Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Motherfuckers

No, it's because they want to kill us all and will not stop until they do or they are killed.
They want to kill Americans because we interfere in their region for our own interest. Bin Laden turned his attention to terror when the Saudis went to us to defend them against Iraq as opposed to the Mujahideen. Their are fundamental differences in the Islamic world between those who want to join the rest of the world and those who want to withdraw and stay stuck in the stone ages. If it's not isis it will be someone else.

The best thing we could do is drop them 100 million I phones with free service.

They want to kill Americans because we interfere in their region for our own interest. Bin Laden turned his attention to terror when the Saudis went to us to defend them against Iraq as opposed to the Mujahideen. Their are fundamental differences in the Islamic world between those who want to join the rest of the world and those who want to withdraw and stay stuck in the stone ages. If it's not isis it will be someone else.

So we should go back to the stone age ourselves and they will leave us alone?

They already have iPhones and other technology, using it to access Social Media and other aspects to stay in touch and recruit. Not sure how giving them the phones would help anything. They might turn to us and say, "thanks for helping our cause"...or use them to remotely detonate bombs...or something in between.

I'm not arguing we need to help the Muslims who are suffering at the hands of the extremists. The women and children need to be better educated than just reading or listening to their extremist leaders. That is the way to begin turning the tide toward a better overall future, but we cannot ignore the current threat in hopes for that potential but not guaranteed future. ISIS is a "now" problem.

Are they going to sneak up on through the Allegheny Mountains on elephants?

If they were really attempting to kill us all, I'm confident that our military forces would dispatch them quite quickly.

NO, they are going to walk over the Mexican border.

NO, they are going to walk over the Mexican border.

They have no idea what they'd be up against.

Little 8 year old Guatemalan girls who had just walked 2000 miles with no food, water or sleep will take umbrage to those towel heads who aren't even from the same hemisphere that are trying to beat them to the US border.

They have no idea what they'd be up against.

Little 8 year old Guatemalan girls who had just walked 2000 miles with no food, water or sleep will take umbrage to those towel heads who aren't even from the same hemisphere that are trying to beat them to the US border.

They are already there.

This thread is now about Norte Dame.

Motherfuckers! Who gets 31 points on 280 yards and shuts out an opponent with 289 yards?

Zxyt, this one's for you. If you want to turn South Bend to glass, I can look the other way.

Zxyt, this one's for you. If you want to turn South Bend to glass, I can look the other way.
the town is such a dump. it's really awful.

the biggest silver lining to this rivalry being over is that I'll never have to go there again to see Michigan play.

Awesome idea,but I would prefer using a Railgun so that no radiation is able to extend beyond South Bend and potentially kill innocent civilians (there is no such thing in South Bend for no self-respecting true Wolverine fan would ever live there) and it might be usable in some fashion after destroying it.

However, the timing of this must be when they have one of those reunion things where all their "greats" are gathered together in one tight convenient target.

For the record I AM joking....kind of...maybe...then again... Lol

Last edited:
Oh, I know! We can use it to store all WMD waste material that no one else in the world will accept, even China. Why destroy more of the ocean's ecosystem? Send it all to South Bend where it can properly be concentrated with that mother fucking hell hole.

Their own "interest" is to rule by force and kill anyone who resists them. THIS faction wants to kill anyone who is not Islam, and it is doing exactly that. This a simple case of ethnic cleaning on religious grounds: a Caliphate. It will not stop until it is stopped.

Their own "interest" is to rule by force and kill anyone who resists them. THIS faction wants to kill anyone who is not Islam, and it is doing exactly that. This a simple case of ethnic cleaning on religious grounds: a Caliphate. It will not stop until it is stopped.

Meh... watching more than ample amounts of footage from the last decade or so, of American police in riot gear beating the tar out of peaceful protestors, and at least not seriously violent ones, I think you can say the United States of America is removed from the part of its history where it sought to rule by something other than force, and was legitimately governed by its citizen voters.

When NATO came to Chicago for their meeting, I could feel the heavy hand of LE, and see them, in face shields, automatic weapons in hand, just driving around the city. It was clear this was not my country. It may be again some day if things change for the better, but it is not right now.

We're apparently going to war again in Iraq, and this decision was made with no input from our elected officials - other than a rubber stamp from the President - and I wonder what would happen to any of them who seriously tried to hold it up...

Meh... watching more than ample amounts of footage from the last decade or so, of American police in riot gear beating the tar out of peaceful protestors, and at least not seriously violent ones, I think you can say the United States of America is removed from the part of its history where it sought to rule by something other than force, and was legitimately governed by its citizen voters.

When NATO came to Chicago for their meeting, I could feel the heavy hand of LE, and see them, in face shields, automatic weapons in hand, just driving around the city. It was clear this was not my country. It may be again some day if things change for the better, but it is not right now.

This has been going on in varied degrees since before the ink was dry on the Constitution. If you are saying that an ISIS-ruled state is equivocal to what the gub'mint has been doing here since the Alien and Sedition Act was passed and before, well I can't sign that.

We're apparently going to war again in Iraq, and this decision was made with no input from our elected officials - other than a rubber stamp from the President - and I wonder what would happen to any of them who seriously tried to hold it up...

I'm as concerned over the potential damage it can inflict within our borders.

This has been going on in varied degrees since before the ink was dry on the Constitution. If you are saying that an ISIS-ruled state is equivocal to what the gub'mint has been doing here since the Alien and Sedition Act was passed and before, well I can't sign that.

All I can say about ISIS is what I've seen and read as filtered through the lens of the US Media. And as I and others have mentioned here, after the amount of misinformation & outright lies spread about our wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, etc. I have more than ample reason to seriously question their veracity.

I have no reason to believe that ISIS would want to harm me, other than the assertions set forth by pro-war voices in our government and media, who, as noted above, have frequently been wrong about Islam, terrorism, and threats posed to the United States. actually, I can't think of a single time they've ever been right.

ISIS very well could be a less attractive government than the United States government... and probably is, but presumably a lot of Muslims in that region would rather live under ISIS than whatever despots we're propping up in Damascus and Baghdad. Given our record there, and treatment of Muslims in the Middle East, can you really blame them for that?

Did law enforcement take this kind of turn during the Great Depression?

All I can say about ISIS is what I've seen and read as filtered through the lens of the US Media. And as I and others have mentioned here, after the amount of misinformation & outright lies spread about our wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, etc. I have more than ample reason to seriously question their veracity.

There are other international resources that you can easily access.

I have no reason to believe that ISIS would want to harm me, other than the assertions set forth by pro-war voices in our government and media, who, as noted above, have frequently been wrong about Islam, terrorism, and threats posed to the United States. actually, I can't think of a single time they've ever been right.

ISIS is saying this themselves, unfiltered.

ISIS very well could be a less attractive government than the United States government... and probably is, but presumably a lot of Muslims in that region would rather live under ISIS than whatever despots we're propping up in Damascus and Baghdad. Given our record there, and treatment of Muslims in the Middle East, can you really blame them for that?

As corrupt as things are here, I can count on the fact that I will not be herded out of my home because I'm Catholic.

I'm surprised you wrote this.

ISIS is saying this themselves, unfiltered.
No offense, but where? I binged "ISIS threatens America" and all I see are links to the Daily Caller, Newsmax, Infowars, "Minute Men News" and other such right-wing anti-immigration cites. If there are credible threats coming from them, why isn't anyone who's not a racist, warmongering nutjob reporting it? Unless the links to MSNBC, the NYTimes, WaPo, are buried below those?

As corrupt as things are here, I can count on the fact that I will not be herded out of my home because I'm Catholic.
beside the point. there aren't a lot of Catholics living in the ISIS-controlled regions of the world...

I've learned not to take anything for granted in terms of international relations, no matter how credible they seem at the time. so... yeah. if it seems insane to even question the casus belli against ISIS now, remember 1964, 1990, 2001, 2003, and 2011, and all the misinformation in between & since.

Yeah, but comparing the attractiveness between ISIS and the US gov? Talk about false equivalence...

Back