some of your posts were you stated Lombardozzi was and All Star and that you guaranteed Hamilton would be Rookie of the Year.

The numbers don't lie. Don't kill the messenger if you don't like the message. And yes, Kinsler is have a career/fluke season. Good for him and the Tigers. But it still doesn't change his away splits for the 3 years before this one. And, wee still have 81 games left to play in this one and another 4 years of him.

You just hate one of our own players, plain and simple. A true Tigers fan would accept the fact that Kinsler is a world class 2nd baseman and is a Detroit Tiger. Just like when Chris Chelios became a Red Wing

Ian Kinsler's last 3 years in Texas, he was forced to constantly pull the ball over and over by the coke head Ron Washington. While he can pull the ball that is not the true strength of a world class professional hitter like Kinsler.

The .805 Career OPS that Kinsler has is a number that just doesn't lie!!!!! This season is not a fluke. Don't kill the messanger, and don't split hairs on his home away stats. OPS is the single most important number that everyone in baseball uses. Also I guess 8 1/2 years means nothing because of his previous 3 years away stats? Do you know how ridiculous that sounds? Your either the most stubborn or the dumbest poster on this board which is it?

Your not a true Tigers fan if you root against certain players that are Tigers. You are a traiter. Picking fights on this board for no reason with good respected posters.

You split hairs on stats that mean very little

The typical model to go by on a player is last 3 years complete stats not just away alone. You are so caught up in this that it has effected your judgement on players.

Perfect example Chase Headley might be the worst 3B I have ever seen in my life. He had 1 good year in 2012 and that is it.If you wanna cry about ballpark factor in San Diego, he had 5 more HR's on the road(18) than at home(13) in 2012. While yes the ballpark sucks to hit in, good players make adjustments like Kinsler has to Comerica Park. Bottom line if your a good hitter you will have good numbers in the park you play in. Going From Globe life park in Arlington to Comerica Park Kinsler has not missed a beat.

You put Chase Headley up on a pedestal like he is an elite 3B. News flash he sucks. Just because Headley has above average OBP DOESN'T MAKE HIM AN ELITE 3B.

Also Headley has 3 straight years of declining numbers. Which means he is a player in DECLINE.

Last edited:

I never said Lombardozzi was an all star. All stars are nothing but a popularity contest anyway . I seen his numbers in the minors were really good. I thought if he had a chance to play full time he would put those numbers up in the majors.

I still stand by Billy Hamilton R.O.Y. statement. The guy is absolutely awesome.

Infante is garbage and is overpaid

You really don't think that hitting in one of the best hitter's park in all of baseball hasn't skewed Kinsler's numbers?

I don't hate Kinsler. But to give him a lame excuse that the manager had him hit a certain way is just that, lame. And least we forget that Headley was hurt in 2011 and 213

Career Home versus Career Away

Kinsler .896 OPS vs .717 OPS = + .181
N. Cruz .898 OPS vs .766 OPS = + .132

Headley .700 OPS vs .804 OPS = - .104
B. Posey .790 OPS vs .910 OPS = - .120

Last 3 Years Home versus Away

Kinsler .872 OPS vs .690 OPS = + .182
N. Cruz .886 OPS vs .731 OPS = + .155

Headley .760 OPS vs .848 OPS = - .088
B. Posey .848 OPS vs .893 OPS = - .045

I guess park factors should never ever be considered. And Washington only forced Kinsler to pull the ball away from Arlington. Yup. Go with that answer.

Ichirio Suzuki since arriving with the Yankees in 2012

Home .307 BAVG .347 OBP .424 SLG .771 OPS 23 SB 2 CS

Away .258 BAVG .290 OBP .314 SLG .604 OPS 16 SB 9 CS

Damn....now I am hating on Nelson Cruz and Ichiro Suzuki.

Last edited:
You really don't think that hitting in one of the best hitter's park in all of baseball hasn't skewed Kinsler's numbers?

I don't hate Kinsler. But to give him a lame excuse that the manager had him hit a certain way is just that, lame. And least we forget that Headley was hurt in 2011 and 213

Career Home versus Career Away

Kinsler .896 OPS vs .717 OPS = + .181
N. Cruz .898 OPS vs .766 OPS = + .132

Headley .700 OPS vs .804 OPS = - .104
B. Posey .790 OPS vs .910 OPS = - .120

Last 3 Years Home versus Away

Kinsler .872 OPS vs .690 OPS = + .182
N. Cruz .886 OPS vs .731 OPS = + .155

Headley .760 OPS vs .848 OPS = - .088
B. Posey .848 OPS vs .893 OPS = - .045

I guess park factors should never ever be considered. And Washington only forced Kinsler to pull the ball away from Arlington. Yup. Go with that answer.

Ichirio Suzuki since arriving with the Yankees in 2012

Home .307 BAVG .347 OBP .424 SLG .771 OPS 23 SB 2 CS

Away .258 BAVG .290 OBP .314 SLG .604 OPS 16 SB 9 CS

Damn....now I am hating on Nelson Cruz and Ichiro Suzuki.

I have watched MLB for 4 years now. Going by what the Texas announcers on the Texas feed in his last 2 years. Why would they lie?

I have watched MLB for 4 years now. Going by what the Texas announcers on the Texas feed in his last 2 years. Why would they lie?

Really?

You don't know why an organizations broadcasters would paint it's players as always positive?

Have you ever heard our guys talk about Coke or Kelly? Why would they lie?

Why exactly do we give a fuck about his home v away numbers again? The guy is playing awesome and fielder sucks ass and is injured. There is no debate here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back