Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Motherfuckers

it's funny watching Republicans (or "centrist" DC Democrats) suddenly care about gay rights, women's rights, minority rights, the safety and access of reporters/media, etc. when they're trying to justify bombing someone in the Middle East.

if Foley had been covering race riots in Ferguson, MO and gotten the crap beat out of him by the Ferguson PD, Republicans would cheer for more.

It's funny watching chump try to deflect and completely change the subject when he gets his ass handed to him.

Eventually we will get up-close and personal with ISIS, whether we like it or not. It's inevitable. In fact, there are reports of it happening already. So do not be surprised that a year from now U.S. troops are back in Iraq, if not sooner than that. Our politicians are telling us that it won't happen ... a sure sign that it will happen.

I think that's mainly because they're beheading Americans. If they were killing them with more conventional methods like bombing or shooting them, we wouldn't have the same response. really strange but I think it's true. If some Baathist in Iraq blew up a car bomb to kill an american journalist it's buried on the 4th page of the newspaper. if they kill them with a knife, it's the lead story on the morning news

How is what you bolded strawman when YOU said it? YOU said we need to stay out of the Middle East, remove all the troops, it's another Vietnam, blah, blah, blah. That isn't strawman, that is YOUR exact viewpoint that YOU have posted numerous times.

Why don't you read it again. It was strawman because you said I tried to explain that peace would be attained on it's own. Here is the exact wording: "So Thumb, you advocate pulling out of the Middle East entirely and try to explain that in so doing the Middle East will attain peace on its own."

Which was what I specifically pointed out on that post that I quoted.

Check your bullshit man, I never said any such thing.

I'm not sidestepping anything, but keep trying to once again make me the bad guy.

YOU keep saying we should not send troops to the Middle East. THAT is defending ISIS. Plain and simple, you are advocating that they continue doing what they do because you don't think the US should get involved.

You also never criticize them for their actions, you just blow it off and ignore and hope it will go away, which it NEVER will. You blame Israel and the US for their behavior. THAT IS HOW YOU DEFEND ISIS, BY PLACING THE BLAME FOR THEIR BEHAVIOR ON OTHERS!!!! Do I really have to go through the entirety of all your countless posts to demonstrate how many times you have blamed the US and Israel? Or are you now going to deny that you blame the US and Israel for ISIS existing, that the US and Israel are the REAL problem and the solution is for the US and Israel to no longer exist in the Middle East, that by pulling out and let the Muslims sort it out themselves that all will be fine in your little world.

I'm not side stepping a damn thing. You support ISIS and other extremist Muslims every time you place the blame for their behavior on the US and Israel, because according to you and your ilk, they are the ones actually committing the atrocities and should be banished.

Funniest part is, you don't even understand how the things you say are defending ISIS, because you are incapable of grasping what will happen next if the US and Israel actually did remove all of their people from the areas. And no, as I have said countless times, I do not hold them blameless, but I certainly do not push the agenda that you do simply because they have faults, make mistakes, and have bad people too. Just like I do not blame the Moderate Muslims for the actions of Extremist Muslim terrorists. Heck, I don't really have an issue with some extremist Muslims provided they are not killing, torturing, denying basic human rights, teaching others to kill, torture, etc. and other actions that make them cross into the realm of criminal behavior at best...but the extremist Muslims not doing those things are very few and far between unfortunately while the majority are exactly those types of people. Of course, according to you, they only behave that way because of what the US and Israel have done to them.

That is some Joe McCarthy logic right there.

This whole post is another rant that sounds like a sound byte from Bill O'Reilly.

man, zyxt is not the kind of guy you want mad at you... on the internet at least.

he's willing to post about nuking you back into the Stone Age. Millions of deaths? Small price to pay to be the toughest Fox News viewer in the room.

man, zyxt is not the kind of guy you want mad at you... on the internet at least.

he's willing to post about nuking you back into the Stone Age. Millions of deaths? Small price to pay to be the toughest Fox News viewer in the room.

I especially like his logic that nuking the middle east into glass would be preferable to letting ISIS take over. Couple billion collateral deaths, no problem for Mr. tough guy.

Him and Palin should hook up.

There is certainly a higher profile to the beheadings as they are particularly brutal but also because there is an actual propaganda campaign that goes along with them - the victims are kidnapped, tortured, offered in exchange for money or prisoners or whatever then their executions are posted on youtube by the perpetrators along w/ some threats about how this is going to happen in the streets of our cities someday soon. We know the victims names, we know they've been missing - there is a whole build up to it. That said, I think the call to action comes more from the totality of the threat - ISIS' rapid growth, the power/land/weapons they've seized, and the wholesale barbarism with which they're spreading their campaign of terror and their overt threat to kill any and all nonbelievers anywhere on the planet - than a couple videos, as horrifying as they may be.

Last edited:

I especially like his logic that nuking the middle east into glass would be preferable to letting ISIS take over. Couple billion collateral deaths, no problem for Mr. tough guy.

I'm gonna start calling you two Thumb and Thumber - I know in reality it's the reverse but it chump and chumper doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

Last edited:
There is certainly a higher profile to the beheadings as they are particularly brutal but also because there is an actual propaganda campaign that goes along with them - the victims are kidnapped, tortured, offered in exchange for money or prisoners or whatever then their executions are posted on youtube by the perpetrators along w/ some threats about how this is going to happen in the streets of our cities someday soon. We know the victims names, we know they've been missing - there is a whole build up to it. That said, I think the call to action comes more from the totality of the threat - ISIS' rapid growth and the wholesale barbarism with which they're spreading their campaign of terror - than a couple videos, as horrifying as they may be.

you're only the second toughest Fox News viewer here. zyxt could (and would) totally kick your ass.

Um, I'm not exactly sure what side I'm on now. I don't think we should send troops to zyxt's house...so I think that means I'm defending him.

Last edited:
I'm gonna start calling you two Thumb and Thumber - I know in reality it's the reverse but it chump and chumper doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

Yeah, but do you want to send troops to their houses?

you're only the second toughest Fox News viewer here. zyxt could (and would) totally kick your ass.

Maybe he would - I have no idea - but I tend to agree with him so I don't feel threatened. And I don't watch Fox News. Either way, neither of us has anything to worry about from a huffpo reading, Keith Olberman wannabe sissy like you.

it's funny watching Republicans (or "centrist" DC Democrats) suddenly care about gay rights, women's rights, minority rights, the safety and access of reporters/media, etc. when they're trying to justify bombing someone in the Middle East.

if Foley had been covering race riots in Ferguson, MO and gotten the crap beat out of him by the Ferguson PD, Republicans would cheer for more.

not sure if you were directing this at me, but personally I've had a long standing support for gay rights (brother is gay and I work at Disney in Orlando...where if you have a problem with homosexuals, you will not last long), women's rights, minority rights, supporting the media, etc. there is zero change in my position from before / after ISIS came about.

as for Ferguson, there have been obvious abuses by the police and those specific instances need to be addressed, including potential jail time for the police performing criminal acts, but in particular the top brass need a dramatic turnover for having enabled their subordinates to feel it is right to act in such fashion (let alone their blatant ineptitude when addressing the public in person or through press conferences).

so I'm not really sure what you are finding funny, as in ironic or whatever you were trying to get across as a flip-flop or whatnot. at least for me, that is not remotely the case.

I think that's mainly because they're beheading Americans. If they were killing them with more conventional methods like bombing or shooting them, we wouldn't have the same response. really strange but I think it's true. If some Baathist in Iraq blew up a car bomb to kill an american journalist it's buried on the 4th page of the newspaper. if they kill them with a knife, it's the lead story on the morning news

not disagreeing with your point, but I think it also has to do with how they are using it as propaganda online to try and gain support for their cause. ISIS is not only more ruthless than most other groups, they are also displaying higher levels of strategic thinking which is a very dangerous combination. if they were beheading Americans and not broadcasting it for the world, it would also end up buried and an afterthought for all but the direct families. plus the car bombing could - for some - be attributed to "bad luck, wrong time/place" type of a view whereas the beheading is incapable of being so easily brushed off one's shoulders. they are directly calling out the US with their actions. if the US reacts, they are the bad guys...I get that, but if they don't react they are cowards who are on the run and it becomes open season until the US finally puts their foot down and says "enough". ISIS will not stop until they are forceably stopped, they have made that abundantly clear.

once again, re-read the post with X and X+1 that I explained in detail to eliminate the confusion about using nukes.

I'm not Mr. tough guy, I am merely able to see the End Game. If you cannot recognize what would happen with ISIS having complete control, that is not my fault for I have tried to explain it to you. But for the record, one more time, let's give it another go. IF ISIS took over, they would not stop until they took over Israel. The US won't have to use their nukes, Israel will use theirs...but let's assume for a millisecond that ISIS overruns Israel so fast that Israel is not able to use their nukes. Now ISIS has all of the Middle East under their control.

Do you honestly believe they will stop there? With all of the Muslims around the world, you think a group that is that power hungry will merely stop with conquering the Middle East? History has proven that fundamentalist groups like this never stop until they are defeated. With their strategic abilities, they will see other regions available for their taking and with a highly probable belief that they are doing God's will, they will push into other regions.

So at what point would you prefer to stop them? Before it reaches the point they attain such power, or after?

Last edited:
Um, I'm not exactly sure what side I'm on now. I don't think we should send troops to zyxt's house...so I think that means I'm defending him.

ROFLMFAO...thanks Blue for the much needed humorous post. You and Tinsel definitely have your moments. ;)

Again...it was a year ago that Obama was calling for Assad to step down, in the face of the rebels who came to be ISIS...

And McCain was referring to these rebels as "the good guys..."

The side "we should be on" seems to be a continual moving target...

Back