Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 14: Broncos @ Lions *Saturday Night* Thread

Jahmyr Gibbs and David Montgomery are making Lions history.

This is the first time the team has EVER had two players with 750+ rushing yards in the same season.

I?d like to see them mix Gibbs and Montgomery in the game at the same time they might be unstoppable with such a scheme

I agree it would be a neat variation. I have this old nfl board game called NFL strategy Football. I remember one of the plays is called 88 A & B Divide where both backs went out on routes like the one Gibbs scored on . You could run so many different plays with two backs.
Im not advocating using it every play but you could have something with both backs. You just so not see many 2 back sets anymore in todays game.

https://images.app.goo.gl/PBh1imYs9vL6ojA28

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/4831/nfl-strategy

This is the first time the team has EVER had two players with 750+ rushing yards in the same season.

Didn?t Bobby Lane and that other old dead guy do that in the 50s? Norman Cash, or something?

Didn?t Bobby Lane and that other old dead guy do that in the 50s? Norman Cash, or something?

TinselWolverine,
Bobby Layne was the Lion's QB in the 50's and Norm Cash was the Tiger's 1B in the '60's and early 70's. Both had one thing in common, they liked their alcohol 80 proof.

Bears about to lose after being up double digits again in the 4th.

Gb loses.

Good day.

The Lions have totaled 19 wins over the last two seasons.

This ties for the most victories the team has had in a two-season span.

Lions TE Sam laporta (758) passed WR Calvin Johnson jr (756) for the 3rd-most receiving yards a rookie has produced in franchise history.

Lions TE Sam laporta's 8 receiving TDs tie WR Roy Williams (2004) for the most TD receptions in a season by a rookie in franchise history, regardless of position.

The only rookie TE in NFL history to produce at least 70 receptions, 700 receiving yards and 8 receiving TDs in a season.

The most receiving TDs by a rookie TE in NFL history:
1. 12, Mike Ditka, 1961
2. 10, Rob Gronkowski, 2010
3t. 9, Lions TE Sam laporta, 2023
3t. 9, Junior Miller, 1980

The only rookies in Lions history to produce 1,000+ scrimmage yards and 7 TDs in a season:
Jahmyr Gibbs (2023)
Kevin Smith (2008)
Barry Sanders (1989)
Billy Sims (1980)

Among all #NFL QBs since 2017, Lions QB Jared Goff ranks:
- 1st in passing yards (28,492)
- 1st in passing 1st downs (1,397)
- 1st in 20+ yard completions (397)
- 2nd in completions (2,473)
- 6th in passing TDs (176)

The first QB in Lions history to throw for 25+ TDs in consecutive seasons.
Lions QB Jared Goff tied the franchise record with 5 TD passes.

The only QBs to tally three games with 4+ TD passes for the Lions:
Jared Goff
Matthew Stafford
Bobby Layne

With 90 receptions on the season, Lions WR Amon-Ra St. Brown joins Odell Beckham Jr. and Michael Thomas as the only three players in
NFL history to record 90 receptions in each of their first three-career seasons.

Lions WR Amon-Ra St. Brown has now passed Odell Beckham Jr. and Jarvis Landry (288) for the fourth-most receptions through three-career seasons in NFL history.

Lions WR Amon-Ra St.Brown has set a single-season career-high with seven touchdown receptions in 2023.
He has produced at least four receptions in 18-straight home games, extending his franchise record.

The Lions have scored 48 TDs this season.
This is the most TDs the franchise has logged through the first 14 games of any season.

The Lions are the only team in the NFL to have four players with 7+ TDs this season:
David Montgomery
Sam laporta
Jahmyr Gibbs
Amon-Ra St.Brown

The Lions offense ranks:
- 2nd in rushing yards
- 2nd in 20+ yard plays
- t-2nd in 20+ yard TDs
- 3rd in total net yards
- 3rd in yards/play
- 3rd in TDs
- t-3rd in passing TDs
- 4th in net passing yards
- 4th in points
- 4th in first downs
- 4th in rushing TDs

Last edited:
We're going to end up playing the Rams and Matthew Stafford in the playoffs aren't we?

Teams in wildcard hunt schedules. Current playoff seed.
#1 SF 11-3
#2 Phil 10-3
#3 Det 10-4

#4 Tampa bay 7-7 (Currently division leader)
Jags
Saints
@ Panthers

#5 Dallas 10-4

#6 Vikings 7-7
Lions
Packers
@ Lions

#7 Rams 7-7
Saints
@ NYG
@ SF

#8 Saints 7-7
@ Rams
@ Bucs
Atlanta

#9 Seattle 6-7
Philadelphia
@ Titans
Pittsburgh
@ cardinals

#10 Atlanta 6-8
Colts
Bears
@ Saints

#10 Green Bay 6-8
@ Panthers
@ Vikings
Bears.

Last edited:

I'd have thought Farr-Taylor or Owens-Taylor would have done this. Looking it up, both came close, especially Owens-Taylor.

So did Taylor - Bussey

Last edited:
We're going to end up playing the Rams and Matthew Stafford in the playoffs aren't we?

Here a couple of scenarios however unlikely. bleh

Stafford first round
Patrica (Philly) Second round
Gym Shorts (Browns) in SB

-Or-

What happens if Stafford ends up winning a playoff game in Detroit before the Lions do?

Last edited:

I hope not. It's not because I like Stafford......I just don't want the week leading up to our first home playoff game since 1993 to be ALL ABOUT Stafford back in Detroit. Stafford for Goff. Stafford gets a ring. Stafford and his wife still LOVE the city of Detroit......blah blah blah.....

Did you know Matthew Stafford grew up playing baseball with Clayton Kershaw?

Also, we don't have anyone that can cover Kupp or Nacua.

Last edited:
Back