Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Maryland Game

Sbee

MSU -3

Some interesting things on the depth chart

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools...17/misc_non_event/Game7MarylandDepthChart.pdf

Malik Mcdowell listed as starting DE, not DT

Brandon Clemmons listed only on defense

Josh King as the 2nd string DE

Justin Layne as starting corner

Vayante Copeland listed as co-starter with Josh Butler

Dennis Finley as a 2nd string tackle

TOC or Brian Lewerke at QB

We seem to be upgrading on DL with Clemmons but robbing the OL. I know they say they want to run the football but when you lose Beadle and Clemmons, you're hurting the OL. I don't know if Finley plays unless there's an emergency. Layne will be a talented DB but he's only been on defense full time for a week, it was great he jumped that route for a pick 6 but he was also way out of position on that long TD to start the second half, I read he was playing zone while everyone else was playing man.

a few months ago I was thinking I might go down to College Park for this one however, considering all that has transpired, I've decided to stay home.

Good thing our renovation is taking longer than planned and we haven't gotten rid of cable yet - I still have BTN for now. By the way, when was the last time we played 3 of out first 4 B1G games on BTN? Has that ever happened?

Every single corner that played last week was bad. Layne at least made one play.

I've never understood the love that Copeland was getting. He's never stood out to me and some praised him like hes the next Dennard.

Every single corner that played last week was bad. Layne at least made one play.

I've never understood the love that Copeland was getting. He's never stood out to me and some praised him like hes the next Dennard.

Copeland was benched for his mistakes in the run game, I think that was a way to send a message, Josh Butler did what he could in there but he's still very inexperienced. NW found a way to isolate Carr on safeties, that's not good when you get one of the best WR's in the conference out one on one against a safety. Layne will be a big time player at some point, same with King, Panisuk, etc, just not 100% ready for prime time. if this was 2013, burning their red shirts wouldn't even be a consideration.

I havent kept up as much as normal but where the fuck is Ed Davis?? I see 1 tackle againt BYU. So, he went from all world to benched?

I havent kept up as much as normal but where the fuck is Ed Davis?? I see 1 tackle againt BYU. So, he went from all world to benched?

Seemed like he was only out there on 3rd downs. Since we never tackled anyone on 3rd down, that explains why he didn't have any.

Copeland was benched for his mistakes in the run game, I think that was a way to send a message, Josh Butler did what he could in there but he's still very inexperienced. NW found a way to isolate Carr on safeties, that's not good when you get one of the best WR's in the conference out one on one against a safety. Layne will be a big time player at some point, same with King, Panisuk, etc, just not 100% ready for prime time. if this was 2013, burning their red shirts wouldn't even be a consideration.

Speaking of 2013, that's the recruiting year that is the main reason we are in this mess. Terrible class

Speaking of 2013, that's the recruiting year that is the main reason we are in this mess. Terrible class
Lots of misses plus some key injuries to reshke and finley

What's the point of having a QB if you refuse to throw? Just play LJ Scott at QB and Holmes at RB

This is impossible to watch . In 23 years of watching MSU football this could be the worst team in every facet ive ever seen. Just quit and come back next year.

I'm fine with a down year. We've had an amazing run. What kills me isn't the lack of talent, it's the lack of discipline.

I've never seen a worse lb crew. They just can't tackle

Yep, and the dbs take horrible angles. I can't believe how far this team has fallen. I am hoping it is due to a ton of young players and one bad year of recruiting.

Back