Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Michigan Men's Basketball Recruiting

Yet, I caught flak for suggesting this about Charles when he was hurt.

DDJ just doesn't flow very well off the tongue, why can't we just call him Dejulius?

You can call him whatever you like. Double D is good too.

I wasn't a big fan after I typed it out to be honest.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

How about just "D?"

LOL

Where's the attrition? I'm on the edge of my seat here.

I mean, if Quinones happens to like it at MIchigan AND Wagner makes the decision to come to MIchigan...what is going to happen?!?!?!

Sam Webb reportes that we have reached out to grad transfer Rayjon Tucker. Played at AR Little Rock last season and averaged 20.3 PPG, 6.7 RPG, and shot 41.1% from three. UNC and Kansas have reached out to him as well.

He's originally from Charlotte, so UNC may have a leg up.

How about just "D?"

LOL

Where's the attrition? I'm on the edge of my seat here.

I mean, if Quinones happens to like it at MIchigan AND Wagner makes the decision to come to MIchigan...what is going to happen?!?!?!

I don't think we are going to know much of anything until the draft process runs its course. Need to know what Iggy and Poole are doing before we can really move forward with any of these guys.

Well, what are our options here

Franz Wagner

Lester Quinones

Harlond Beverly?

Last edited:
What does JB tell these guys? Well, if something comes open in 6 weeks at Michigan, would you maybe be interested? How does one recruit if one doesn't know these things?

I'm sure Michigan is not the only school facing uncertainty. I would bet most schools are not sure whether some of their players will come back and hence how many open recruiting slots they have.

I think it's just the new reality that most all schools face and Michigan's recruits must be hearing similar things from other schools as well. Sure, some lesser school may have a guaranteed slot, but the top flight schools will have players considering the NBA every year.

I don't think we are going to know much of anything until the draft process runs its course. Need to know what Iggy and Poole are doing before we can really move forward with any of these guys.

Why?

Just assume there are three slots and if three high-quality recruits are willing to sign, just get them.

Nobody asked Iggy or Jordan to look to the NBA?so why should they expect Michigan to keep a door wide open for them if the draft doesn?t work out this year?

Now, if they?re not drafted and the slots aren?t filled by three recruits Michigan wants, maybe they come back?who knows?

The worst possible choice would be to sit around and wait to see what happens with Iggy and Jordan, and ask quality recruits to wait around for that-quality recruits would be crazy to do that. Michigan would be crazy to do that.

Just assume they?re gone and reload.

Why?

Just assume there are three slots and if three high-quality recruits are willing to sign, just get them.

Nobody asked Iggy or Jordan to look to the NBA?so why should they expect Michigan to keep a door wide open for them if the draft doesn?t work out this year?

Now, if they?re not drafted and the slots aren?t filled by three recruits Michigan wants, maybe they come back?who knows?

The worst possible choice would be to sit around and wait to see what happens with Iggy and Jordan, and ask quality recruits to wait around for that-quality recruits would be crazy to do that. Michigan would be crazy to do that.

Just assume they?re gone and reload.

I agree with this.

I've been reading that both are totally gone anyway.

JB is visiting him? I thought I saw a blurb that he is visiting Michigan.

JB is flying out to Williamsburg, VA to visit with him tomorrow. Most think he is leaning towards ND. I'd prefer to get Rayjon Tucker, but getting both would be ideal.

I think Poole and Iggy are both leaning towards leaving even though it doesn't make a lot of sense draft wise. Neither are projected in the 1st round. From blurbs I've read from NBA scouts, both are expected to be drafted late 2nd and be sent to the G-League.

UMHoops talked about JB's frustration with Poole this year earlier today. They posted:

"The thing that sticks with me is just the frustration between Poole and Beilein late in the year. At the Big Ten/NCAA Tournaments we usually have the opportunity to sit courtside or near the court and there was just a frustration really between both parties trying to figure out how to make it work. They just could never click this season.

I don’t think that’s to say they couldn’t have eventually clicked but the frustration – to my eyes – spoke to the fact that both knew how good they could be if they did figure it out. It just never happened this year. You don’t get frustrated with a player that can’t do it, you get frustrated when you know a player can be something more.

I think that Beilein would relish the opportunity to coach Poole for another year because if he gets buy in he could be special.

A lot of variables at play in this one that impacted the situation in my opinion which really speaks to how fragile college basketball is at this level.

I think I might have mentioned it in my recap but the Poole turnover near the end of the first half against Texas Tech might have been as frustrated as I’ve seen Beilein."

Maybe that frustration is pushing Poole towards wanting to enter the draft. Can't say for sure, but we rarely see these type of observations with JB and his players.

Last edited:
The shot ruined Poole. Don't get me wrong. I'm a big fan and think he could've been a really good player. He says that he doesn't want to be only known at Michigan for "the shot," but his play this year showed that he won't be. We'll all remember the shot, but we'll also remember him taking numerous plays off on D, the guy he was supposed to guard hitting big shots, taking contested jab step 3 pointers that never go in, and just slacking. Every now and then, he'd focus and look great, but not enough. I really wish he would come back to Michigan and play like we all know that he can, but I'm not seeing it right now.

The shot ruined Poole. Don't get me wrong. I'm a big fan and think he could've been a really good player. He says that he doesn't want to be only known at Michigan for "the shot," but his play this year showed that he won't be. We'll all remember the shot, but we'll also remember him taking numerous plays off on D, the guy he was supposed to guard hitting big shots, taking contested jab step 3 pointers that never go in, and just slacking. Every now and then, he'd focus and look great, but not enough. I really wish he would come back to Michigan and play like we all know that he can, but I'm not seeing it right now.

100% agree with every word. Really disappointing if that's the story of his career at UM.

Spot on H! Spot on. Shame he may leave for the Nba. The kid is not ready yet.

I think I'd rather they get any combination of 2 of the 3 recruits available.

That Pierce kid would be a great get and would give one of our developing shooters a little more time.

Back