Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Mcdonalds AA game

I don't think anyone is criticizing the coaches for being wrong or flip-flopping. Those comments are targeted at the posters here and it's more of a joke than a criticism. Specifically, after hearing he was leaning toward Cal as part of a package deal a week ago, you were saying we were better off without him and people were agreeing. Now that he's committed to MSU, the same folks are talking about how they think "he's the perfect fit". Which is it? Gotime is dead on about people flip-flopping on this guy. This is why I've stopped investing in rumors - it's a waste of time.

I said we would be better off without him if in fact he was demanding that he get 30 minutes per game, there's a big difference. our roster is more talented with Swanigan but this team doesn't need someone dictating substitutions to Izzo.

I said we would be better off without him if in fact he was demanding that he get 30 minutes per game, there's a big difference. our roster is more talented with Swanigan but this team doesn't need someone dictating substitutions to Izzo.

we're better off without him, his ego isn't a good fit, he has a great low post offensive game but he's a liability on defense, yada, yada, yada - it was all about rationalizing last week - and not just you and johnny. Now he's a perfect fit, we love his game, etc, etc. None of it changes the fact that these insiders, if writers for recruiting sites are actually "insiders" don't know what they're talking about and their crystal balls are pretty much useless. People put way too much stock in what they say, get invested in the rumors and ride the roller coaster as the guys get one thing wrong after another.

Last edited:
we're better off without him, his ego isn't a good fit, he has a great low post offensive game but he's a liability on defense, yada, yada, yada - it was all about rationalizing last week - and not just you and johnny. Now he's a perfect fit, we love his game, etc, etc. None of it changes the fact that these insiders, if writers for recruiting sites are actually "insiders" don't know what they're talking about and their crystal balls are pretty much useless. People put way too much stock in what they say, get invested in the rumors and ride the roller coaster as the guys get one thing wrong after another.
I see you want to make it personal against me, what a surprise. It was a simple if/then statement. I said we don't need any one player making demands on Izzo as far as playing time. He does have a great low post game but will be a liability on defense. I stand by everything I said.

I see you want to make it personal against me, what a surprise. It was a simple if/then statement. I said we don't need any one player making demands on Izzo as far as playing time. He does have a great low post game but will be a liability on defense. I stand by everything I said.

Ohhh its against me also. Lots of finger pointing here lately, even if I say im wrong, I flip flopped, got caught up emotionally I highly doubt it will subside any time soon. The fact is he wouldnt be a good fit here if he was making player demands before he set foot on the court. Did Jr MSU migrate here under a different handle from the ESPN board?

Last edited:

Yes, by saying "it's not just you and johnny" and the fact that I also commented on other peoples posts and said several people on the board went from hot to cold to hot on the kid with each new rumor, it's clear that I'm trying to make it personal against you...

Last edited:
Ohhh its against me also. Lots of finger pointing here lately, even if I say im wrong, I flip flopped, got caught up emotionally I highly doubt it will subside any time soon. The fact is he wouldnt be a good fit here if he was making player demands before he set foot on the court. Did Jr MSU migrate here under a different handle from the ESPN board?

It's not "against" anyone. I don't understand why everyone is taking this so personally or thinks that it's some insult or criticism.

Last edited:
Yes, by saying "it's not just you and johnny" and the fact that I also commented on other peoples posts and said several people on the board went from hot to cold to hot on the kid with each new rumor, it's clear that I'm trying to make it personal against you...

you follow me around on this board to disagree with everything I say, it's clear you never pass on an opportunity to be an asshole. I'm used to it and actually it's somewhat amusing, somewhat predictable but still amusing.

Do you disagree on any of my points about Swanigan?

I said that if in fact he was demanding 30 minutes a game, we'd be better off without him. of course in your post you just include the "better off without him" part and leave out the rest of the statement. it's misleading but I guess it helps you make your point if you include half of the statement.

He will be a liability on defense based on every scouting report i've read. the video clips you find of him really don't show him playing defense, but i've read that he isn't down in a good stance most of the time and he doesn't move well laterally. He's going to be a great offensive player because he's just bigger and stronger than whoever guards him and he can muscle them in the post but face up as well. he is not fast and not an elite athlete, he will not be a great defensive player and he'll have to work hard to play MSU level defense.

that's not rationalizing about a player if we weren't going to get him, it's an honest assessment of him. I said it before he committed and I have the same views now.

Last edited:
you follow me around on this board to disagree with everything I say, it's clear you never pass on an opportunity to be an asshole. I'm used to it and actually it's somewhat amusing, somewhat predictable but still amusing.

Do you disagree on any of my points about Swanigan?

I said that if in fact he was demanding 30 minutes a game, we'd be better off without him. of course in your post you just include the "better off without him" part and leave out the rest of the statement. it's misleading but I guess it helps you make your point if you include half of the statement.

He will be a liability on defense based on every scouting report i've read. the video clips you find of him really don't show him playing defense, but i've read that he isn't down in a good stance most of the time and he doesn't move well laterally. He's going to be a great offensive player because he's just bigger and stronger than whoever guards him and he can muscle them in the post but face up as well. he is not fast and not an elite athlete, he will not be a great defensive player and he'll have to work hard to play MSU level defense.

that's not rationalizing about a player if we weren't going to get him, it's an honest assessment of him. I said it before he committed and I have the same views now.

get over yourself. I've made my own posts on this and other related threads and I've responded to posts from Spartans23, gotime and johnny and before you got all defensive I even said:

...It was all about rationalizing last week - and not just you and johnny. Now he's a perfect fit, we love his game, etc, etc. ...People put way too much stock in what they (insiders) say, get invested in the rumors and ride the roller coaster as the guys get one thing wrong after another.

and...

I don't think anyone is criticizing the coaches for being wrong or flip-flopping. Those comments are targeted at the posters here and it's more of a joke than a criticism. Specifically, after hearing he was leaning toward Cal as part of a package deal a week ago, you were saying we were better off without him and people were agreeing. Now that he's committed to MSU, the same folks are talking about how they think "he's the perfect fit". Which is it? Gotime is dead on about people flip-flopping on this guy. This is why I've stopped investing in rumors - it's a waste of time.

If you want to think it's all about you and i'm just "following you around" nit picking you, that's your problem. Trust me, you're not as big of a deal to me as you think you are.

Last edited:
same shit all the time, you can call it something else if you want to.

I'm still waiting for you to address my points about Swanigan and how they were wrong...yada yada yada

same shit all the time, you can call it something else if you want to.

I'm still waiting for you to address my points about Swanigan and how they were wrong...yada yada yada

C'mon - we all know you're never wrong. But I didn't say you were so don't try to change the subject and make it all about you being right. It's about people buying every rumor hook, line and sinker and flip-flopping and riding a roller coaster of sentiment on this recruit or that one, every time some "insider" tweets some new bs. But if it helps ease your mind here you go:

Nobody was wrong when he was solidly leaning MSU and nobody was wrong when he was part of a package deal to Cal, or when he was demanding minutes and nobody is wrong now that he's pretty much committed to MSU. None of the enthusiasm at the highs or the rationalizations at the lows were ever wrong. Based on the rumor du jour, everyone was always right, all the time. If anyone was wrong, it was me, gotime and either MSUMatt or Spartans23 (sorry guys, I forget which), who decided not to care about or trust the rumors, opting instead to just be pleasantly surprised if Swanigan chose MSU. When he submits a singed LOI (even if it ends up going to Cal or dook), I'll issue a formal apology for cracking a wholly undeserved joke at the people who clearly weren't flip-floppers and promise to trust every rumor I ever hear in the future. There, do you feel better?

Last edited:
C'mon - we all know you're never wrong. But I didn't say you were so don't try to change the subject and make it all about you being right. It's about people buying every rumor hook, line and sinker and flip-flopping and riding a roller coaster of sentiment on this recruit or that one, every time some "insider" tweets some new bs. But if it helps ease your mind, nobody was wrong when he was solidly leaning MSU and nobody was wrong when he was part of a package deal to Cal, or when he was demanding minutes and nobody is wrong now that he's pretty much committed to MSU. None of the enthusiasm at the highs or the rationalizations at the lows were ever wrong. Based on the rumor du jour, everyone was always right, all the time. If anyone was wrong, it was me, gotime and either MSUMatt or Spartans23 (sorry guys, I forget which), who decided not to care about or trust the rumors, opting instead to just be pleasantly surprised if Swanigan chose MSU. When he submits a singed LOI (even if it ends up going to Cal or dook), I'll issue a formal apology for cracking a wholly undeserved joke at the people who clearly weren't flip-floppers and promise to trust every rumor I ever hear in the future. There, do you feel better?

I don't want an apology , I am just saying that it's stupid for you to try to quote me but use half of my statement. I said that if he was demanding 30 minutes per game MSU would be better off without him. You quote half of that to try to prove your point.

as for a fluid recruiting situations, that's what they are. I don't know if every rumor is true and I don't say to take it as gospel. I do say that some of these sources are good and they are, generally they have good inside info. If some people like to follow it closely and pay attention to what's being said, fine, if you don't, fine. It's not all about being right (kind of a hard concept for you), it's about following the situation. We're not keeping score here (at least I'm not)

I don't want an apology , I am just saying that it's stupid for you to try to quote me but use half of my statement..

...It's not all about being right (kind of a hard concept for you), it's about following the situation. We're not keeping score here (at least I'm not)

says the guy who, when we made the sweet 16, went out of his way to bump a prior post then tried to carry on an argument about what you insisted I meant for 5 pages. And you accuse me of trolling you when I crack a joke about something several people did while all these Swanigan rumors were swirling around? You're so full of shit. Do you have any idea how full of shit you are?

And you're not getting an apology - that whole post was sarcasm (kind of a hard concept for you apparently). I have no intention of apologizing. I stand by my comments that were made in jest - people flip-flopped, you're one of them, the rumors are garbage. It's not personal to you and I don't care if you think it is and I don't care if you can't take a joke.

Last edited:
says the guy who, when we made the sweet 16, went out of his way to bump a prior post then tried to carry on an argument about what you insisted I meant for 5 pages. And you accuse me of trolling you when I crack a joke about something several people did while all these Swanigan rumors were swirling around? You're so full of shit. Do you have any idea how full of shit you are?

trying to make apples and oranges sound like apples and apples I see. there's a huge difference between talking about what a team's ceiling is in multiple threads, not admitting you were wrong, then lying and saying you misspoke (though you posted the same thing multiple times) and discussing rumors about a player. I know in your mind they're the same thing because that somehow boosts your argument, but factually, they aren't.

I used to think Vic was overly harsh on you but you really are a complete douchebag. You have no idea how full of shit you are.

Last edited:
boy, you sure knocked that one out of the park!

I wasn't trying to knock anything out of the park, I was trying to engage in a discussion on why you think it's similar to make statements on what you think a teams ceiling is and reporting on recruiting rumors. they're apples and oranges, maybe you figured that out, that's why you resort to name calling.

I wasn't trying to knock anything out of the park, I was trying to engage in a discussion on why you think it's similar to make statements on what you think a teams ceiling is and reporting on recruiting rumors. they're apples and oranges, maybe you figured that out, that's why you resort to name calling.

that reference was about you scorekeeping. did you not see that I bolded that part of your post then pointed out your scorekeeping? did I really need to explain that to you? of course I did. you're constantly accusing people of doing the very things you're doing. I was calling you a hypocrite because you are a hypocrite. I get that you don't see that because according you, everything is different if you're the one doing it.

I was flippant and dismissive in my last comment because I've reached the point where I no longer care that you can't take a joke about your flip-flopping based on each new rumor, or that you don't think you keep score, or that you think you know better what I think than I do. It gets old rather quickly.

Last edited:
that reference was about you scorekeeping. did you not see that I bolded that part of your post then pointed out your scorekeeping? did I really need to explain that to you? of course I did. you're constantly accusing people of doing the very things you're doing. I was calling you a hypocrite because you are a hypocrite. I get that you don't see that because according you, everything is different if you're the one doing it.

scorekeeping on rumors? Come on, couldn't you wait until I was wrong about something factual and then point it out since you have butthurt over being called out about your negative assesments of the basketball team which you of course didn't take ownership of. you came up with some bullshit lie saying you misspoke in the MSU-IL thread, though you said the exact same thing in the "bullish on MSU basketball thread." kind of an odd coincidence, don't you think? I don't expect you to address your lies though.

either way, saying someone was wrong in their assesment of a team is a lot different than saying someone is wrong when they are reporting rumors about a recruit. Did I really need to explain that to you? Of course I did

I used to think Vic was overly harsh on you but you really are a complete douchebag. You have no idea how full of shit you are.

Its easy to disagree on a message board but its good if what youre fingering is legitimate. Fact is Sbee is a really good guy and one my fraternity brothers, also someone I respect and a great poster for many years (dating back to 2003 on ESPN). Mack, you have some good value added posts but there is some edge there and lots of baiting for sake of argument, much of which is largely unnecessary and childish. Picking at Sbee is kind of weak and played out. I like most of your posts and hope youll be here to contribute down the road. Honestly, a majority of what you write when its sports or political is good stuff ( we are on the same page there) but quit BAITING with passive aggresive poppycock man :) !! We need DesertSpartan here to kick knowledge and break up the monotonous "i gotcha" posts..... for the love of fuck.....

Last edited:
Back