Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

I don't want to hear it...

Lions QB, Red Wings goalie. The two possibly worst positions to play in Detroit sports as far as scrutiny. I agree with tony. Give me wins over gaudy passing stats.

And Stafford is NEVER going to get credit as long as guys like Manning, Brady, and Brees are playing, so, might as well...JUST WIN BABY!!!

Lions QB, Red Wings goalie. The two possibly worst positions to play in Detroit sports as far as scrutiny. I agree with tony. Give me wins over gaudy passing stats.

And Stafford is NEVER going to get credit as long as guys like Manning, Brady, and Brees are playing, so, might as well...JUST WIN BABY!!!

The third worst job in Detroit is the manager of the Tigers, No matter what you do its wrong.

I like Staff and he is the best QB the Lions have had in a long time. I have seen many people want him gone but the problem then is if you let him go you now need a QB and ones with Staff's abilities arent there that often. The college QB's now are mostly spread guys who struggle big time in the NFL because their mobility arent as big of asset.

The third worst job in Detroit is the manager of the Tigers, No matter what you do its wrong.

I like Staff and he is the best QB the Lions have had in a long time. I have seen many people want him gone but the problem then is if you let him go you now need a QB and ones with Staff's abilities arent there that often. The college QB's now are mostly spread guys who struggle big time in the NFL because their mobility arent as big of asset.

He got out dueled by Stanton like a month ago.

Yes, like Russel Wilson. He just torched Arizona's great defense.. And tbh, the "the best we've had in a long time" is tiring. Just upgrade the defense and get a cheap game manager. Because that's pretty much what he's become.

I remember a time when Tony didn't wear rose colored glasses and didn't drink Honolulu blue Kool-aid. What happened to that Tony?

Pretty darned accurate.

Four teams are going home in the first round of the playoffs. If the Lions are one of them, it will be "See, I knew it. They were pretenders". If the Lions aren't one of them, it will be 'We got lucky enough for the defense to save us, they are still pretenders".

I am not sure even a playoff win reverses the fan sentiment.

Seems to me our Lions are destined to be the "luckiest" 11 win team in the history of football, and could even be the "luckiest" 12 win team in history before it's over.

If everything is 100 percent perfect, there's no reason to have a message board. We would just be talking about how flawless this team is.

Everyone is happy that the Lions are 11-4. But let's not turn a blind eye to some of the glaring issues on this team, one of which could be a huge issue on the biggest stage.

And if you don't want people talking about Stafford, don't preemptively start a thread about it to tell us not to. That's like a girl who is ashamed of her big ass wearing yoga pants.

Last edited:
This is how I see it. The coaching staff recognized Staffords biggest weakness was untimely interceptions. They play a conservative offense, to keep the turnovers at a minimum, and hope our offensive weapons will be good enough to consistently move the ball. The defense really took off this year, maybe a lot better than the coaching staff thought, so they have a reason to keep the offense conservative, because they keep winning with defense. If they get behind big(Atlanta, New Orleans), they open the offense up, hope Stafford doesn't turn it over, and keep relying on the defense to turn the game around.

Article is spot on Ron... Caldwell and his staff give them credit... Matt has cut way down on his turnovers this year.... But yesterdays first half was bad for Matt... At least he owned up to it which is nice to see from Matt...

Last edited:
So I'm suppose to be "Oh man that Matt Stafford is good and this team is a success year after year" without ever winning a playoff game? BS.

If the NFL is going to keep on raising contracts and raising ticket prices and the price of a hot dog..damn skippy I'm going to want more than what they've done. Matt has played terrible this year..a game manage is not completing 56% of his passes with two INT.

And what burns is the 4th quarter comebacks that get put as "Matt's 9th 4th quarter comeback" or some BS. Lions didn't comeback because of Matt..in spite of him.

If the Lions make the playoffs consistently without a winning a playoff game that's different..not one in 4.

"Matt Stafford just got his 470th 4th quarter comeback" lol.

Pretty darned accurate.

Four teams are going home in the first round of the playoffs. If the Lions are one of them, it will be "See, I knew it. They were pretenders". If the Lions aren't one of them, it will be 'We got lucky enough for the defense to save us, they are still pretenders".

I am not sure even a playoff win reverses the fan sentiment.

Seems to me our Lions are destined to be the "luckiest" 11 win team in the history of football, and could even be the "luckiest" 12 win team in history before it's over.

That's where you're wrong. It's about playoff wins, not a playoff loss every 4 seasons. I'm not sure masses are saying luck win after luck win but the difference is we win, so suddenly some of you are telling the rest we can't talk how Matt is a bad QB. How he can't win against a .500+ team on the road..etc.

We've turned in the LKP's and the non LKP's.

Just shut down this board if people aren't allowed to post concerns.

It's all gold. Team's destined for a super bowl. Nothing's wrong.

So I'm suppose to be "Oh man that Matt Stafford is good and this team is a success year after year" without ever winning a playoff game? BS.

If the NFL is going to keep on raising contracts and raising ticket prices and the price of a hot dog..damn skippy I'm going to want more than what they've done.
More than what the NFL has done?

There's a Super Bowl every season, and some team wins it.

What more do you want the NFL to do?

Oh. Because you were talking about the NFL raising ticket prices and hotdog prices. I guess that confused me.

Ye, but the Lions tickets and caps and all the good stuff keep going up ..so whatever team we root for someone's paying and that's us. So yeah I hope for a playoff win every once in a while.

Ye, but the Lions tickets and caps and all the good stuff keep going up ..so whatever team we root for someone's paying and that's us. So yeah I hope for a playoff win every once in a while.

Like for example more than one in about 60 years?

I hope so too.

This season there is at least a chance for a playoff win; in the vast majority of seasons there never is.

So I'll take it.

Back