Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Michigan Men's Basketball Recruiting

That’s the high school I went to and my brother who coaches at a high school near Toledo as well as coaches an aau team knows him well. Said he’s a good kid and a hell of a talent. I like this pick up

Jb is rolling on the recruiting trail , and with all the dark money some of the kids seem to be getting jb is still getting it done .. I used to rip jb for not taking advantage of Final fours when he recurits. Like with a lot of things I am Sorry jb I was wrong how you were going about how you recruit.

That?s the high school I went to and my brother who coaches at a high school near Toledo as well as coaches an aau team knows him well. Said he?s a good kid and a hell of a talent. I like this pick up

Never thought I'd meet a fellow MV Hawk on this thread, lol.

I thought our 2 recurits were ranked higher ? I didn’t see Michigan near the top ten when espn put the rankings up at halftime of the high school game they are showing . How many scholarships do we even have next year potentially?

I thought our 2 recurits were ranked higher ? I didn?t see Michigan near the top ten when espn put the rankings up at halftime of the high school game they are showing . How many scholarships do we even have next year potentially?

None. We're actually over by 1 so we need a transfer or early draft entrance. We only have Wilson and Bajema in next years class.

https://umhoops.com/recruiting/scholarship-breakdown/

Some details on potential late signings and grad transfers. Here are the current targets for us.

Franz Wagner - 6'7" 190 lbs - Moe's younger brother. All of us on this board want him even if you don't know it yet. Plays for ALBA Berlin and is averaging 17 PPG and 4 RPG in 23 MPG for their ProB squad. Shoots 39% from three and would fill in at the 3 or 4 perfectly. He's played limited minutes on their senior team. Averages about 4 PPG in 10 MPG for the senior team. He's deciding this summer if he's going to continue playing in Germany or if he's going to college. Stanford and Butler would be our competition. 247 doesn't rank international prospects, but they have stated he would be a high 4-star if they did.

Lester Quinones - 6'5" 180 lbs - One of the best unsigned guards left. Elite shooting range that we could really use. Shoots it really well off the dribble or catch. I misspoke about him in another thread. I thought we had already offered him, but that's not the case. He is working to set an official visit. I assume he'd get an offer during the visit.

Justin Pierce - William & Mary grad transfer - Regarded as a high-IQ wing. Gets 4 assists per game. Moves well without the ball. 3-point shot has been a bit inconsistent. Shoots it great from the left corner at 53%, but every other spot is sub-30% from three.

Harlond Beverly - 6'4" 170 lbs Combo guard. Primarily a slasher who plays off the ball. Just OK from three and doesn't put up much volume from there. He's taken a few unofficial visits to UM, but no offer to date. Alabama and Kansas have recently offered him, so some stiff competition. We are also recruiting his teammate that is a 5-star 2020 prospect.

Jahaad Proctor - High Point grad transfer - 6'3" 215 lb - Great mid-range game with solid 3-point shooting. Struggled against OSU, only high major game, with only 4 points on 9 shots. Efficient in ball screens, spotting up, and in transition.

Dazon Ingram - Alabama grad transfer - 6'5" 210 lbs - 38% 3-point shooter, but only took 42. 21.7% assist rate which is good, but his TO rate is 26.1%. Not great, Bob. He was one of Bama's better defenders last year, so he would help on that end of the floor. Looks like a possible 3 and D guy that is a solid passer but needs to cut down on TOs.

Daniel Utomi - Akron grad transfer - 6'6" 215 lbs - Pick and pop 4. Shoots 36% or better from all 3-point areas of the floor. 39% 3-point shooter for his career. Struggles do much other than space the floor. Size would be a concern in the B1G as well. 6'6" 4 is not ideal. Only shot 39% from two last year.

Some details on potential late signings and grad transfers. Here are the current targets for us.

Franz Wagner - 6'7" 190 lbs - Moe's younger brother. All of us on this board want him even if you don't know it yet. Plays for ALBA Berlin and is averaging 17 PPG and 4 RPG in 23 MPG for their ProB squad. Shoots 39% from three and would fill in at the 3 or 4 perfectly. He's played limited minutes on their senior team. Averages about 4 PPG in 10 MPG for the senior team. He's deciding this summer if he's going to continue playing in Germany or if he's going to college. Stanford and Butler would be our competition. 247 doesn't rank international prospects, but they have stated he would be a high 4-star if they did.

Lester Quinones - 6'5" 180 lbs - One of the best unsigned guards left. Elite shooting range that we could really use. Shoots it really well off the dribble or catch. I misspoke about him in another thread. I thought we had already offered him, but that's not the case. He is working to set an official visit. I assume he'd get an offer during the visit.

Justin Pierce - William & Mary grad transfer - Regarded as a high-IQ wing. Gets 4 assists per game. Moves well without the ball. 3-point shot has been a bit inconsistent. Shoots it great from the left corner at 53%, but every other spot is sub-30% from three.

Harlond Beverly - 6'4" 170 lbs Combo guard. Primarily a slasher who plays off the ball. Just OK from three and doesn't put up much volume from there. He's taken a few unofficial visits to UM, but no offer to date. Alabama and Kansas have recently offered him, so some stiff competition. We are also recruiting his teammate that is a 5-star 2020 prospect.

Jahaad Proctor - High Point grad transfer - 6'3" 215 lb - Great mid-range game with solid 3-point shooting. Struggled against OSU, only high major game, with only 4 points on 9 shots. Efficient in ball screens, spotting up, and in transition.

Dazon Ingram - Alabama grad transfer - 6'5" 210 lbs - 38% 3-point shooter, but only took 42. 21.7% assist rate which is good, but his TO rate is 26.1%. Not great, Bob. He was one of Bama's better defenders last year, so he would help on that end of the floor. Looks like a possible 3 and D guy that is a solid passer but needs to cut down on TOs.

Daniel Utomi - Akron grad transfer - 6'6" 215 lbs - Pick and pop 4. Shoots 36% or better from all 3-point areas of the floor. 39% 3-point shooter for his career. Struggles do much other than space the floor. Size would be a concern in the B1G as well. 6'6" 4 is not ideal. Only shot 39% from two last year.

Great update ! Thank you. I am just curious. How do we offer any of them when we are already over for scholarships offers next season? They must be expecting some transfers very soon is all I can think of.

Last edited:
Great update ! Thank you. I am just curious. How do we offer any of them when we are already over for scholarships offers next season? They must be expecting some transfers very soon is all I can think of.

It's a line all coaches have to walk these days because they don't know who will enter the draft. You have to be prepared to replace guys. We are definitely losing Matthews, so that puts us at the 13 scholarship limit for next year.

We could lose Iggy, Poole, both, or no one else. It depends on how their draft eval turns out. JB has to be prepared to replace them if they do enter the draft.

None of the guys on the list I provided have an offer yet. That will be dependent on them getting on campus for an official visit. JB won't offer unless that happens. I'd say Quinones is a long shot at this point. He's being recruited by some shady guys, Kevin Broadus (Maryland) for one, and we know JB doesn't play that shit. LSU and Memphis are also at the top of his list. Two programs we know ALWAYS recruit without any under the table benefits.

It's a line all coaches have to walk these days because they don't know who will enter the draft. You have to be prepared to replace guys. We are definitely losing Matthews, so that puts us at the 13 scholarship limit for next year.

We could lose Iggy, Poole, both, or no one else. It depends on how their draft eval turns out. JB has to be prepared to replace them if they do enter the draft.

None of the guys on the list I provided have an offer yet. That will be dependent on them getting on campus for an official visit. JB won't offer unless that happens. I'd say Quinones is a long shot at this point. He's being recruited by some shady guys, Kevin Broadus (Maryland) for one, and we know JB doesn't play that shit. LSU and Memphis are also at the top of his list. Two programs we know ALWAYS recruit without any under the table benefits.

I just watched Michigan podcast with Steve and Michael said that Mathews is pretty much gone and Iggy and Poole will test . Poole and his family are not happy with the Michigan fan base I guess so he may transfer. This is the first I have heard this but it is toward the end after the football stuff.

https://youtu.be/SPed-KhqVFU

I just watched Michigan podcast with Steve and Michael said that Mathews is pretty much gone and Iggy and Poole will test . Poole and his family are not happy with the Michigan fan base I guess so he may transfer. This is the first I have heard this but it is toward the end after the football stuff.

https://youtu.be/SPed-KhqVFU

Eh, that fan base stuff is overblown. Some moron tweeted at his dad and the dad took it all personal. This fan base is not tough at all when it comes to basketball. The majority of us are very appreciative.

He and his family need to get off social media (like every other athlete), and not let one person dictate how he feels.

Eh, that fan base stuff is overblown. Some moron tweeted at his dad and the dad took it all personal. This fan base is not tough at all when it comes to basketball. The majority of us are very appreciative.

He and his family need to get off social media (like every other athlete), and not let one person dictate how he feels.

I'd be really surprised if Poole transferred over something like this. The team seems pretty tight knight, so I'm sure the other players will have his back and it will all blow over.

Twitter sucks. I used to like it for quick sports updates, but it's flooded with morons and hateful assholes.

Back