Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU Football recruiting

I cant even find any info on this one. We need the Big Three to just pull the damn trigger. We are still behind Western Michigan :argh:

We have the #9 ranked class in the country, but that's more of a function of numbers. This class will end up being ranked anywhere from 13-20.

Lukasa's offer list is ridiculous, Auburn, Florida, Miami, LSU, Ohio State, UM, Tennessee, Wisky, Oregon, etc etc. but it was down to us and OSU. He was a mid 4 star, but didn't show well at a camp and was dropped to a high 3 star. He's probably a lot heavier than his listed 300 lbs.

Last edited:
Which site do you guys usually refer to when looking at recruits? I tend to stick to 247, but I have no idea if that's any good.

Which site do you guys usually refer to when looking at recruits? I tend to stick to 247, but I have no idea if that's any good.

247 or Rivals, but Scout sometimes ranks guys at the position they're going to play in college more often than the mother sites.

Case in point, Rivals and 247 rank Lukasa at tackle, well, he's not going to play tackle in college, he'll play guard, Scout ranks him at guard as a 4 star. Same thing a couple years ago with Vayante Copeland, Rivals and 246 ranked him as a RB, Scout as a 4 star corner, we recruited him as a corner and he'll be in the rotation this year.

Overall, 247 and Rivals are the best though IMO, but the 247 composite needs to drop ESPN to be more accurate.

More than the sites though I look at offers, and in that regard our peer group has completely changed in the last 2 cycles, we used to be beating Louisville, Cincinnati , and Kentucky for recruits. These last 2 cycles we have a bunch of players we beat the likes of LSU, Alabama, Florida State, Ohio State, Georgia, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, and Auburn for. Lukasa just received offers from Auburn, Georgia, and Florida.

rivals almost exclusively but I don't follow recruiting as closely as a lot of guys here. i mostly learn about this or that kid here then do a search for him and check out rivals for his ranking (position/nation/state and stars) and where his other offers are from. Beyond that, it's not that helpful as most of the interesting content requires a subscription. And I don't know if what is available for free is any better there than 247 or Scouts - I'm just used to it and prefer the layout.

Last edited:
Holy shit. Another commitment coming tonight. Not sure who yet.

Edit: OH O Lineman Gavin Cupp commits.

Last edited:
Damn! Dantonio is raiding Ohio. Don't you guys have any ballers in Michigan? Remember when that dipshit Mike Hart flapped his gums one too many times? Dantonio will never forget! Long may you kick Michigan's ass and long may it be with Ohio ballers who chose MSU over the Michigan Marketeers!

This is join. To be CMD's biggest class, maybe 24-26 recruits. Really good to see us LAN a lot of our top targets.

Josh King has named a final 3 of Michigan State, USC, and Penn State. He is announcing June 6th. Really think we lead, but you never know with these kids. I always thought Ohio State and ND were our biggest competition for him.

We have the #9 ranked class in the country, but that's more of a function of numbers. This class will end up being ranked anywhere from 13-20.

Lukasa's offer list is ridiculous, Auburn, Florida, Miami, LSU, Ohio State, UM, Tennessee, Wisky, Oregon, etc etc. but it was down to us and OSU. He was a mid 4 star, but didn't show well at a camp and was dropped to a high 3 star. He's probably a lot heavier than his listed 300 lbs.

We moved up 13 spots in the past 4 days.:tup:

Last edited:
Does anyone have good information on Gavin Cupp? I see he's rated 3 stars, and his offer list isn't exactly impressive. Is this a big get, or a depth pickup?

Does anyone have good information on Gavin Cupp? I see he's rated 3 stars, and his offer list isn't exactly impressive. Is this a big get, or a depth pickup?

He's a very athletic O lineman and a top 25 player in Ohio. He has the feet to play tackle, but will probably end up at guard. He committed because he said he wanted to make sure he had a spot. I think we're saving another O line spot for Alaric Jackson, but that might be all we take this class.

Cupp is a plan A recruit because of his versatility. He's been called very underrated.

He's a very athletic O lineman and a top 25 player in Ohio. He has the feet to play tackle, but will probably end up at guard. He committed because he said he wanted to make sure he had a spot. I think we're saving another O line spot for Alaric Jackson, but that might be all we take this class.

Cupp is a plan A recruit because of his versatility. He's been called very underrated.

Sounds good, then. The coaches have gone a long way turning good athletes into great football players. If we can't be Alabama/OSU grabbing guys who are already both, might as well start from the best tools and build the rest.

Cupp was expecting an OSU offer at camp but didn't want to wait.

I think the key for our recruiting strategy is to get the second biggest haul out of Ohio and win michigan. If we can continue to do that we'll be in great shape

Cupp was expecting an OSU offer at camp but didn't want to wait.

I think the key for our recruiting strategy is to get the second biggest haul out of Ohio and win michigan. If we can continue to do that we'll be in great shape

That's literally exactly how Michigan was a regional power for 30 years.

These Ohio kids that don't go to OSU for one reason it another have been waiting for a reason not to go to UM. Now that the OSU-UM rivalry game doesn't mean anything anymore, there's really no reason for any Ohio kid to go to UM anymore.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say the OSU/UM game "doesn't mean anything". It's still a pretty damn big deal.

The implications arent the same the last 10 years but probably a big deal for Michigans fans.

Trust me, the Michigan game remains a huge deal to OSU fans. We want to crush them every time out and see them crushed in every other other conference game. If I remember correctly, I still pull for them in Bowl games because its the B1G.

The OSU-MSU game, obviously, is the one that has had championship implications recently. From reading posts, I know that many/most of you guys hate the Buckeyes. It's not at all the same in reverse, however. For as long as Dantonio is in EL, Buckeye fans will have nothing but respect for Sparty and will wish them well every time out.

OSU fans love Dantonio because he was once a Buckeye and because he owns the Wolverines.

Trust me, the Michigan game remains a huge deal to OSU fans. We want to crush them every time out and see them crushed in every other other conference game. If I remember correctly, I still pull for them in Bowl games because its the B1G.

The OSU-MSU game, obviously, is the one that has had championship implications recently. From reading posts, I know that many/most of you guys hate the Buckeyes. It's not at all the same in reverse, however. For as long as Dantonio is in EL, Buckeye fans will have nothing but respect for Sparty and will wish them well every time out.

OSU fans love Dantonio because he was once a Buckeye and because he owns the Wolverines.

I don't think there's much hate at all from Spartans towards Buckeye Football. Urban Meyer can be a little slimy, but for the most part he's built a powerhouse there the right way. No doubt OSU loves crushing UM 12 out of 13 seasons, but that rivalry game used to be so big to Ohio kids that they would go to UM just to be able to play in that one game. That is no longer the case. It's just not that if of a game anymore that Ohio kids that didn't go to OSU will seek to go to the hated rival.

Meyer has Ohio State at the top and we know that in order to achieve our goals we need to get better. I think that's great for the conference. If we improve enough to somehow beat you guys in Columbus, who can't we beat?

Most MSU fans and Alum I know dont hate the Bucks, I dont. I dont remember reading many anti-osu posts here or even on the ESPN board.

Last edited:
Back