Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

"I wish Verlander was a True Ace"

boogerlovejoy said:
elrod said:
Should there be a 'un' between the 'ct'?

Kidding, kidding...

But yeah, JV is and has been an ace.

Yes, there should be.

And I'm not kidding. That guy acts like a whiney little 7 year old girl. He doesn't stand behind anything he says and argues points just for the attention.......so he is a "ct" with a "un" in between.

grow up.

If you don't like the way I evaluate players, so be it. I'll call Verlander an ACE, when I think he is. I stand by my comment that I need consistency out of him. If I called him an ace because of this dominating year (he will win CY YOUNG), and he comes back next year with a 12-15 with a 4.00 ERA bullcrap, It would go against everything I ever stood for in how I evaluate players.

This is ONLY his first year behing below 3.30 ERA and first year being below 1.00 in WHIP. This has been a fastinating year and I hope he continues it. But I'm going to hold him to hold him to the standards as I hold everyone.

Remember Joe Mays? Pete Shoruak (sp?)?

NO? Probably not.... DIdnt think so. But how about one that hits close to home.

Dontrelle Willis......

Four good years to begin his career and you would have tagged "ACE" on him......

and look at him since.......

and that's why, 7 year olds, like me have patience and stay away from labeling someone with such great expectations.

(Ps. How can you say I don't stand by anything I say? All I DO is stand by what I say......)

michiganct said:
boogerlovejoy said:
Yes, there should be.

And I'm not kidding. That guy acts like a whiney little 7 year old girl. He doesn't stand behind anything he says and argues points just for the attention.......so he is a "ct" with a "un" in between.

grow up.

If you don't like the way I evaluate players, so be it. I'll call Verlander an ACE, when I think he is. I stand by my comment that I need consistency out of him. If I called him an ace because of this dominating year (he will win CY YOUNG), and he comes back next year with a 12-15 with a 4.00 ERA bullcrap, It would go against everything I ever stood for in how I evaluate players.

This is ONLY his first year behing below 3.30 ERA and first year being below 1.00 in WHIP. This has been a fastinating year and I hope he continues it. But I'm going to hold him to hold him to the standards as I hold everyone.

Dontrelle Willis......

Four good years to begin his career and you would have tagged "ACE" on him......

and that's why, 7 year olds, like me have patience and stay away from labeling someone with such great expectations.

(Ps. How can you say I don't stand by anything I say? All I DO is stand by what I say......)

And people will always think you're an idiot for not accepting the standard of what constitutes an "Ace".

Aside from one year, he has been dominating, not just this year.

The criteria you have set is so rigid that there would probably only be 1 or 2 aces in the last 10 years by your logic.

You bring it on yourself for supporting a failing argument.

102 wins in a short span...most on mediocre ballclubs.

go away Chico....everytime you post you look like the tards you supposedly teach.

Seriously michiganct??? Just call it quits. Either leave or admit you talked some stupid shit or continue to be properly ridiculed.

I just found out, but Weaver is skipping this start? The Cy Young race is over.

Justin Verlander, 2011 AL Cy Young winner is all but assured. So proud.

verlander is the Ace of the whole f'ng league.

michiganct said:
boogerlovejoy said:
Yes, there should be.

grow up.

Dontrelle Willis......

you seriously are a fucking retard. this shit was old 3 months ago. give it the fuck up. grow a pair and admit you are wrong.

fedexgooch78 said:
michiganct said:
grow up.

Dontrelle Willis......

you seriously are a fucking retard. this shit was old 3 months ago. give it the fuck up. grow a pair and admit you are wrong.

I agre with you 100%. I didn't bring this up. Your buddy Slick did.

michiganct said:
fedexgooch78 said:

ofcourse we bring it up every 4 or 5 days....it was probably 1 of the stupidest comments ever made on a message board

"Veralnder is not an ace".......words you will choke on weekly for years to come tard.

SLICK said:
michiganct said:

ofcourse we bring it up every 4 or 5 days....it was probably 1 of the stupidest comments ever made on a message board

"Veralnder is not an ace".......words you will choke on weekly for years to come tard.

I hope I do......I hope he doesn't pull a Dontrelle Willis. That would be wonderful. You have your opinion, and I have mine. Opinions can't be wrong. Something you'll never undertand. WTF am I doing talking to you anyway. I don't need to feed into your low self esteem.

michiganct said:
SLICK said:

I hope I do......I hope he doesn't pull a Dontrelle Willis. That would be wonderful. You have your opinion, and I have mine. Opinions can't be wrong. Something you'll never undertand. WTF am I doing talking to you anyway. I don't need to feed into your low self esteem.

why do you keep bringing up Willis...he won 22 games once , he never put together years like Verly has of 17+ wins....really nobody has other then Sabathia and Halladay

lol , ya took the bait eh Corky.

now run along and go preside over your fucked up Fantasy baseball League..

by the way is my boy Tony still kicking the shit out of you and all your gimp friends in that league ?

SLICK said:
michiganct said:

why do you keep bringing up Willis...he won 22 games once , he never put together years like Verly has of 17+ wins....really nobody has other then Sabathia and Halladay

by the way is my boy Tony still kicking the shit out of you and all your gimp friends in that league ?

There's no Tony in my league...Talking about Mark?

if by kicking my ass, you mean he lost to me 138 to 110.....then yes.
if being 3-5 in his last 8 match ups is kicking all of our asses....then sure
if being in 2nd place in his division is kicking our asses....then yes

But he definately is a lock for the playoff thanks to a very weak division (3rd place is 10-12). The other division has 4 teams with winning records.

I see you like to talk about my league alot. Sounds like you are a little jealous.

michiganct said:
SLICK said:

But he definately is a lock for the playoff thanks to a very weak division (3rd place is 10-12). The other division has 4 teams with winning records.

I see you like to talk about my league alot. Sounds like you are a little jealous.

jealous..lol

nope , he just tells me what a fucktard you are....and you go crying to him on facebook when you get beat down on here.

SLICK said:
michiganct said:

jealous..lol

nope , he just tells me what a fucktard you are....and you go crying to him on facebook when you get beat down on here.

Funny.. he said the same thing about you......he also says he doesn't let you speak for him. If by crying meants I gave him the option of getting out of the "crappy league," then yes...I cried...I want people in my league that wants to be in it.

and he said he wants to stay in cause he likes it..

michiganct said:
[quote author=lions2011 board=tigertalk thread=222 post=25164 time=1315071971]

jealous..lol

Funny.. he said the same thing about you......he also says he doesn't let you speak for him. If by crying meants I gave him the option of getting out of the "crappy league," then yes...I cried...I want people in my league that wants to be in it.

and he said he wants to stay in cause he likes it..
[/quote

Nah , he's just hoping he wins and you don't pay up...then we get to come pay you a visit

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]http://www.baseball-reference.com/leagues/AL/2011-pitching-leaders.shtml
2011 Pitching Leaders.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/friv/scomp_pitch.cgi?I=verlaju01:Justin Verlander&st=age&compage=27&age=27
Verlander to similar pitchers at same age.

Verlander is already considered in the top 50/60 pitchers by baseball reference.

dontrelle willis?? ranked about the 775/800 pitcher.
unbelievable.

Compare Verlanders first four years to Willis's first four year.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]http://www.baseball-reference.com/leagues/AL/2011-pitching-leaders.shtml
2011 Pitching Leaders.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/friv/scomp_pitch.cgi?I=verlaju01:Justin Verlander&st=age&compage=27&age=27

Verlander is already considered in the top 50/60 pitchers by baseball reference.

unbelievable.

beating on Chica is to easy....it gets tiresome though.

michiganct said:
[color=#006400 said:
2011 Pitching Leaders.

unbelievable.

Compare Verlanders first four years to Willis's first four year.

Get the F out of here with willis . he had steve blass disease. and even his first 4/5 years. doesn't come close to Verlanders' overall numbers. or body of work.
If you think I'm going to chase you and your questions that border on the schitzoid/twilightzone to get off topic of JV's eliteness then you are "way out there", and GFO.

Back