Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Mcdonalds AA game

word is that he was going to commit after the OSU game, then said that he wanted to wait until the end. He wants a guaratee that he's going to start and be the man so he can get to the NBA sooner but he loves MSU, hearing now that we are out.

:bs: Thats really annoying

not saying we don't need him but at least we have a good rotation at the 4/5 with Schilling/Costello and then Deyonta/Clark.

not saying we don't need him but at least we have a good rotation at the 4/5 with Schilling/Costello and then Deyonta/Clark.

I hate to feel entilted but I wanted to assume Swanigan was ours to lose. I have always felt Costello was a talented guy. I know he isnt a Paul Davis type contributor but he has a good skill set. I think he will be able to play his role down low by mid Jr year and step back and spread the O with a 3 now and then ( I saw him drain one with a good stroke so its in the cards)like Suton and Payne. I dont dislike Costello at all, I just figured Swanigan was a lock. Really annoying he goes to the Purdue game, MSU gets final 4 berth...sees how its done then commits to fucking cal.... Fuckem!!! I ll feel the same way I felt about Jamil Wilson.

Funny thing about Swanigan is he wants to be one and done but he also wants to make sure he's guaranteed minutes. If you're good enough to be a 1st round pick you better be able to beat out costello, schilling, and Clark for playing time.

I hate to feel entilted but I wanted to assume Swanigan was ours to lose. I have always felt Costello was a talented guy. I know he isnt a Paul Davis type contributor but he has a good skill set. I think he will be able to play his role down low by mid Jr year and step back and spread the O with a 3 now and then ( I saw him drain one with a good stroke so its in the cards)like Suton and Payne. I dont dislike Costello at all, I just figured Swanigan was a lock. Really annoying he goes to the Purdue game, MSU gets final 4 berth...sees how its done then commits to fucking cal.... Fuckem!!! I ll feel the same way I felt about Jamil Wilson.

This is why a couple of months ago I said after 2 years of major disappointment I was writing swanigain off and if he commits to MSU, great. We've been the proverbial bride's maid enough to know better than to expect anything.

The way I see it, we're in the Final 4 and we're adding Eron Harris, Deyonta Davis, and McQuaid and Ahrens next season. Anyone who would be upset that Swanigan decides to go to Cal is crazy. He'd be a good get, but this program is in great shape now, great shape for next season and after.

Until I hear if from him next week, I'm not gonna read too much into what a couple guys (that less than a month ago said they were "hearing" good things) are "hearing" now. No offense

The way I see it, we're in the Final 4 and we're adding Eron Harris, Deyonta Davis, and McQuaid and Ahrens next season. Anyone who would be upset that Swanigan decides to go to Cal is crazy. He'd be a good get, but this program is in great shape now, great shape for next season and after.

Im crazy then. Fact is I wouldnt be as annoyed if he went somewhere that made sense like Duke. California uhhhh ok :hmm::shrug:

some conflicting info now, we're still in it but he wants to start and wants to play 30+ minutes. I'm hearing that it's not a middle man issue but wanting guarantees which MSU won't give. If this is coming from Swanigan and not his adoptive fathers it might just end up as a big chemistry issue. there is some smoke about the package deal to Cal but it's more of an issue of guarantees from the coaching staff.

the funny thing is that his game is so close to Z-Bo's, big left handed post player who plays below the rim. Randolph averaged 10/6 in 19 minutes for MSU

some conflicting info now, we're still in it but he wants to start and wants to play 30+ minutes. I'm hearing that it's not a middle man issue but wanting guarantees which MSU won't give. If this is coming from Swanigan and not his adoptive fathers it might just end up as a big chemistry issue. there is some smoke about the package deal to Cal but it's more of an issue of guarantees from the coaching staff.

the funny thing is that his game is so close to Z-Bo's, big left handed post player who plays below the rim. Randolph averaged 10/6 in 19 minutes for MSU

Some coaches might cave to a players demands but Izzo wont. Kind of like telling your parents that you make the rules in the house when youre 7. Id love land the guy but if they (he and or his parents)want to have a guarantee on playing time it almost as good as a dead deal. Id doubt Coack K would give any guarantee as well. So it makes sense, go to some school thats virtually unknown in a sport and make your own rules knowing the other program will comply out of desperation.

If someone is wanting guaranteed minutes before they've even set foot on campus and gone out and earned them, that sounds like a player with a certain sense of entitlement that we don't need.

Unless they were to redshirt Schilling those minutes wont be available going 4 deep at the big man positions.

You'd think people would realize by now that NBA scouts don't look at your minutes and/or stats and whether you're "the man" or not. They look at your skills. Look at Carl-Anthony Towns. He averages 10 points per game will be no worse than the second pick in June. Anthony Davis was sixth on his team in shot attempts at UK.

Last edited:
Keep in mind that this isn't verified that it is even true.

That goes for all of it - including the "he's a strong MSU lean" or "heard he was gonna commit after "x" game but he wanted to blah, blah, blah..."

Last edited:
Update is that he's cooled on Cal and playing in the pac 12, MSU very much in it and a lot more communications with all parties involved. There is a decent chance that his annoucement gets pushed back, which I believe plays in our favor. You can infer that him pushing the decision back is because he was thinking about committing to cal based on momentum and the package deal, the delay would be good for MSU. this is from sources close to Izzo

So now that the rumor is he's an MSU lean again, we wouldn't be better off without him? Does this rumor disprove the rumor about his demands for playing time? This is getting confusing...

Last edited:
Update is that he's cooled on Cal and playing in the pac 12, MSU very much in it and a lot more communications with all parties involved. There is a decent chance that his annoucement gets pushed back, which I believe plays in our favor. You can infer that him pushing the decision back is because he was thinking about committing to cal based on momentum and the package deal, the delay would be good for MSU. this is from sources close to Izzo

Maybe he found out Martin only made the tourney 1 time out of 7 years as a head coach.

I'm gonna put my hat in the ring here too. I'm thinking it's down to MSU and Kentucky. Why you ask? Because it makes the most sense for him. Purdue has mediocre guards and two 7 footers.

Back