Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

"I wish Verlander was a True Ace"

Verlander wins his 23rd of 2011.
leads the Pitchers Triple Crown.
1st or 2nd in other pitcher categories.
At least 6 innings and over 100 pitches every start in 2011.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Is he an ace yet?

Nah, needs like 6 Cy Youngs and a decade straight of 21+ wins. Check back in 2021.

A real "Ace" would not have lost those 5 games.

35-0 = Ace

23-5 = Scrub

So sayeth the chica.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2011/09/tigers_notes_sports_illustrate.html
Sports Illustrated puts Justin Verlander on cover.
I thought they only do that for Ace Pitchers.

Nice pic, but I wish it would have been one with him in the home whites, the best looking uniforms in MLB.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2011/09/tigers_notes_sports_illustrate.html
Sports Illustrated puts Justin Verlander on cover.
I thought they only do that for Ace Pitchers.

Thank God they didn't go with the Michigan quarterback again after the 3rd consecutive stunning comeback win over Noter Dame...

JV the "No Ace" has now officially averaged 20 wins a year for 3 seasons. I guess he needs to be more consistent than that.

Followed the game on gamecast last night and didn't get a true sense of how nasty his stuff was. Watched the highlights this morning, freaking filthy.

KC......as in days of working for the postal service: you are not only good...you are WOW fast too. Thanks from some of my friends. Go Tigers!

I wonder if Valverde will get any votes, it's difficult to look past Verlander's accomplishment but Valverde has been great this season.

I'm sure he'll get a couple third places. But there seems like a lot of names out there that they will consider. If Granderson wins it I'm going to puke. Miggy is a better choice over him. It should be either Gonzales, Bautista or Miggy.

Tell you who should get some votes... is Avila. I was so wrong about him and have had a healthy diet of crow all year... Going vegetarian next year. My side dish was JP and the desert was team chemistry ( goofing around in the dugout).

jdeb said:
Tell you who should get some votes... is Avila. I was so wrong about him and have had a healthy diet of crow all year... Going vegetarian next year. My side dish was JP and the desert was team chemistry ( goofing around in the dugout).

I think most of us were. I thought he'd be a Lair 2.0. Thank goodness I was wrong.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
jdeb said:

I think most of us were. I thought he'd be a Lair 2.0. Thank goodness I was wrong.

Thanks Mitch, I thought I was the only one. :)

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
jdeb said:

Leyland was wrong too.

I remember early or just before the season started saying he would be a National League manager at time cause he would move Victor to C when they brought in a PH for Avila in close games, meaning he would have to pull double switches once he lost the DH position.

I bet he's pretty happy to be wrong too. ;)

Verlander only won his 24th and only his 12 consecutive including starts,
He only has 250 strikeouts,
and his ERA is only 2.29

Back