Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU Football recruiting

Panasiuk, Corley, Peoples-Jones, Ross, Thomas, Hamlerm, Kareem and others will be there.

as far as Hill goes, I think he comes back in play if we get Corley

I think Vance committing to MSU is bigger than Corley in terms of Lavert Hill, Vance and he are best friends.

And I think Corley is already a silent commit.

I think Vance committing to MSU is bigger than Corley in terms of Lavert Hill, Vance and he are best friends.

And I think Corley is already a silent commit.
I may be wrong but I think these guys are going green and staging it for a bigger impact

Khalid Kareem told people today that he still favors MSU and wants to commit before the D line class is full. We are taking 5 D linemen this cycle. I think we'll have 3 by Monday and the other two later this month.

So, there's some rumors we're getting an instate kid today. No idea who.

So here's the schedule:
6/4/15 Rumor of instate kid
6/5 Josh King and Brandon Randle
6/6 ???
6/7 Auston Robertson
6/8 Naquan Jones

Now if this thing was organized by Messiah and Cam you have to think there might be a surprise on Saturday the 6th.

Khalid Kareem sets a commit date of 6/24. This bodes very well for us IMO. It will be either UM or MSU with MSU having the upper hand after what Kareem said yesterday.

So, there's some rumors we're getting an instate kid today. No idea who.

So here's the schedule:
6/4/15 Rumor of instate kid
6/5 Josh King and Brandon Randle
6/6 ???
6/7 Auston Robertson
6/8 Naquan Jones

Now if this thing was organized by Messiah and Cam you have to think there might be a surprise on Saturday the 6th.

247 says King is announcing the 6th.

King's commitment bodes very well for the rest of the weekend and Monday. I expect Robertson, Jones, and Panasiuk (Who is announcing Monday now) to follow suit. The only wild card is a possible surprise on Saturday.

Not that we'll stay there, but we could have a top 5 class by Monday evening. Staying in the top 15 is likely and top 10 is possible by signing day.

OK, some rumblings of a surprise in the works. Rumors of flipping LB/DE Daelin Hayes (5 star, #11 in the nation). But that would be insane. There's a surprise commitment coming and it's not Corley (Although that may happen too this weekend. Might be a top 100 OT from South Dakota. Plenty of rumors, nothing solid.

Messiah DeWeaver named MVP at Elite 11 Semis today. He apparently put on a clinic and only had one throw all day that wasn't "perfect" according to Trent Dilfer.

He's going to the Finals.

Last edited:
Messiah DeWeaver named MVP at Elite 11 Semis today. He apparently out in a clinic and only ha one throw all fat that wasn't "perfect" according to Trent Dilfer.

He has to have that 4th star coming up pretty soon here.

He already has it, 4 star, #198 overall on Rivals. He's honestly, based on performances in camps, one of the top 2 or 3 QB recruits in the country. This is his 3rd MVP in 4 camps and the one he didn't win MVP he didn't participate in all the drills.

He already has it, 4 star, #198 overall on Rivals. He's honestly, based on performances in camps, one of the top 2 or 3 QB recruits in the country. This is his 3rd MVP in 4 camps and the one he didn't win MVP he didn't participate in all the drills.

"It took about all of eight minutes for me to go 'That kid has something special,'" Dilfer said. "Long-levered guy, obviously you see the size, physically very gifted. It's tough for guys like this to be organized at this age. It's hard for them to get all their moving parts organized and sequenced,and Messiah has a natural ability to do that, both as a runner and a passer, so right away that kind of caught my eye."

Messiah DeWeaver named MVP at Elite 11 Semis today. He apparently put on a clinic and only had one throw all day that wasn't "perfect" according to Trent Dilfer.

He was named MVP of the first practice.

"It took about all of eight minutes for me to go 'That kid has something special,'" Dilfer said. "Long-levered guy, obviously you see the size, physically very gifted. It's tough for guys like this to be organized at this age. It's hard for them to get all their moving parts organized and sequenced,and Messiah has a natural ability to do that, both as a runner and a passer, so right away that kind of caught my eye."

hes a 3 on 247, scout, and espn. He should be 4 all the way around given his camp performances. I think there are 2 more days of the elite 11 left.

hes a 3 on 247, scout, and espn. He should be 4 all the way around given his camp performances. I think there are 2 more days of the elite 11 left.

He's 4 on 247, ESPN is bringing him down in the composite. Kid is a stud.

George Whitfield really likes him.

"His tempermant. He was competitively cool. Some guys get all charged up and they're the same ones that throws a dime and jumps out their shoes. The ball gets away from them and you would've thought they got broken up with by their girlfriend. Not him.

"He's big time with the throwing. Super coachiable. I think he gained a lot of credit from the staff. When they give you something, it doesn't take six reps for you to implement it takes one rep or two reps and then you're seeking out more information. And then he just stayed on it. Every chance he got, whether it's putting ball over a backer or the footwork. A lot of these guys are never under center I think he did a really good job with both. It was just his overall presence. 'I'm going to impact this thing'. That was awesome."

He's 4 on 247, ESPN is bringing him down in the composite. Kid is a stud.

George Whitfield really likes him.

"His tempermant. He was competitively cool. Some guys get all charged up and they're the same ones that throws a dime and jumps out their shoes. The ball gets away from them and you would've thought they got broken up with by their girlfriend. Not him.

"He's big time with the throwing. Super coachiable. I think he gained a lot of credit from the staff. When they give you something, it doesn't take six reps for you to implement it takes one rep or two reps and then you're seeking out more information. And then he just stayed on it. Every chance he got, whether it's putting ball over a backer or the footwork. A lot of these guys are never under center I think he did a really good job with both. It was just his overall presence. 'I'm going to impact this thing'. That was awesome."

Hes playing above his star level. I didnt think much about him at the beginning of his recruitment but my mind has changed about him. Im still showing 3 stars but it doesnt matter all that much, I just hope he gets the respect of 4 stars all the way around. I assume he will be after this season. http://247sports.com/Player/Messiah-deWeaver-33902

Austin Mack as expected committed to OSU, Auston Robertson announcing today at 3 or 4. There's no such thing as a lock, but I was more worried about King.

Mike Panasiuk announces at 10 am today and Naquan Jones announces at 3 pm. Both are heavy MSU leans who have probably both told Coach D already they are committing. Both are 4 star DTs with Jones being a composite 4 star and #115 on 247s rankings and Panasiuk being rated a 4 star on 247, but a composite high 3, although he's due for a nice bump after having been invited to the Opening.

Jones is a beast and his listed weight of 283 is way low, he measured at 6-4, 327 lbs at his last camp.

Mike Panasiuk announces at 10 am today and Naquan Jones announces at 3 pm. Both are heavy MSU leans who have probably both told Coach D already they are committing. Both are 4 star DTs with Jones being a composite 4 star and #115 on 247s rankings and Panasiuk being rated a 4 star on 247, but a composite high 3, although he's due for a nice bump after having been invited to the Opening.

Jones is a beast and his listed weight of 283 is way low, he measured at 6-4, 327 lbs at his last camp.

I think we'll go 4 for 4 now

Back