Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

I don't want to hear it...

Like for example more than one in about 60 years?

I hope so too.

This season there is at least a chance for a playoff win; in the vast majority of seasons there never is.

So I'll take it.

I don't know. If we lose against GB we could be playing GB or Dallas the following week. I'm sure that's any better than the times we had Barry and we got in. Unless of course you mean most of the years we were bad and didn't have a chance to win a game..then yeah.

We just have to win a road against against a good team..when's the last time we did that?

I don't know. If we lose against GB we could be playing GB or Dallas the following week. I'm sure that's any better than the times we had Barry and we got in. Unless of course you mean most of the years we were bad and didn't have a chance to win a game..then yeah.

We just have to win a road against against a good team..when's the last time we did that?

It's been forever and a day ago that the Lions beat a good team on the road in the playoffs; and yes, I meant the Lions almost always have no chance to win a playoff game because they almost never get into the playoffs at all.

So at least this year with making the playoffs, there is once again a chance.

It's been forever and a day ago that the Lions beat a good team on the road in the playoffs; and yes, I meant the Lions almost always have no chance to win a playoff game because they almost never get into the playoffs at all.

So at least this year with making the playoffs, there is once again a chance.

And the season isn't a success with 11 wins and no playoff wins. 2011 was different because it was such a long time since we got in. But now that we had, 2011, the next step.

I agree, all we've done so far is put ourselves in position to have a successful season, we haven't yet.

I mean is anyone really going to be satisfied with this year if we don't win another game?

Though I will have to note it will be a minor success if we beat GB next week, first division title in forever and in GB. Even if we lose in the playoffs. Minor success..

Last edited:
Though I will have to note it will be a minor success if we beat GB next week, first division title in forever and in GB. Even if we lose in the playoffs. Minor success..

That's why I put the if we don't win another game line in there. If we win in GB it will be a minor success. At least we could hang a division title banner instead of a playoff appearance banner....which we apparently do. And that is sad.

Last edited:
I agree, all we've done so far is put ourselves in position to have a successful season, we haven't yet.

I mean is anyone really going to be satisfied with this year if we don't win another game?

Not many if any, unless they are into hypothetical scoring and virtual victories...of course also NOT taking into consideration what the Lions' winning opponents could/might have done to increase THEIR margins of victories.

But the Lions new coaching staff hould be given much credit for clinching a playoff berth and double-digit wins regardless of what happens in game 16 and the playoffs. The law of averages ALONE makes this pro-football franchise truly and detestably unique in its unparalleled history of utter and sheer futility for over a half-century.

Right? We've got 2 receivers alone that are good for 100 a piece but this offense isn't built for a 300 yard passer? That's exactly what we're built for. Exactly

Then why isn't it happening?? Stafford was throwing for a ton of yards with Linehan, but they were always down big. Different team now and there isn't always a sense of urgency as much with this team because their defense keeps them in games. Different offense, 2 quality backs, meaning they don't have to throw as much. They have more time to run the ball because they're not in a panic like years before.
So who cares if Stafford isn't lighting up the scoreboard? At least he's being smarter with the football and they're winning games. Stafford didn't even throw a pick in like 3 games before last Sunday. People need to chill the fk out. 11-4 ....enjoy it.

Hilarious in light of your recent comments.

What's so hilarious? I still want Reggie gone but it looked like he had a little bit of giddyup against the Bears. And Bell isn't a bellcow but he gets the job done. 2 decent quality backs. Wtf don't you get? lol

So I think the Lions should be looking to replace Stafford, but that doesn't really matter right now. I'm just hoping Stafford can pull a Flacco and play great for 3-4 straight games in the playoffs and win us a title. I could care less if he blows next week or next regular season. Give me 4 great games Matt, and you can continue to be shitty as much as you want afterwards.

Defense can't win us playoff games alone. The offense has to at least play decent if the team is going to beat good teams. Our defense is not historically great (except by Lion standards), so we can't just ride it to victory.

So I think the Lions should be looking to replace Stafford, but that doesn't really matter right now. I'm just hoping Stafford can pull a Flacco and play great for 3-4 straight games in the playoffs and win us a title. I could care less if he blows next week or next regular season. Give me 4 great games Matt, and you can continue to be shitty as much as you want afterwards.

Defense can't win us playoff games alone. The offense has to at least play decent if the team is going to beat good teams. Our defense is not historically great (except by Lion standards), so we can't just ride it to victory.

You don't replace a QB making that much money though I do think its time to find a suitable backup that can be good in 2-3-4 years if Matt doesn't improve. Though I'm not sue next year is the year to do with possibly needing a DT or 2, OL, or/and DE.

You don't replace a QB making that much money though I do think its time to find a suitable backup that can be good in 2-3-4 years if Matt doesn't improve. Though I'm not sue next year is the year to do with possibly needing a DT or 2, OL, or/and DE.

The end of next season is about the earliest the team could eat the cap hit from letting him go. I'm not talking about cutting him this summer. Maybe that means picking up a project QB with high upside to sit next year (e.g. Hundley). Maybe that means picking up a lower upside but more pro-ready QB next year (e.g. Cook). To Tony's point, if we can maintain a strong defense, we don't need a world-beater at QB. We really just need someone who won't blow it, someone who can move the ball at an above average level.

The end of next season is about the earliest the team could eat the cap hit from letting him go. I'm not talking about cutting him this summer. Maybe that means picking up a project QB with high upside to sit next year (e.g. Hundley). Maybe that means picking up a lower upside but more pro-ready QB next year (e.g. Cook). To Tony's point, if we can maintain a strong defense, we don't need a world-beater at QB. We really just need someone who won't blow it, someone who can move the ball at an above average level.

its never going to happen. I think they replace Lombardi before they replace Stafford. And that wont even happen for another 1-2 years.

Hoyer.

I don't think they should replace stafford, I think they should replace lombardi

And the season isn't a success with 11 wins and no playoff wins. 2011 was different because it was such a long time since we got in. But now that we had, 2011, the next step.

Winning the Super Bowl is considered success.

I thought you loved Winston?

loved him last year when he completed like his first 50 passes. This year hes proven he got some screws lose. The whole standing up and saying "f*ck that pV$$y" I had the least concerns with....he was trying to be funny....but hes high profile so hes not allowed to be. Its the real dumb shit like stealing crab legs. Throw in the sexual assault concerns and just the plain fact that he looks like hes a nutjob.....would be enough for me to stay far far away.

Some people just look crazy...like lance Stephenson lol. They always end up crazy.

Back