Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Michigan Football Recruiting '17

Yep. I'm more concerned with the o-line like you guys. When's the last time we had a really good o-line? Jake Long's last year?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Tom VanHaaren
ESPN Staff Writer

ESPN 300 offensive lineman Chuck Filiaga has committed to Michigan. Filiaga, the No. 137 ranked prospect, gives Michigan 17 ESPN 300 commitments in the 2017, five of which are offensive linemen. The Wolverines currently have the No. 4 ranked recruiting class overall.

Share
Tweet
@Email

NCAAF 3m

I love it. Now let's see the results on the field.

Tom VanHaaren
ESPN Staff Writer

ESPN 300 offensive lineman Chuck Filiaga has committed to Michigan. Filiaga, the No. 137 ranked prospect, gives Michigan 17 ESPN 300 commitments in the 2017, five of which are offensive linemen. The Wolverines currently have the No. 4 ranked recruiting class overall.

Share
Tweet
@Email

NCAAF 3m
Can he hoop? I kid. Very happy with this class and the new era of o-linemen we're venturing into. The further away from Hoke o-line recruits we get, the better.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Apparently Najee still doesn't know where he's going.

Which I don't buy for a second.

The meltdown over at mgoblow is amazing as well. We have the No.1 running back from last year who has 4 yrs left and a break out star from his year, not to mention another fast little fucker in Samuels. We are good. We need fucking offensive lineman waaay more than this cat.

A lot of people have forgotten about Kareem Walker.

UnderArmour All American last year, consensus 4* recruit, Rivals.com #6 RB, Scout's #3 RB, #4 at 24/7, #4 at ESPN. Samuels may be a softer verbal than we'd like, but hopefully Walker, Evans, and a better OL bring better results.

A running back can make an OL look good, and unfortunately De'Veon Smith (while a GREAT short yardage back who I think outperformed his talent level) and Karan Higdon (at one point I thought he may have been UM's best runner but his lack of vision and inability to set up blockers or impatience when doing so hurt) may have had the opposite effect at times.

Walker took awhile to get his academics in order, but hopefully it doesn't hold him back going into the 2017 season.

Walker is said to have had a GREAT week down at the Orange Bowl as well

Yep, Now that we have all of these O-linemen, we should finally have a good line in 2019...

ugh!

I guess we'll have to settle for 9 or 10 win seasons until then :)

Yep, Now that we have all of these O-linemen, we should finally have a good line in 2019...

ugh!

I guess we'll have to settle for 9 or 10 win seasons until then :)

Call me optimistic, but I think we will be better than last year(barring unforseen injury). Especially in the run game. I think the key is Michael Onwenu. He is a load and he is very strong. This man is going to open holes. He just needs the next 8 months in the film room. Its different than having someone know what they are doing but being underdeveloped and manhandled, ie Cole his first 2 years. This time around we have a person who can do the manhandling. He just needs to know what he is doing. This Ruiz kid is the real deal and could really help out if Cole is willing to go back to tackle for the time being. If that is not possible, even Kugler stepping up finally at the center position would help. But if Ruiz does show he is ready, Kugler can also play LG and RG. Bredeson back at Tackle and then we have the big ? In JBB. Hopefully this guy can get his shit together and gel with the others. If not, we have that big Ulizio kid and Runyan Jr.

8 months of development for all. I have faith.

Call me optimistic, but I think we will be better than last year(barring unforseen injury). Especially in the run game. I think the key is Michael Onwenu. He is a load and he is very strong. This man is going to open holes. He just needs the next 8 months in the film room. Its different than having someone know what they are doing but being underdeveloped and manhandled, ie Cole his first 2 years. This time around we have a person who can do the manhandling. He just needs to know what he is doing. This Ruiz kid is the real deal and could really help out if Cole is willing to go back to tackle for the time being. If that is not possible, even Kugler stepping up finally at the center position would help. But if Ruiz does show he is ready, Kugler can also play LG and RG. Bredeson back at Tackle and then we have the big ? In JBB. Hopefully this guy can get his shit together and gel with the others. If not, we have that big Ulizio kid and Runyan Jr.

8 months of development for all. I have faith.

I think you'll see bredeson and jbb at Tackle spots. Kugler and onwenu at guards (unless they move onwenu to dt?). And cole stays at center.

Kai-Leon Herbert decommits

class sits at 26 verbals now with a little over a week to go.

crunch time!

Well, how will Michigan finish? We're 2 days away from signing day.

Nico Collins?

Oliver Martin?

Aubrey Solomon?

Will all 26 verbally committed recruits sign?

Will there be any surprises?

Well, how will Michigan finish? We're 2 days away from signing day.

Nico Collins?

Oliver Martin?

Aubrey Solomon?

Will all 26 verbally committed recruits sign?

Will there be any surprises?

People are beginning to predict Collins and Martin to UM.

Collins took his last official to Georgia over the weekend or last week and the UGA writers for 247 Sports are now predicting he'll choose Michigan. Pretty good sign for us.

Michigan needs a truly impactful WR. I don't remember the last one they had since Braylon. Funchess was very good, but he wasn't a legit game changer. A guy like Mike Williams on Clemson is what this team really needs.

Sam Webb on WTKA today:

Aubrey Solomon - Not a gut feeling, but Sam said, "I think Michigan is gonna get him." His only reservation from issuing a gut feeling is because Aubrey has changed his mind so much.

Oliver Martin - Feels the best about him. Says he has a gut feeling that he'll come here.

Nico Collins - "I like Michigan's chances. I think they're better than 50-50."

Ifeatu Melifonwu - This is the Syracuse DB commit who is a 2/3-star. Sam said, "I feel he's gonna end up in this class." Sounds like it's Michigan's call.

Jay Tufele - Not Michigan. It's between Utah and USC.

Willie Gay - Feels Michigan still has a chance, but if he had to predict today, he'd say Mississippi State.

I'd be shocked if Michigan gets Willie Gay or Aubrey Solomon at this point.

News on Collins and Martin sounds good. Collins is someone that I've really wanted to end up at Michigan this entire recruiting cycle.

Back