Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Mike Ilitch gone now Chris Ilitch possibly selling the Tigers?

Is Al Avila a worse GM than Matt Millen or Bob Quinn?

This roster is a disaster. The team is a disaster. And now that Tork and Greene (when he returns) are with the big league club, the farm system is middle of the pack. After trading all of those assets 4 and 5 years ago, you end up with a bottom 2 MLB team, and a farm system anywhere from 12-16th in the league.

The traded Verlander, Upton, Kinsler, and JD Martinez. Around 20 all star games between them, several after they were traded. Ou of the 10 players they got in return, none are in the majors, and 4 of them are out of baseball altogether. I realize you're dumping salary, but you still have to get something, anything, that will help you someday.

Is Al Avila a worse GM than Matt Millen or Bob Quinn?

This roster is a disaster. The team is a disaster. And now that Tork and Greene (when he returns) are with the big league club, the farm system is middle of the pack. After trading all of those assets 4 and 5 years ago, you end up with a bottom 2 MLB team, and a farm system anywhere from 12-16th in the league.

The traded Verlander, Upton, Kinsler, and JD Martinez. Around 20 all star games between them, several after they were traded. Ou of the 10 players they got in return, none are in the majors, and 4 of them are out of baseball altogether. I realize you're dumping salary, but you still have to get something, anything, that will help you someday.

I would say he's not worse than those guys. Baseball is by far more difficult. When you draft a player in football you are drafting an NFL ready player. Baseball players typically take 3-5 years to develop and I think only about 20% ever make it to the major leagues.

9 seasons above .500 in the 28 full seasons of ownership by the Ilitch family.

(93, a tiny 12 year gap, 06, 07, 09, 11, 12, 13, 14 ,16, 5 year gap and rising).

Very likely to be 9 seasons of 29, after 2022 is concluded. 9 of 29 is 31%.

Christopher Ilitch on the Tigers at Derek Lalonde's Red Wings new Coach news conference:

"I'm very pleased with the progress. Despite a very slow start this season, there's actually some good progress happening with some of the young guys that have come up and developed and so on and so forth."

Fuck You Chris, You f'n Malaka!!

A Chris Ilitch sighting today at a Red Wings press conference. When asked about the Detroit Tigers, he said "I?m very pleased with the progress at the Detroit Tigers." This despite the team's pace to lose 100 games once again this year. And yes, he said it with a straight face.

This comes on the heels of multiple national reports about the Tigers' failing rebuild. And despite his words about this being a "process", the Giants started their rebuild also in 2017. It took them 4 years. The Tigers are in year #6 with more years of the same yet to come.

But if Ilitch doesn't make changes at the end of the year, there will be untold levels of fan wrath that he cannot imagine. Studies show that teams start losing fans after 5 years. Fans who don't come back.

Totally Tigers

Chris Ilitch: "I'm very pleased with the progress of the team".
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FWmRcuNXoAIP_D3?format=jpg&name=small

How out of touch do you have to be to declare the rebuild is 100% over and then look at the team, 17 games below .500 with the worst offense in the 120+ year history of the Detroit Tigers and say "I'm very pleased".

Isaac Parades has 9 hrs in the last 27 days.
Nobody on the Tigers has more than 7.....this season.

I used to think Al Avila was the worst public speaker in Tigers history.. welp.. considering the spring debacle in the owners CBA vote and yesterday .. that Illitch family had 7 kids and not one of them was equipped to be an owner of a baseball team.

Why does a fan.. know the right thing to say and an owner doesn?t?

I?d settle for the more diplomatic ?this season hasn?t gone how we wanted and is unacceptable and we know we have a ton of work to do for 2023 and we will be attacking it aggressively.? I?m still dumbfounded after yesterday?s comments and I root for Chris I to figure things out.

Last edited:
Back