Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU Football recruiting

I'll speak for most msu fans and say I hate the buckeyes one week each year, I hate the wolverines 52 weeks

Insiders are saying that Corley, Lyke, King, and Robertson may have given their verbals to Dantonio, but the group is announcing together in June over a few days to maximize the impact. Naquan Jones is also part of the group, but has not verbally committed to CMD yet. Levert Hill will take a little longer, but the commitment of Demtric Vance was big as they are best friends. Corley may not announce until later in the summer.

Another guy is Jaquan Yulee, a top 150 LB who we are a finalist for. He has become right with some current commits and is announcing June 4th.

Jones, Lyke, King, Robertson, and Yulee are all announcing between June 3rd and June 7th. Austen Mack is also announcing June 7th, but he's an Ohio Stye lean.

Khalid Kareem is still a possibility, but only if he's OK being the third DE in the class. Thoughts are he is looking at Alabama hard right now.

The next few weeks are going to be something. Of course all the insiders could be totly wrong as they've been before, but this seems to stretch across several insiders from multiple services.

Last edited:
This years class is a direct result of Curtis Blackwell's role with the program. This doesn't get mentioned enough. They guy has been HUGE for the program.

Insiders are saying that Corley, Lyke, King, and Robertson may have given their verbals to Dantonio, but the group is announcing together in June over a few days to maximize the impact. Naquan Jones is also part of the group, but has not verbally committed to CMD yet. Levert Hill will take a little longer, but the commitment of Demtric Vance was big as they are best friends. Corley may not announce until later in the summer.

Another guy is Jaquan Yulee, a top 150 LB who we are a finalist for. He has become right with some current commits and is announcing June 4th.

Jones, Lyke, King, Robertson, and Yulee are all announcing between June 3rd and June 7th. Austen Mack is also announcing June 7th, but he's an Ohio Stye lean.

Khalid Kareem is still a possibility, but only if he's OK being the third DE in the class. Thoughts are he is looking at Alabama hard right now.

The next few weeks are going to be something. Of course all the insiders could be totly wrong as they've been before, but this seems to stretch across several insiders from multiple services.

I was really hoping that on June 6 the 3 headed monster (King, Corley, Robertson) would commit. Hope youre right big daddy. Everything I read is that Lyke is a lock. Im not going to get anxious like I did with the Swanigan thing but ill remain optimistic, very optimistic:bat:

There are also rumors swirling for Daelin Hayes and Lavert Hill heading to EL and breaking "their lease". I dont much stake in rumors but again, ill remain very cautiously, confidently optimistic:bat:

There are also rumors swirling for Daelin Hayes and Lavert Hill heading to EL and breaking "their lease". I dont much stake in rumors but again, ill remain very cautiously, confidently optimistic:bat:

Hill visited MSU last week with Corley, that's where Corley committed to Dantonio. Hill at MSU is more likely than not. Hayes has visited a couple times this Spring, but I think he still ends up at USC.

Out of everyone I am fairly certain Corley has already committed, Lyke or King is also a commit. And two others may have also. Corley is already helping recruit others.

Last edited:
Hill visited MSU last week with Corley, that's where Corley committed to Dantonio. Hill at MSU is more likely than not. Hayes has visited a couple times this Spring, but I think he still ends up at USC.

Out of everyone I am fairly certain Corley has already committed, Lyke or King is also a commit. And two others may have also. Corley is already helping recruit others.

Corley was wearing MSU gear a few weeks ago and has visited 4ooo times. Its us or OSU. Hes Green johnny, cmon he has to be....wow thats some buttery goodness, chambers, layne and corley lined up lol

In my mind im expecting worse case scenario 2/3 for robertson king and corley.

Hill is more likely of the 2. Hayes just last week reaffirmed his USC commitment. But with these kids nowadays who knows :shrug:

Hill is more likely of the 2. Hayes just last week reaffirmed his USC commitment. But with these kids nowadays who knows :shrug:

Exactly. i have to remind myself im not entitled to watching these guys go Green. I expect them to but im not entitled. :bat:

Last edited:
Corley was wearing MSU gear a few weeks ago and has visited 4ooo times. Its us or OSU. Hes Green johnny, cmon he has to be....wow thats some buttery goodness, chambers, layne and corley lined up lol

In my mind im expecting worse case scenario 2/3 for robertson king and corley.

The WR class will be one of the best in the country. But the D line class could be better than our 2014 D line class. King, Robertson, Jones, maybe Joesph and Kareem.

To me though, Yulee would be the biggest commit, the one area where we have not recruited elite players IMO is LB and Yulee is a top 150 guy there. He's at best 50-50 Green though.

Levert Hill is now the top player in the state according to 247 and Rivals will bump him there soon too after his performance at their camp. I think we will get him too.

This will be Dantonio's top rated class, but it's still put together the same way all of his classes are, he's still getting the types of kids he wants and building a family atmosphere. And Blackwell has his finger prints all over this class, and his being a Detroit King alumnus is very big considering we just pulled Tyriq Thompson and Kyonta Stallworth from King, will likely pull Corley and Hill this year. Really impressed that Cam Chambers has seemingly taken the lead in all of this, considering he's an East Coast guy that's awesome he's all in.

Rexrode wrote a piece also backing up what most of the insiders are saying:

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/c.../michigan-state-football-recruiting/27473251/

"It's definitely crazy how fast things are moving," Chambers said. "I know of a couple more commitments right now. But sorry, I can't tell you who."

For the last several recruiting cycles what you've seen is Dantonio raise our floor more than raise the ceiling, this is the class that looks to smash through that ceiling and we could have as many as 8-10 guys in the top 200 when it's all said and done. That would really be something unprecedented.

You guys will enjoy reading this article and the comments. From Eleven Warriors:

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-...-stay-with-ohio-state-on-the-recruiting-trail

The comments are what I'd expect, and they come not only from us owning UM, but from Dantonio being a key to OSU's 2002 national Title. There's just a lot of respect there.

Ohio State fans for the most part are fairly classy. The animosity that some MSU fans might have for OSU I think is partly just residual from living in the state of Michigan.

It's pretty clear to me that Ohio State has set a high bar for MSU that we're going to have to improve a lot to reach. I think that we've got a chance to be up to the task. What's very important is improving throughout the season, in 2013 we improved every week until we were I believe the best team in the country. 2014 we did not improve quite as much and Ohio State improved a lot. There was talk Urban and his staff had been game planning for MSU's defense since the Spring of 2014, they definitely exposed a couple weaknesses that I think we can shore up. But the O line play of Ohio State was incredible too.

Think about this, if we beat Oregon at home and a couple other teams lose, the game between MSU and OSU at the Horseshoe could be #1 vs #2, that would be insane.

Corley's decision is going to be interesting. Buckeyes would love to have him. It's down to the class of the B1G, MSU or OSU. The Ann Arbor Marketeers are on the outside looking in... once again.

Corley's decision is going to be interesting. Buckeyes would love to have him. It's down to the class of the B1G, MSU or OSU. The Ann Arbor Marketeers are on the outside looking in... once again.

I would be shocked if he doesn't pick MSU. I know he was high on OSU a few months ago, but all indications are that he's already committed to Dantonio in private, but wants to wait to make it public. The only place I could see him ending up other than MSU would be OSU though, but at this point that's a huge longshot IMO.

Austin Mack is all Scarlet and Grey though. Real similar player to Cam Chambers.

This WR class is being called the best and deepest in history. A full 22 WRs are in the top 120 players. That's pretty amazing. Could not have come at a better time for MSU with all the WRs we are losing. We're going to take 4 WRs with a 5th or 6th at other positions who could also play WR. With Corley we'll have 3 of the best in the country coming in.

Josh Helmholdt says that IL DT Naquan Jones is all Green and he's not just making an educated guess. Jones is the 116th overall player according to 247.

King, Jones, and Robertson are all going Green, and all 3 may have already committed to Dantonio. Kenny Lyke is announcing tomorrow, it's MSU or ND with MSU being the strong favorite.

I know Crystal Balls are sometimes way off but:
Robertson MSU 69% OSU 19% ND 6% Bama 6% (OSU does not have room for him)
Jones MSU 100%
King MSU 72% ND 6% UM 6% OSU 6% (King named a top 3 of MSU, USC, and PSU)
Lyke 83% MSU 17% ND

Last edited:
looks like some of our committed players are picking up new offers too

After a rush of verbal commitments in the last few weeks, Michigan State must now protect its turf as some of the newly-committed players have added new offers from major programs. Akron Hoban linebacker / athlete Jonah Morris reported new offers from Wisconsin and Notre Dame, along with an in-school visit from Michigan.

"As far as I'm concerned, right now I'm all Michigan State," he said to Scout's Bill Greene. "I will probably take official visits in the fall to both schools, but I'm not sure about that. I love Michigan State, and going on a few visits would let me know I made the right choice."

Andrews called the Irish offer a "great honor" but also said he was not going to any other summer camps but Michigan State's and was not visiting any other programs.

"I mean, I'm a solid commit right now," Andrews said. "I am sticking to my decision. In the long run, we'll see what happens."

Josh Helmholdt says that IL DT Naquan Jones is all Green and he's not just making an educated guess. Jones is the 116th overall player according to 247.

King, Jones, and Robertson are all going Green, and all 3 may have already committed to Dantonio. Kenny Lyke is announcing tomorrow, it's MSU or ND with MSU being the strong favorite.

I know Crystal Balls are sometimes way off but:
Robertson MSU 69% OSU 19% ND 6% Bama 6% (OSU does not have room for him)
Jones MSU 100%
King MSU 72% ND 6% UM 6% OSU 6% (King named a top 3 of MSU, USC, and PSU)
Lyke 83% MSU 17% ND

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2015/05/michigan_state_2016_dt_target.html

If Jones was so "green", then why is he saying things like the folowing

"(Florida) just offered me last week, and I really love the Gator program, I actually should be visiting soon to get more of a feel,'' Jones said. "That's a great program, and Southern football.''

Back