Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Mcdonalds AA game

I just hope we get Williams, He is a 2 year player. I have a feeling Swanigan would be a 1 year guy. Ive written him off... Purdue??? cmon, if you were offered a honda civic for $20,000 or a porsche 911 turbo for $20,000 youre going to take the fucking Honda?????

I just hope we get Williams, He is a 2 year player. I have a feeling Swanigan would be a 1 year guy. Ive written him off... Purdue??? cmon, if you were offered a honda civic for $20,000 or a porsche 911 turbo for $20,000 youre going to take the fucking Honda?????

his adoptive father is roosevelt barnes (an agent and family friend) and he went to purdue, he was close friends with cuonzo martin (which explains cal being in the mix). I believe Swanigan lost his father when he was young

his adoptive father is roosevelt barnes (an agent and family friend) and he went to purdue, he was close friends with cuonzo martin (which explains cal being in the mix). I believe Swanigan lost his father when he was young

Ok, I didnt know there were sentimental factors involved, Ill retract my last statement.

Ok, I didnt know there were sentimental factors involved, Ill retract my last statement.

from a basketball perspective Purdue would be a terrible choice unless you're dying to be "the guy"

I'm gonna put my hat in the ring here too. I'm thinking it's down to MSU and Kentucky. Why you ask? Because it makes the most sense for him. Purdue has mediocre guards and two 7 footers.

Should we be prepared for another "I love MSU and coach Izzo but..."

UK having 7 guys leave may break the Cal package deal, Jaylen Brown may end up there with all of the spots available.

UK having 7 guys leave may break the Cal package deal, Jaylen Brown may end up there with all of the spots available.

Yeah, Brown and Rabb are likely UK bound, but Swanigan was never really high on Coach Cal, I always thought Duke was our biggest competition for Caleb, we'll see, it's a luxury recruit at this point, I love our team next year with or without Swanigan.

Williams is a bigger get IMO and puts us in great shape for a title run in a couple years.

You guys have flipped every couple weeks with this
You do understand that these situations are fluid. What I said a week or so ago was that the msu staff didn't have a good feeling about it, then that things were trending back. I'm not saying that all rumors were true but just because he committed to msu didn't mean that the coaches didn't have doubts and that he was interested in the package deal to cal. I think UK losing 5 really helped us out.

Last edited:
It's all in fun guys. I just don't remember "insiders" doing so many 180's on a player before.

Bottom line is that EVERYONE is happy with this news now!

Jeff Goodman tweeted that the coaches involved all thought he was going to cal as of this morning. I don't want to be a pessimist but I'll be happy when the LOI is signed.

This recruitment really reminds me of delvon roe, everyone thought it would be UNC until he announced

Jeff Goodman tweeted that the coaches involved all thought he was going to cal as of this morning. I don't want to be a pessimist but I'll be happy when the LOI is signed.

This recruitment really reminds me of delvon roe, everyone thought it would be UNC until he announced

I have seen many articles projecting Cal the last 2 days. The crystal ball even went from 40% Cal last night to 57% today. it was 85% just a week ago to MSU. Ill be happy to see the LOI as well.

Goodman doesn't know shit. He's just covering his ass.

Goodman doesn't know shit. He's just covering his ass.

Eric bossi from rivals and Brian snow from scout were saying the same thing

"I was very surprised," said Brian Snow, a recruiting analyst for Scout.com. "I was 100-percent sure he was going to Cal and he Tweets that he's going to Michigan State.

"I think Michigan State was very surprised. I think Cal was very surprised. I think Purdue was very surprised. It's been an interesting recruitment to follow and the thought coming into the day was Caleb really liked California but obviously the work Michigan State put in ? Tom Izzo, (Dwayne) Stephens, Dane Fife ? the job they've done for not only this year but the last three years recruiting him, clearly paid off. This is a huge commitment for Michigan State

Last edited:
Eric bossi from rivals and Brian snow from scout were saying the same thing

"I was very surprised," said Brian Snow, a recruiting analyst for Scout.com. "I was 100-percent sure he was going to Cal and he Tweets that he's going to Michigan State.

"I think Michigan State was very surprised. I think Cal was very surprised. I think Purdue was very surprised. It's been an interesting recruitment to follow and the thought coming into the day was Caleb really liked California but obviously the work Michigan State put in ? Tom Izzo, (Dwayne) Stephens, Dane Fife ? the job they've done for not only this year but the last three years recruiting him, clearly paid off. This is a huge commitment for Michigan State

I'd be willing to bet that Izzo knew a few days ago. He's really just seemed at peace since last week.

You do understand that these situations are fluid. What I said a week or so ago was that the msu staff didn't have a good feeling about it, then that things were trending back. I'm not saying that all rumors were true but just because he committed to msu didn't mean that the coaches didn't have doubts and that he was interested in the package deal to cal. I think UK losing 5 really helped us out.

I don't think anyone is criticizing the coaches for being wrong or flip-flopping. Those comments are targeted at the posters here and it's more of a joke than a criticism. Specifically, after hearing he was leaning toward Cal as part of a package deal a week ago, you were saying we were better off without him and people were agreeing. Now that he's committed to MSU, the same folks are talking about how they think "he's the perfect fit". Which is it? Gotime is dead on about people flip-flopping on this guy. This is why I've stopped investing in rumors - it's a waste of time.

Last edited:
You guys need new insiders.

Guess we don't.

We've seen "inside information" indicating a number of possible outcomes. You could have come back w/ this response if he went to Cal or Duke or somewhere else for that matter - just about any choice he made would have been positive affirmation of one of these inside sources.

Last edited:
Back